Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

P3dv4 + ftx scenery library placement of airports above FTX questions? and also FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS

This is an age old question.. i know the general answer but looking for a few rare specific exceptions that i think exist.

In the past its always been like this for 3rd party addons when viewing in sceneryconfigeditor etc top down (priority 1 down):

3rd party addons
3rd party libraries (or above addons or i dont think it matters, same with 3rd party land classes)?
3rd Party photoreal
FTX entries (along with FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS)
FTX OpenLC
FTX Vector
UTX 
FreeMesh
Bathemetry and Defaults

**As of now i have very few 3rd party addons (aerosoft etc) above FTX.. i do find it works better if they are placed above FTX, however, they stick out like a sore thumb and dont blend in with FTX regions (ie: sca with los angeles aerosoft).
my other issue is the global airports.. seems i have to move it all the way to above default scenery at the bottom to prevent weird anomalies like a trench in the ocean at the default florida location, but this might have something do with something else.. unsure.. so every time i open FTX it moves the global airport entry up the chain and messes things up.  

Are there any reasons to NOT put 3rd party addons above FTX.. and after moving them.. i guess it doesnt matter that their land class entries are above OPENLC?

I also run with UTX + vector (but roads disabled in vector).. prefer the realism of utx road layouts, coupled with streams from vector, so that forces me to do a weird arrangement.. like this.. (ill move airports to above FTX and modify the setting in ftx central)..

3rd party addons
3rd party libraries (or above addons or i dont think it matters, same with 3rd party land classes)?
3rd party Photo real **
FTX entries (along with FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS)
FTX OpenLC
UTX entries (except for a few)
ORBX Vector (most entries)
FREEMESH
UT Exclusions for Default Scenery
ORBX!VectorEXX (but unchecked/disabled)
Bathemetry
Global Airports
ORBX!Vector_AEC (i think this might be causing elevation issues being way down here under bathemetry, will move back up in the group?)
Defaults

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.. mostly curious if there are ever reasons to not put 3rd party regions above FTX (benefits of some kind)

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I have a question to piggy-back on this thread. Since installing P3D V4 and various (approved) V4 addons, my Priority List is all out of whack.

Is there a way to easily prioritize add on scenery in the "Settings">"Add on Scenery" selector? As opposed to individually selecting and moving up. Because, all of my ORBX scenery is at the BOTTOM of the priority list.

Thanks for any help offered!

8 minutes ago, hqmurphy said:

I have a question to piggy-back on this thread. Since installing P3D V4 and various (approved) V4 addons, my Priority List is all out of whack.

Is there a way to easily prioritize add on scenery in the "Settings">"Add on Scenery" selector? As opposed to individually selecting and moving up. Because, all of my ORBX scenery is at the BOTTOM of the priority list.

Thanks for any help offered!

Check in FTX Central for Settings.. Library Insertion point.. you can manipulate it from there.  Also.. i think you were asking about the build in scenery editor.. but SceneryConfigEditor makes it easy to move things around and make backups.

• Upvote 1

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

8 minutes ago, theskyisthelimit said:

Check in FTX Central for Settings.. Library Insertion point.. you can manipulate it from there.  Also.. i think you were asking about the build in scenery editor.. but SceneryConfigEditor makes it easy to move things around and make backups.

SceneryConfigEditor makes it easy to move things around, meaning adjust Add-on Scenery priority? 

1 minute ago, hqmurphy said:

SceneryConfigEditor makes it easy to move things around, meaning adjust Add-on Scenery priority? 

Yeah that entry or any entry for that matter.. create groups.. turn them on and off for faster loading (still needed with a large install even on SSD unfortunately).

• Upvote 1

Amazing - yeah, clicking each ORBX scenery file over 100x (past BASE, Bathymetry, etc) was not ideal. Thank you for the tip!

Just now, hqmurphy said:

Amazing - yeah, clicking each ORBX scenery file over 100x (past BASE, Bathymetry, etc) was not ideal. Thank you for the tip!

Np.. Happy skies