Sign in to follow this  
Greg Jones

TerraFlora for FSX from Turbulent Designs released

Hi guys,

Release announcement

Turbulent Designs is pleased to announce the immediate availability of our latest product, TerraFlora.

TerraFlora completely replaces the default autogen vegetation with incredibly lifelike, high-definition textures covering the entire planet. This will dramatically enrich your flight sim experience by giving you beautiful new environments while maintaining a consistent visual quality anywhere in the world.

TerraFlora is also optimised to run as efficiently as possible, giving you a smooth flight from deserts to farmland to temperate forests to rainforests and everywhere in between.

TerraFlora is now available exclusively from www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk

Cheers,

Greg - Turbulent

1 hour ago, Greg Jones said:

Hi guys,

Release announcement

Turbulent Designs is pleased to announce the immediate availability of our latest product, TerraFlora.

TerraFlora completely replaces the default autogen vegetation with incredibly lifelike, high-definition textures covering the entire planet. This will dramatically enrich your flight sim experience by giving you beautiful new environments while maintaining a consistent visual quality anywhere in the world.

TerraFlora is also optimised to run as efficiently as possible, giving you a smooth flight from deserts to farmland to temperate forests to rainforests and everywhere in between.

TerraFlora is now available exclusively from www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk

Cheers,

Greg - Turbulent

replaces all autogen?  Not just the locales that are highlighted on your site? 

52 minutes ago, Saucey12 said:

Those other locales that are listed under TerraFlora are additional airports that the site offers for sale.

Terraflora is for the entire globe.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Does this fix the wrong tree types in certain regions in FSX?  ex. no palm trees in Florida

38 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Those other locales that are listed under TerraFlora are additional airports that the site offers for sale.

Terraflora is for the entire globe.

ok i thought so just making sure.  So question for you:  If one were to download this and decide they want to get rid of it and go back with default scenery?  Would a program like this overwrite and make it to where you essentially hafta re install fsx? 

21 minutes ago, Saucey12 said:

ok i thought so just making sure.  So question for you:  If one were to download this and decide they want to get rid of it and go back with default scenery?  Would a program like this overwrite and make it to where you essentially hafta re install fsx? 

Well, if the README file and these developers are worth their salt, there should be an explanation

of what files need to be saved to bring you back to default.  I don't know if you are using FSX-SE

or not, but you should have made a copy of your entire FSX folder when you first installed it to have

backup files that can be used when files are easily lost or overwritten.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

Well, if the README file and these developers are worth their salt, there should be an explanation

of what files need to be saved to bring you back to default.  I don't know if you are using FSX-SE

or not, but you should have made a copy of your entire FSX folder when you first installed it to have

backup files that can be used when files are easily lost or overwritten.

yea i need to make a backup copy of how the files are as of now so i dont hafta go back and find all my add stuff again.  Thank you sir

7 hours ago, Saucey12 said:

Looks really nice!  Great job turbulent designs 

Thanks mate!

7 hours ago, Saucey12 said:

That's right. All vegetation autogen is updated. The screenshots are just examples of what it looks like in different regions or when combined with other developers products.

5 hours ago, Saucey12 said:

The TerraFlora installer only renames a single file. Nothing is deleted or overwritten - only new files are added. The uninstaller reinstates the original file version.

The whole process is non-destructive but it's always good advice to keep an up to date backup of your sim folder just in case!

1 hour ago, parachutem said:

how is this different than FTX Global Trees HD 

The fundamental difference is that TerraFlora trees are higher resolution and the colouring is more true to life while maintaining an overall look that still sits properly with the orbx landclass textures. Obviously, what is 'correct' or 'true to life' is subjective so your best bet is to check out the screenshots and see what you think. Additionally we've optimised the autogen library to remove the multitude of inefficiencies that are present (and there's a LOT!).

I hope this answers your questions. There's plenty more information over at our website: www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk

Cheers,

Greg

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Greg Jones said:

Thanks mate!

That's right. All vegetation autogen is updated. The screenshots are just examples of what it looks like in different regions or when combined with other developers products.

The TerraFlora installer only renames a single file. Nothing is deleted or overwritten - only new files are added. The uninstaller reinstates the original file version.

The whole process is non-destructive but it's always good advice to keep an up to date backup of your sim folder just in case!

The fundamental difference is that TerraFlora trees are higher resolution and the colouring is more true to life while maintaining an overall look that still sits properly with the orbx landclass textures. Obviously, what is 'correct' or 'true to life' is subjective so your best bet is to check out the screenshots and see what you think. Additionally we've optimised the autogen library to remove the multitude of inefficiencies that are present (and there's a LOT!).

I hope this answers your questions. There's plenty more information over at our website: www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk

Cheers,

Greg

Thank you so much for the info Greg.  I am just getting back into this hobby after a long hiatus and i'm beginning from scratch and i'm definitely adding this to my list of payware items when i have my budget aligned. 

IS there an uninstall option? 

If  for some reason I install this and I want to remove it.. would it cleanly uninstall and remove every vestige of every file it had installed?

EDITED TO ADD:

I see that answers my Q.

quote "The TerraFlora installer only renames a single file. Nothing is deleted or overwritten - only new files are added. The uninstaller reinstates the original file version."

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi. Definitely interested but have a couple questions:

1. Does this provide new autogen vegetation models as well, or just textures?

2. You state "Completely reworked and optimised autogen library to boost performance"  Can you elaborate on this please?

Thanks.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

29 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Hi. Definitely interested but have a couple questions:

1. Does this provide new autogen vegetation models as well, or just textures?

2. You state "Completely reworked and optimised autogen library to boost performance"  Can you elaborate on this please?

Thanks.

Dave

Hi Dave,

1. Only textures but the textures make the models now properly reflect their real-world counterparts.

2. Well now that would be telling! What I can say is that there's a lot of unnecessary texture calls in the default autogen library. Texture calls that lead nowhere. Those we've eradicated. This reduces both the poly count and the drawcalls.

Greg 

37 minutes ago, Greg Jones said:

Hi Dave,

1. Only textures but the textures make the models now properly reflect their real-world counterparts.

2. Well now that would be telling! What I can say is that there's a lot of unnecessary texture calls in the default autogen library. Texture calls that lead nowhere. Those we've eradicated. This reduces both the poly count and the drawcalls.

Greg 

Greg,

HUGE thanks for taking the time to explain the more technical details of the product. A def purchase for me after reading your exposition.

(Side note: we have seen another developer come to these forums and refuse to explain their product, losing a sale from me.)

Appreciate your work, love my L35!!