Sign in to follow this  
curt1

New user question

I have to admit I'm a bit intimidated by this program, and don't want to make mistakes as I go.  I see my initial loading of PTA has 6 boxes checked.  If I load a preset, does that mean that only those checked box areas will be adjusted, or will the preset automatically activate other boxes necessary to meet the requirements of the preset?  I hope that makes sense.  

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Okay, never mind.  I see that the presets do activate whatever options necessary for the desired results.

Not completely sure what you're asking but when you first load PTA, it is showing how the default ini will  set up it's preset.

PTA will not change anything until you "apply" the preset you are looking at. I'm sure you already know that you can "load" a different preset and then "apply" it. You may not completely understand what the new "loaded" preset will look like until you "apply" it and go fly.

5 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

Not completely sure what you're asking but when you first load PTA, it is showing how the default ini will  set up it's preset.

PTA will not change anything until you "apply" the preset you are looking at. I'm sure you already know that you can "load" a different preset and then "apply" it. You may not completely understand what the new "loaded" preset will look like until you "apply" it and go fly.

I'm just a "look before you leap" kind of guy, and didn't want to apply a preset until I knew what the consequences were.  I appreciate your response, but I should just trust the program and leave my paranoia aside.