Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

Background Radio Static?

Hey Dave,

On the ATC Sounds config page, at the bottom, you have the area where you can add radio background static.   I assume this is suppose to mix your WAV file of static with the TTS voices coming out of your headset during transmissions?   I have your radio-static.wav file loaded but when I do radio check calls the static wav doesn't play with the TTS controller talking to me.    I tried with Cerproc, Ivona 2 and Microsoft voices and can't get the static to play.    Is this what this feature was designed to do?   Did I miss a step?  I read through the manual and the instructions look pretty straight forward.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Hey Dave, did this actually get patched? I have the static file loaded and just realized after a flight with 2.3 that I still have never heard the static when ATC is talking to me.

Just wondering,

p

Yes, it does work.  I just checked.

If you're flying, it may not be audible above the wind/cockpit/engine noises.  Be sure you have the static sound file selected and the volume set up high and the Enabled option checked.  Also, try it out on the ramp when getting clearance or something else so you don't have the engine noise.

Dave

Ok, thanks, I'll check.

Just want to confirm one more thing first. in my situation I have my ATC coming through my headset and the X-Plane sounds goint through my external speakers ( Plane, cabin sounds and AI sounds ) . If the P2A voices are assigned to my USB headset, is the static also automatically sent to that? If the static is going to the external speakers, I will never hear it.

p

The static will play through the same device as the voices.  The second static file is louder than the first, so you can change to that one.  radio-static-2.wav

13 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

The static will play through the same device as the voices. 

Hi Dave. I have got the static to play now so I can at least confirm that . Although I actually had the P2A volume in my mixer at 0 by accident, I could still hear my TTS voices properly in my USB headset despite this so I didn't think to check that. My bad there ;) Now the static is playing but it is indeed coming out of my speakers, not the headset. 

On the Speech Tab of the Config, I have the Speech Output Device set on "Speakers (USB Audio Device)". Is there another setting I've missed to get the staticv to go there also? Right now setup this way I get TTS voices in Headphones and static through speakers.

p

Set the Speech Output Device to the Headphones.  All should then go to the headphones. 

To be honest, I have no idea how they could be going to different devices.

You could also set the Headset to the Windows Default Sound Output device and select Primary Sound Device in P2A.

Dave