Sign in to follow this  
MartinH

TerraFlora for P3D from Turbulent Designs released

5 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

That could be. It's the first encounter I've had with such a webpage to be honest... 

I don't understand why they haven't designed it to list the two prices individually. £19.99 on top and then £24.99 (VAT incl.) below it or something... this way it's just confusing.

True, I agree.

I just bought it. I like what I see so far and no performance impact. 

28 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

That could be. It's the first encounter I've had with such a webpage to be honest... 

I don't understand why they haven't designed it to list the two prices individually. £19.99 on top and then £24.99 (VAT incl.) below it or something... this way it's just confusing.

That would be the correct way.

btw the company is UK based and the UK is still in the EU. According EU rules they must advertise prices including VAT. There announcement here in the forum was 19.99 and not 24.99

I don't like it when I see an advertisement with a certain price and when I go to the shop the price is higher.

Then I feel cheated and just walk out of that shop.

4 minutes ago, Martvl said:

That would be the correct way.

btw the company is UK based and the UK is still in the EU. According EU rules they must advertise prices including VAT. There announcement here in the forum was 19.99 and not 24.99

I don't like it when I see an advertisement with a certain price and when I go to the shop the price is higher.

Then I feel cheated and just walk out of that shop.

I'm not really sure what's happening here, to be honest... Some are seeing £19.99 and some are seeing £24.99... I'm fairly certain, that they haven't raised the price. This could be a VAT thing.

But I'm unable to understand as to why they haven't listed the price as every other developer does?! Write the bare price and put (+VAT where applicable) after it... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

It is VAT. It's just a weird way of presenting it... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

I agree Anders, it should specify if tax is added.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

I'm not really sure what's happening here, to be honest... Some are seeing £19.99 and some are seeing £24.99... I'm fairly certain, that they haven't raised the price. This could be a VAT thing.

But I'm unable to understand as to why they haven't listed the price as every other developer does?! Write the bare price and put (+VAT where applicable) after it... 

When I go to there website the normal way, I see £24.99.  When I use VPN with a US IP-address then I see £19.99.

I have send an email to the dev and wait for the anwser.

The pictures do look very good, but they made a wrong start.  When I see an announcement price of £19.99, then I expect to pay £19.99 and not £24.99.

For me the subject is closed, I made up my mind.

Edit:

Answer from TurbulentDesign:

£19.99 is before VAT.

For example, Terra Flora is £19.99 in the UK, but once VAT is added, it becomes £23.99.

Thanks,

Russell Linn
Turbulent Designs

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. You're correct, the website automatically applies VAT depending on your location.

We'll definitely get looking in to displaying before and after VAT so it's less confusing. Our has actually been active and selling for a few years now and this is actually the first time the VAT thing has come up!

Regarding SODE - This comes with the Turbulent Terminal and isn't actually needed for Terra Flora. You can skip the installation, but please remember to install it if you're using any of our airports. I could look in to removing the Terminal as a prerequisite for the next Terra Flora patch.

Thanks again!
Russ

• Upvote 2

logo.png

Russell Linn

Art Director

Turbulent Designs

Thanks, Russ

Russ :biggrin:

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Bought it and very happy with it, definitely gives more realism to the sim. Tried it in England (EGSS) and in South America (SKRG) and tas impressed by the noticeable change for the better.  Later did a longish flight and the sim (p3dv4) crashed with a sode error, whereas before the installation of this package I had never had any issue with SODE.  Perhaps a good idea to remove anything to do with SODE during the installation. I also have Orbx TRees and found no issues either. 

Hi ideoplastic!

Good to hear. Did you uninstall prior to the installation of TerraFlora?

/Thomas

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

1 hour ago, ideoplastic said:

Bought it and very happy with it, definitely gives more realism to the sim. Tried it in England (EGSS) and in South America (SKRG) and tas impressed by the noticeable change for the better.  Later did a longish flight and the sim (p3dv4) crashed with a sode error, whereas before the installation of this package I had never had any issue with SODE.  Perhaps a good idea to remove anything to do with SODE during the installation. I also have Orbx TRees and found no issues either. 

They are replacements of Orbx, no?

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

4 hours ago, ralinn said:

Regarding SODE - This comes with the Turbulent Terminal and isn't actually needed for Terra Flora. You can skip the installation, but please remember to install it if you're using any of our airports. I could look in to removing the Terminal as a prerequisite for the next Terra Flora patch.

That would be great!  I bought Angwin-Parrett last year and ran it just fine in FSX... thanks for upgrading it to P3Dv4 but I can't use it now because SODE keeps crashing the sim.  Love your work (KBLU, KFOT, KEKA) but the use SODE in latter projects is proving to be rather troublesome.

Greg

Where does it install? folder?

I am not seeing an entry in the scenery.cfg

IS there a menu for any settings to control anything?

I found the folder where it is installed. 

Programfiles (x86)\Turbulent\TRB_Airports\TerraFlora\scenery\Global

but do not see this entry in the scenery.cfg. should I add it. Do not see it in Documents addon folder either 

Ah!..it adds/copies the files  to the P3Dv4\scenery\global\scenery

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I had the Orbx trees installed and didn't touch them, the Terraflora developers have advised that they should stay and would not have an adverse effect. So far I haven't seen anything wrong I did uninstall SODE then reinstalled the 64bit version no further problems so far.