Sign in to follow this  
Wimma

Pricing of the 747-8

Dear PMDG Team.

I have a question about the pricing of the 747-8 "Expansion"

Because of the fact that the new 800 version of the aircraft is not just a -4oo with different wings and engines, and filled with new electronics and new features, I wanted to know if you will release it as a whole new product for 134,99, or as an expansion for less money where the -400 is needed in order to acquire the -800.

With best regards and greetings from Austria.

Yours, Michael.

Last I heard, it was meant to be released as an expansion to the current PMDG 747-400 QotS II. 

Regarding pricing - I don't know, as nothing has been officially announced. I would assume that it would rival the existing expansions which PMDG has released. So around $30 ($5 give or take).

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

52 minutes ago, Wimma said:

Because of the fact that the new 800 version of the aircraft is not just a -4oo with different wings and engines, and filled with new electronics and new features, I wanted to know if you will release it as a whole new product for 134,99, or as an expansion for less money where the -400 is needed in order to acquire the -800.

There will be no price of an 800 version because we aren't making an 800 version - it doesn't exist :tongue:

The 8? That's a different story...

• Upvote 7

Kyle Rodgers

58 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

800 version - it doesn't exist :tongue:

This dude...

He's right tho.

• Upvote 1

Can't speak about the pricing, or when it will arrive, but:

It's time for me to brush up on my 747 FMC skills (mainly how to use VOR radios from within the FMC- this is new to me).  Just can't stay out of the 737 though....the 737 is a great balance between computer and human interaction with the aircraft.

Just the same, I want to be prepared when the -8 arrives.

Mark Trainer

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

There will be no price of an 800 version because we aren't making an 800 version - it doesn't exist :tongue:

As a 747, I appreciate you correcting Michael's innocent (and presumably, accidental) mistake. :happy:

I don't expect it to be as cheap as the 777-300ER expansion and for good reason. The 747-8 seems to be a far more complicated "expansion" than others considering the aircraft has systems that aren't included with the older versions of the aircraft. It isn't merely a stretched 777-200LR. With that in mind, I would expect a higher price range than the expansions for the 737 & 777.

I am not a dev or anything like that so my logic could be complete rubbish. 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

5 hours ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

I don't expect it to be as cheap as the 777-300ER expansion and for good reason. The 747-8 seems to be a far more complicated "expansion" than others considering the aircraft has systems that aren't included with the older versions of the aircraft. It isn't merely a stretched 777-200LR. With that in mind, I would expect a higher price range than the expansions for the 737 & 777.

I am not a dev or anything like that so my logic could be complete rubbish. 

I agree with you however if the price goes above 30$ it would  lets say too much.Why?Beacuse the price whod be something like 200e(with the 400ver) whcih isnt cheap.If the price is 150$ i have no problem but it would recomend the product to be sold as seperate product.

LOL, another pricing thread...IBTL.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png