Sign in to follow this  
troybilt

Decimals missing on RPM and Manifold

I have only had a 30min flight on this awesome aircraft but I believe that there is NO decimals in RPM and MANIFOLD. On the real aircraft there is. I flew in up till 2004 and 24.3 manifold with 2450 rpm matters?? maybe I am missing a click spot. To set cruise with options visible at 2300, 2400, 2500 rpm and manifold?? and the rest guess work??   When it says idle at 700 or 800 rpm and it only shows 7 or 8,  I THINK?? something important got left out. On analog RPM and MANIFOLD qauges you do NOT ignore from 2000, "2010,2020,2030,2040,2050,2060,2070,2080,2090" till you get to 2100 . Thanks for return input, Keith..   My Birthday is today. I called PC Aviator and asked if they could get this aircraft, which usually is a 2 week wait, but I had my $5 discount ending 9-1-17. Thanks PC Aviator.  I have had the Carenado older mooney with the ORBX HD free upgrade they had years ago and flew it often as its FDE was done by Bernt Stolle and frame rates are off the chart.

The last numerical digit on the "digital" readout for the RPM gauge does not work. It did not on the initial release of this aircraft. I had submitted a support ticket indicating this to Alabeo. Apparently they missed it or ignored it. Unfortunately it does not work on the patched version as well. Unless enough of us submit support tickets regarding this issue, as other posters noted in the past, Alabeo will probably have moved on to the next project.

Just checked back...THANKS for the reply. Over at NEXga.com they are selling N288MA a 1999 M20R OVATION which is exactly as Alabeo's model. It is not in the listing page yet but is visible somehow. I found it there and has LOTS of pictures and a LONG description. I think they are in South Carolina. I think there is a youtube with the salesman showing it thru, inside and out. When he turns the battery on the digital readout is there but white and the first part is red on the gauges. In the real one for example with just a battery test...Red point White. I am going to look and will most likely find a flying youtube showing the panel.  I sure hope they fix this. This is critical. Surprised no one complained. Young and New I guess.

From my own personal experience and what I have observed on these unofficial forums, Carenado\Alabeo will put out one patch and at the most two--two can be rare. The last response I had from Alabeo on this--we will consider it for a future patch (update). That is usually their pat answer. Please feel free to submit a support ticket informing them about this issue. Would be interested to see how Alabeo responds back to your request.

Raymie

On 1.9.2017 at 7:35 PM, raymie said:

The last numerical digit on the "digital" readout for the RPM gauge does not work.

That's how it is in the real aircraft as well: http://strategicaircraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/N77PH-Climb.jpg

But the decimal digit on the MP gauges is indeed missing. 

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Just noticed you Avsim repaints files. Looked at them and your A2a Comanche N8351P has been my favorite on this aircraft for a while. Downloading the C182T N6218B, you have excellent taste. Thanks Keith

• Upvote 1

Submitting a ticket on that too, using MP to fine tune without the decimal is almost useless.

Rafael Henrique Carelli

That is puzzling how you did it. I am scrounging around in curiosity to check out the possibilities on how you did this while waiting for a Mod from you. "Tim-HH" . In Microsoft Flight SimulatorX/Gauges/....there is GAUGE_M20R.CAB and the AP autopilot. This stuff is encoded and to figure out how to open in a rewriteable and readable language is brilliant in  my book. And IF this is it you still have to figure out the solution. However when I went to your avsim library it goes WAY back to a lot of work you did in flight sim 2004 so understandably your ablilitys have been tried and seasoned.  I have the MAAM b-25 which was one of my favorties and saw your repaints. Your repaints on A2a's are incredible and I love the Navy A2a T6 Texan work. Your quite the painter. I can not imagine JUST starting this hobby and diving into all the things you have to understand to install and fix everything involved in this hobby "cold turkey".  It took me years and years and years. Thanks for your contributions. I emailed "hopefully correctly" just a few minutes ago. Thanks keith

• Upvote 1

Tim graciously provided me with the mod but I am unable to make it work, even with a fresh install of the Mooney. I am on P3DV4 so I am wondering if anyone else was able to make it work with P3D!

I extracted the folder, added it to the "panel" folder in each of the Mooney versions (LITE and Regular) with no avail...

Any ideas?

Edit: Was able to get it to work. Unpacked the GAUGE_M20R.cab file in the P3D Guages folder, dropped Tim's updated XML file to GUAGE_M20R, renamed the existing GAUGE_M20R.cab to GAUGE_M20R_BACKUP.cab and voila! 

Altogether, there are a number of sloppily coded gauges and gauge displays in this, otherwise quite nice, airplane.

I have touched up a few things and am not quite finished looking around..

If you would like to try an early copy, contact me via PM with your email address.

• Upvote 1

Bert