Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

No Limits Coaster 2

For those of us who love stunt flying, I can't recommend this sim enough.  Ole Lange has kept the project going thru the years and has faithfully recreated roller coasters of many styles.  The 3d graphics give the feeling of flight as you ride the trains over the landscape.  The only downside, there are no passengers with you, you ride the train solo.  Not sure why he did it that way.  On the flip side the tracks are real to life.  Kumba, which I have been on, matches up perfectly to the real thing.  Same with Gwazi. There is a lot of third party support for the sim, a coaster builder is included with the program.  I prefer the stock coasters, they are wonderfully rendered.  Since I am 56 my old body can't be shaken anymore in real coasters, No Limits gives me a second life, takes me back to my twenties.

John

• Upvote 1

Try it in VR........ :ha:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Wow, that is one wild coaster ride, very disorienting even watching it from my chair!  I am still looking for a good No Limits2 track site so I can add more tracks to the sim.

John

On 9/1/2017 at 4:45 PM, HiFlyer said:

Try it in VR..

How does one try it in VR?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

3 minutes ago, MikeT707 said:

How does one try it in VR?

There is a no Limits Rollercoaster 2 Demo on Steam, and both it and the full program work with Oculus and Vive VR

Sorry I can't provide ya' a link, though. 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

6 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

There is a no Limits Rollercoaster 2 Demo on Steam, and both it and the full program work with Oculus and Vive VR

Sorry I can't provide ya' a link, though. 

Good to know. Thanks.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

My No Limits runs independent of Steam, updates install themselves automatically when I open the application.  You can choose or ignore.

John

Tried this in VR. It is the ONLY game I had to stop playing after 10 minutes because I began to feel uncomfortable. It's actually worse than the real thing in VR. :happy:

41 minutes ago, J van E said:

Tried this in VR. It is the ONLY game I had to stop playing after 10 minutes because I began to feel uncomfortable. It's actually worse than the real thing in VR. :happy:

LOL, I do get disoriented sometimes when I run No Limits.  Version 2 especially is quite immersive and if at the right distance from my monitor, I might as well be there.  Given this is really a niche entertainment title, it's amazing that Ole Lange has been able to keep at development over the years.  There are other coaster and theme park simulators out there but none have the feel of No Limits IMHO.  Only thing missing are the screaming pax, when riding No Limit's coasters we are "Crash test dummies".

John