Sign in to follow this  
curt1

New user question

I have to admit I'm a bit intimidated by this program, and don't want to make mistakes as I go.  I see my initial loading of PTA has 6 boxes checked.  If I load a preset, does that mean that only those checked box areas will be adjusted, or will the preset automatically activate other boxes necessary to meet the requirements of the preset?  I hope that makes sense.  

Okay, never mind.  I see that the presets do activate whatever options necessary for the desired results.

Not completely sure what you're asking but when you first load PTA, it is showing how the default ini will  set up it's preset.

PTA will not change anything until you "apply" the preset you are looking at. I'm sure you already know that you can "load" a different preset and then "apply" it. You may not completely understand what the new "loaded" preset will look like until you "apply" it and go fly.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

5 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

Not completely sure what you're asking but when you first load PTA, it is showing how the default ini will  set up it's preset.

PTA will not change anything until you "apply" the preset you are looking at. I'm sure you already know that you can "load" a different preset and then "apply" it. You may not completely understand what the new "loaded" preset will look like until you "apply" it and go fly.

I'm just a "look before you leap" kind of guy, and didn't want to apply a preset until I knew what the consequences were.  I appreciate your response, but I should just trust the program and leave my paranoia aside.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.