Sign in to follow this  
in2tech

Dovetail Announce first official FSW DLC coming!

10 minutes ago, arsenal82 said:

Dlc even before the sim is completed ??

i would guess that the Aircraft part of the SDK is complete or broadly similar to FSX-Se

On 9/2/2017 at 1:29 PM, arsenal82 said:

Presumably there are parts of the sim which are relatively complete, it is after all using a very similar structure to FSX in many ways, and whilst there may not be an 'officially available' SDK, it is fairly obvious that some of the developers who were involved from the start, i.e. Simul, A2A, Carenado, Orbx and Turbulent Designs will have some kind of guideline documentation on what can and cannot be done. It's my guess that Turbulent Design's new TerraFlora add-on will end up FSW compatible fairly soon, I'm sure they'll have been working on that being compatible.

It doesn't surprise me that Just Flight would be among those privy to that info too, since they have been working with Dovetail for quite a while via FSX-SE releases and they said right from the start they would be involved, moreover, they were one of the few developers which made DLC for AeroFly FS1 and much of their content is in P3D by default too, so they have a history of being willing to get involved with new sims at the early stages.

There are actually two other DLCs already available for Flight Sim World, although they are not officially being touted as FSW releases, these being FS Flight Control and a number of UK2000 airport sceneries, all of which do have an FSW installer option. 

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I was hoping it would be a medium featured tubeliner instead.

I feel FSW really needs to show it will also be a full featured sim and not purely GA based.

VB - there's an airliner tailfin icon on the Aircraft selection screen, and the airport jetways move when AI airliners (imported from FSX & FSX-SE) dock and undock :happy:

Hopefully all the current add-ons for FSX-SE will become FSW-compatible in time, either included as default or as add-ons, along with many others of course!

Will the 3rd party aircraft have the excellent Cold & Dark and pop up check-list systems of the default aircraft?

3 hours ago, deetee said:

Will the 3rd party aircraft have the excellent Cold & Dark and pop up check-list systems of the default aircraft?

I would hope that functionality would be something DTG would push for where officially sanctioned add-ons are concerned, but I guess it would to some extent depend on how easy it is to do and if there are developer tools available which make it easy to do.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

18 hours ago, tamsini said:

With all these quality sim options suddenly available with seemingly limitless potential, i wish I would have listened to my mother and married for money instead of love.

Best line ever :) My first reputation given I think! Man that was good :)

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

7 hours ago, deetee said:

I am not 100% sure about this, but I think Cryss from Dovetail posted somewhere that it had an awesome checklist. I assume he mean's like the ones they just released for Cold & Dark, remember when they gave us that Update they said 3rd party people could customize it to their liking, I think, and this is just speculation, knowing Just Flight was working on this plane. The Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III, just don't kknow where I saw it. I think it was on my Discord server :)

17 hours ago, arsenal82 said:

Absolutely bring it on! Why not? They need to find out if 3rd party thing's break their code in some way! Think about it, if, when, where, it goes Gold, RTM, whatever, if Dovetail is true to their word and making boat loads of money they will always be updating it just like it was in Early Access! If it works out the right way. Which I think it will, or sure hope so. I like all of the sim's!

5 hours ago, Learjet777 said:

Best line ever :) My first reputation given I think! Man that was good :)

Thanks Learjet777!

Mario Di Lauro

Disappointing to see that it's just "another GA aircraft", but kudos to DTG for keeping on top of this project. I still haven't ruled out buying it.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I've been reading quite a few disappointed comments because it is 'just' a GA aircraft but to me the Arrow is a logical progression from the Cherokee.  It is a smaller step up to a complex aircraft without going all the way up into the Mirage.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Snoopyace said:

I've been reading quite a few disappointed comments because it is 'just' a GA aircraft but to me the Arrow is a logical progression from the Cherokee.  It is a smaller step up to a complex aircraft without going all the way up into the Mirage.

More importantly we'll see if it has the full "Cold & Dark" interactive checklist from startup to shutdown. We'll also be able to compare system performance between the FSX, P3D and FSW versions. Just Flight themselves can assess how much work it would be to convert the rest of their fleet, which includes JETS - passenger jets, fighter jets, all kinds of JETS - for those who like that sort of thing... :laugh:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A32xx said:

More importantly we'll see if it has the full "Cold & Dark" interactive checklist from startup to shutdown. We'll also be able to compare system performance between the FSX, P3D and FSW versions. Just Flight themselves can assess how much work it would be to convert the rest of their fleet, which includes JETS - passenger jets, fighter jets, all kinds of JETS - for those who like that sort of thing... :laugh:

I think it has, Just Flight facebook profile answered some questions and they said it's not a ported version, it's a new and native FSW plane. They said it has more features than FSX/P3D versions and it's nicer to look bacause of PBR. For me that means it will have everything we like on the stock planes. 

• Upvote 1