Sign in to follow this  
MartinH

TerraFlora for P3D from Turbulent Designs released

IMO, the fall season colors from TF looked more realistic with the Orbx trees a bit too orange. Also felt the tropical regions were a bit better but to each their own.

RE Thomason Jr.

Hey guys.

Has anybody noticed any conflict between Terra Flora and ORBX (Vector?)? 

This is KSEA area. KSEA was excluded in Vector. 

36628918360_f017f3c39f_b.jpg

36628916760_8cc048205a_b.jpg 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

1 hour ago, skysurfer said:

Has anybody noticed any conflict between Terra Flora and ORBX (Vector?)? 

This is KSEA area. KSEA was excluded in Vector. 

It is absolutely impossible for a tree addon to have an effect on elevation. Must be something else. Terra Flora simply replaces textures and has nothing to do with placement of trees but even if it did it couldn't result in elevation errors.

I'm torn, I prefer the fall terra flora textures, but the winter orbx ones...

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

6 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I'm torn, I prefer the fall terra flora textures, but the winter orbx ones...

Well, use terra flora in fall and orbx in winter. Problem solved. No need to be torn over this. :happy:

25 minutes ago, J van E said:

Well, use terra flora in fall and orbx in winter. Problem solved. No need to be torn over this. :happy:

How would you do that? without installing and uninstalling?

I want to use Orbx for Summer and Flora for winter.

What do I need to do?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

47 minutes ago, Manny said:

How would you do that? without installing and uninstalling?

Well, that you can't do. But if you fly in real time always this won't be a problem: you just have to un- and reinstall things once every three months or so! When winter starts, install Terra Flora and you are done. And after winter install Orbx again. If you however like to fly during fall and winter at random at any time of the year it may become a but cumbersome.

1 minute ago, J van E said:

Well, that you can't do. But if you fly in real time always this won't be a problem: you just have to un- and reinstall things once every three months or so! When winter starts, install Terra Flora and you are done. And after winter install Orbx again. If you however like to fly during fall and winter at random at any time of the year it may become a but cumbersome.

Thats what I thought.

There is one file Flora modifies... Vegetation.bgl (I would think that file points to either ORbx files or Flora vegetation files/...I think. That is my untested theory anyway.  

What if we switch back and forth the vegetation.bgl file?

:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Here's a quick video of a flight over North Wales with TerraFlora and UT Europe V2 in P3D V4, making some low passes so you can have a nosey at those trees close up, i.e. exactly what you shouldn't be doing in a single-engined aeroplane such as PA-28 lol. Incidentally, it seems TerraFlora actually gets better frame rates than the default autogen trees, so for those of you looking for a few extra FPS, it might be worth getting hold of:

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It's a shame it doesn't work with OrbX's full fat regions, else I'd be down.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

20 hours ago, Chock said:

Here's a quick video of a flight over North Wales with TerraFlora and UT Europe V2 in P3D V4, making some low passes so you can have a nosey at those trees close up, i.e. exactly what you shouldn't be doing in a single-engined aeroplane such as PA-28 lol. Incidentally, it seems TerraFlora actually gets better frame rates than the default autogen trees, so for those of you looking for a few extra FPS, it might be worth getting hold of:

+1 on the better frame rates.

In v4, South America countryside, where I was getting around an average  100 fps, they went up to 120 average fps. Bit surprised by that.

T45

On 2017-09-04 at 3:40 PM, J van E said:

I think if I bought two add on tree products for a computer program where you pretend to fly airplanes my wife would have me committed (seriously - pretend you're not a flightsimmer and say that out loud) 😀

Actually, if I bought one she might still have me committed, may as well go for the gusto 😂

• Upvote 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

22 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

It's a shame it doesn't work with OrbX's full fat regions, else I'd be down.

How come??

Thomas Derbyshire