Sign in to follow this  
simbol

Prepar3D V4 AI traffic Lights problem

** Update **

AI Lights Reborn Free Edition Release Candidate is ready.

Version 3.2 Change log:

• AI Strobes Lights: Lights reflections improved with new textures and effects.

• AI Green and Red Navigation Lights:  Lights improved  with new textures and effects.

• AI White Navigation Lights: New textures applied, effects were re-adjusted to avoid any orbs at distance.

• AI Beacon Lights:  Lights improved with new textures.

• AI Beacon Lights: As suggested by members of the beta team that are RW pilots, the lights effects are now adjusted so the lights are not visible until short final. 

• AI Beacon Lights: As suggested by members of the beta team that are RW pilots, the bottom beacon light makes reflections against the tarmac and the lower part of the airplane. Please note this effect is very subtle in order to keep the simulation experience as immersive as possible.

• 4K and 2K Monitors: Lights and effects were confirmed by the Beta team that are working without any problems on 4K and 2K screens.

• AI Lights overall: All the AI Lights were adjusted to react accordingly to daylight time, for example during the day strobe lights are less reflective than at night .

Pending / In Progress

• Installation program: Under tests.
  • Confirmation from Beta Team that the RC is fine and the installation file works as expected.

The RC should be send to the beta team after I finish the installation program tests, after the beta confirms that everything works as expected, the RC will be send to Avsim staff for final approval.

Lockheed Martin have now replied to my letters stating that as long as I followed their User Eula, Developer Eula and developing guidelines there a not problems to release this or any other utilities developed in the future, on this regard the AI Lights Reborn Free Edition will be installed & implement as instructed by Lockheed Martin SDK Developing guidelines.

Speak to you soon

Kind Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 5

** Update **

AI Lights Reborn Free Edition Release Candidate is now with the Beta Team, they will be testing the installation file and the latest version 3.2 of the AI lights.

Everything rest now on the hands of the beta testing team, if everyone is happy with the results you should have the release version very shortly.

Speak to you soon

Kind Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 3

Just one maybe stupid question: I own REX TD for P3Dv4 and if I am not completely mistaken, it includes a new halo.bmp in a classic texture set. Will this interfere with your AI Lights Reborn Free Edition Release Candidate? Do I have to take care that when using REX TD, none of the lights are changed? Same question goes for the FTX Global street lights, I think they also modify some basic light textures which are used globally...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

34 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Just one maybe stupid question: I own REX TD for P3Dv4 and if I am not completely mistaken, it includes a new halo.bmp in a classic texture set. Will this interfere with your AI Lights Reborn Free Edition Release Candidate? Do I have to take care that when using REX TD, none of the lights are changed? Same question goes for the FTX Global street lights, I think they also modify some basic light textures which are used globally...

Hi AnkH,

Many thanks for your question, in terms of AI Lights the Halo.bmp is used internally by PD3/ FSX to override the AI Landing lights automatically. This freeware is not touching any landing lights or effects configured for AI traffic and therefore it would not interfere with your current configuration.

This add-on was designed to avoid any conflict with the most well known 3rd party add-on and utilities, so the freeware will also install its own set of textures that will be used accordingly for the Navigation, Beacon and Strobe Lights.

Conclusion

You can use REX TD without any problems since the AI Lights Reborn Free Edition do not use Halo.bmp textures in anyway.

Once again many thanks for your interest and support.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 3

Simbol, I haven't received my latest update yet. Could you please send it to me. Thanks.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi Simbol,

nod bad, from starting this topic to offering a solution within 2 weeks - my compliments!  

I found this here due to a search for a solution regarding the awful lights in P3d v4 for myself. So, I highly appreciate what are you doing und looking forward what will come :happy:

Thx in advance once again and thumbs up!

Kind regards

Michael

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, captain420 said:

Simbol, I haven't received my latest update yet. Could you please send it to me. Thanks.

Apologies, it seems your email address blocked it, I send you an alternative way to retrieve the update via your private email address.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, miwe said:

Hi Simbol,

nod bad, from starting this topic to offering a solution within 2 weeks - my compliments!  

I found this here due to a search for a solution regarding the awful lights in P3d v4 for myself. So, I highly appreciate what are you doing und looking forward what will come :happy:

Thx in advance once again and thumbs up!

Kind regards

Michael

Michael,

Many thanks for your kind worlds and support, I am sure you will love this freeware add-on.

We are very close to release it, I want to release it this week so stay in tune.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

It's this kind of dedication to our hobby that makes the whole thing great.  It's a seemingly small change in the grand scheme of things, but actually, it's visually quite significant and adds yet more depth to overall immersion.

Thanks for you efforts.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, ErichB said:

It's this kind of dedication to our hobby that makes the whole thing great.  It's a seemingly small change in the grand scheme of things, but actually, it's visually quite significant and adds yet more depth to overall immersion.

Thanks for you efforts.

Hi Erich,

Many thanks for your kind words.

Many simulator users (including me) have dreams of becoming real world pilots flying for an airline, private Jets or small GA planes around local airports, small details like these is what make us in a way fulfill that deep dream we have (at least for a couple of hours), personally I am very passionate about and flying that I cannot go on without flying at least once a week (My wife keeps asking why you don't get a real plane? I keep saying to her only if I could honey!!, but don't we need to keep paying the mortgage no?) , the lack of details currently present in many flight simulators products and their third party add-on's is staggering.

Not many developers out there understand the passion for our hobby, this is not just a hobby, we are living a "Dream" when we fly and this is what they need to understand before starting to develop any tool for any flying simulator, this is not a game, it is a simulation...

I have a couple of others projects already on my queue for the very near future, it seems I will need to develop a couple of add-on's myself, I am tired of waiting for over 10 years for someone to give me what that I need to make my dreams (and yours) come true..

Stay tune, I will let you know my plans after the AI Traffic Reborn free edition is available to general public.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

I have a couple of others projects already on my queue for the very near future, it seems I will need to develop a couple of add-on's myself, I am tired of waiting for over 10 years for someone to give me what that I need to make my dreams (and yours) come true..

Stay tune, I will let you know my plans after the AI Traffic Reborn free edition is available to general public.

Regards,
Simbol

Looking forward to knowing what they might be.  

I think most of us over the years have just learned to live with certain annoyances.  The blobby AI light problem is one of them.  It's definitely not a showstopper, but the significance of better visual enhancements (especially lighting related) is always going to be a winner.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

I am sure the Community will love them. Great words by the way and I am seeing myself in them. While I could go out for real world flying, it is the little time I have that holds me back. With only little free time, the flight training would be less and the risk to make an error due to lack of training / routine just too high.

I also like "Reborn" in your addon title, which implies that the bulby AI aircraft lights will be something of the past :happy:

Cheers,

Chris

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

21 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

I am sure the Community will love them. Great words by the way and I am seeing myself in them. While I could go out for real world flying, it is the little time I have that holds me back. With only little free time, the flight training would be less and the risk to make an error due to lack of training / routine just too high.

I also like "Reborn" in your addon title, which implies that the bulby AI aircraft lights will be something of the past :happy:

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your support, I totally get what you are saying, don't worry we will keep the dreams alive and make them much better.

I have a full serie of "Reborn" products lined in the queue... 

Best Regards,
Simbol

54 minutes ago, simbol said:

I have a full serie of "Reborn" products lined in the queue... 

We're always curious what Santa will bring to us :biggrin:

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

** Update **

The FSReborn series official AVSIM forum is now up and running, if you want to continue following this topic please visit: https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/821-fsreborn-series-support-forum/

Once again I want to express my deeplest gratitude to everyone for their great support, it has been a great journey and I feel extremely very happy with the outcome.

My special thanks to my Beta Team (you all know who you are) and to AVSIM Staff (Jim and Victor) who gave me great advises and configured the forums for me.

Speak to you all soon, I am going to bed I need to finally get some sleep :biggrin:.

Best wishes,

Simbol

• Upvote 2