Sign in to follow this  
RXP

GNS V2 update v2.3.1 available

Hi, I thank you all for your massive and warn welcome to this new gem!

This has been a frantic week juggling among dozens of things and trying to find a solution to every single issue reported. We've had made a lot of progress toward the update and I wanted to share the list of items addressed so far:

• Assistant not always decoding the correct gauge X,Y,W,H (position + dimension) in the panel.cfg file.
  • Installer reporting XML/Variant related error: we've worked on a more robust XML config tool which should prove to handle installation correctly.
  • Support for legacy GNS exported variable, which should help transitioning until aircraft vendors catch up with GNS V2.
  • Support for more default GPS commands, especially for the left knobs (push/inner/outer).
  • Added a fix for the floating point error reported when the sys_nand file has been corrupted (cdp_mfd.dll error).
  • Corrected A/P loosing ALT mode when arming APPR mode when flying with GNS vertical guidance.

The GNS V2 2.3.1 update is now available from this link:

download the installers

Please note it is not available through the "Check Update..." button. We'll wait for your initial report prior making this update official.

Thank you again for your patience!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you Jean-Luc.

Will the update be downloaded using the in sim configuration panel?

33 minutes ago, bills511 said:

Will the update be downloaded using the in sim configuration panel?

Yes, and in any case, it will be announced here.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

A quick update on the update!

We've been chasing a nasty bug this afternoon when doing our final tests prior packaging, and this made us miss today's deadline we were targeting. Honestly, I was about to pull my hairs out, and I just wanted to share with you what has happened. This might help in the future.

The tests were done on all sims (believe me, when releasing a product which is compatible from FS9 to P3D4, these are very time consuming). Usually, we do the tests on stock aircraft, most of the time the B58.

I'm yet to get to the bottom of it, but it seems the P3D4 B58 has a bug: when loading the sim with this aircraft (open the sim, pickup aircraft/location/weather or load situation), the NAV/GPS switch will not activate when told to. That is the gauge sends the standard FSDK trigger_key_event (or send_key_event) and this won't work.

Now load the Mooney instead, and it works ok. Switch to the B58, it works ok too!

This is really peculiar and we've lost a lot of time trying to figure what was wrong in our code base.

Nevertheless, the good news is that by tomorrow morning our time, the release shall be ready! It will be first made available through the forum, and if there is no crash-type bugs, it will be officially released via the "Check Updates..." button.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Jean-Luc.

I'll keep an eye out and be sure and let you know how it works on my end.

1 hour ago, cptburgos said:

Is this update released already?

Well in the OT, it says: "The GNS V2 2.3.1 update is now available from this link:"

So I guess yes! As for the download link, please just follow the link!

Hello,

Previous version have to be uninstalled ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Hi Jean-Marc, you may install over, new files update older ones.

undestood ; thanks :smile:

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars