Sign in to follow this  
MartinH

TerraFlora for P3D from Turbulent Designs released

Are there comparison shots available anywhere (compared to default and as a bonus orbx)?

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, ideoplastic said:

I had the Orbx trees installed and didn't touch them, the Terraflora developers have advised that they should stay and would not have an adverse effect. So far I haven't seen anything wrong I did uninstall SODE then reinstalled the 64bit version no further problems so far.

Could I please trouble you to explain how you uninstalled and re-installed SODA?

Thanks!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

6 hours ago, Manny said:

Where does it install? folder?

I am not seeing an entry in the scenery.cfg

IS there a menu for any settings to control anything?

I found the folder where it is installed. 

Programfiles (x86)\Turbulent\TRB_Airports\TerraFlora\scenery\Global

but do not see this entry in the scenery.cfg. should I add it. Do not see it in Documents addon folder either 

Ah!..it adds/copies the files  to the P3Dv4\scenery\global\scenery

What does it install in the P3Dv4\scenery\global\scenery ?

As I have none of terra florra files in that directory. In fact I can't see any associated files in the main P3Dv4 directory for terra flora

2 minutes ago, branks737 said:

What does it install in the P3Dv4\scenery\global\scenery ?

As I have none of terra florra files in that directory. In fact I can't see any associated files in the main P3Dv4 directory for terra flora

I believe it installs its file separately in one location. in my case ""c:\Programfiles (x86)\Turbulent\TRB_Airports\TerraFlora\scenery\Global\

with two sub folders \scenery and \texture

and then copies all the files from there into P3Dv\Scenery\gobal\ folders \scenery and \texture

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

3 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Could I please trouble you to explain how you uninstalled and re-installed SODA?

Thanks!

I went to Control Panel\Programs and Features and uninstalled  SimObject Display Engine rebooted then installed the 64bit version from here: SODE

Don't forget to register it when it prompts you to.

Look in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg there will probably an entry there , if so it has been installed with the command line method as an Add-on Package...

My recommendation is "Don't mess about with the config files manually..will end up in problems further down..."

Jorge

ps if interested read the Learning centre .chm in the root P3D folder.

3 hours ago, Manny said:

I believe it installs its file separately in one location. in my case ""c:\Programfiles (x86)\Turbulent\TRB_Airports\TerraFlora\scenery\Global\

and then copies all the files from there into P3Dv\Scenery\gobal\ folders \scenery and \texture

your 100% right manny it does what you described above, I have now noticed that it does copy over the files to P3Dv\Scenery\gobal\ folders \scenery and \texture.

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

I am very surprised , if it did do that where did it back up the old files?? I dont have the Software but this is a concern to me.

Not following the LM install Instructions for developers...

Jorge

10 minutes ago, aeronauta said:

I am very surprised , if it did do that where did it back up the old files?? I dont have the Software but this is a concern to me.

Not following the LM install Instructions for developers...

Jorge

Please make sure of the facts before jumping to such a conclusion. The following is from Turbulent Designs' FAQ on this product:

"Do I need to backup all or part of my sim setup before install?
Backing up before installing any new system is always good practice. Having said that, TerraFlora does not overwrite any existing files so it is entirely non-destructive."

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Something was amiss. I installed two addons today.. 1) Terraflora and 2) Realtyxp 

I was getting CTDs saying Facilities.dll was the problem

After a bunch of elimination, my Prepar3d.cfg was the culprit... so deleting that started P3d fine

But I was seeing the Animated trees.. you know the ugly default trees? Yeah.. it was all over. So Loaded up my saved profile and unchecked the 3D tree animation and restarted...but still I was seeing those ugly trees. Neither the Orbx trees nor this newly installed Terra Flora.

I then simply uninstalled Terra flora and loaded up my sim.. Now I got back my good ORbx Trees. 

Question.

Does installing Terraflora go and add or change any entries in the prepar3d.cfg? if so what are those entries? ( am not sure..but I wanted to ask.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Great.  Thank you for the explanation!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

4 hours ago, ideoplastic said:

I went to Control Panel\Programs and Features and uninstalled  SimObject Display Engine rebooted then installed the 64bit version from here: SODE

Don't forget to register it when it prompts you to.

Great.   Thanks for the explanation.

Aaron Ortega

7 hours ago, Manny said:

Is that what it does?

I thought, that the installer would install files in a external location / outside of P3D - to keep addon files out of the core folders from P3D. It would then put an entry into addons.cfg, to tell P3D to look for scenery/addon files at that location. The priority in scenery.cfg, would then decide, which files would be shown in the sim.

I don't think, that any files are copied into the core folders of P3D. That would kinda defeat the point of an external addon location.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I don't know how they have done it, but I am really happy with the results, as well as being very surprised with their airport's quality. 

Russ has a real eye for detail and scale. I hope they continue with building a community of mutual encouragers and supporters.

Kind regards,

• Upvote 1