Sign in to follow this  
Guest rleiro

Government Planes - a ?

Guest EasyEd

Hey All,Up here in Alberta there is a flap going on about the governments private (public) plane fleet. A lot of talk about wasted money, inappropriate personal use and all that kind of stuff. Anyway the Premier of Alberta (equivalent to Governor of Alberta) has at his disposal 2 King Air 200s 1 King Air 350 and 1 Dash 8. What do other State level Governments have that they own? Anybody know for their state? As for the Feds I assume that the President of the US only has Air Force 1 and a Helo. Does he have or fly on more? How about you International guys - what do your leaders have?Just Curious.Take Care! -Ed-

For the United States of America, whatever aircraft the president is one is designated Air force1, or Navy 1, or Marine One, etc...There are several helicopters that the Marines use for that task, not sure of the exact number.There are several 757's in the fleet as well, that the president uses at smaller airports instead of the 747. These same aircraft are also used by cabinet position personnel depending on the task at hand.Not sure how many my State has, California. I'll try to see what I can find.One thing, how long would the delays be on aircraft that have a VIP government person on board dud t special security concerns, and would you want to go through that?Regards,Joe****************Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest P3_Super_Bee

I think most State Govenors fly good ole commerical.... Gov Lingle here in Hawaii on her weekly radio show, always has a story or two about her travels though airport security. This is not to say they never fly govenment/miltiary aircraft. We infact have flown Gov Lingle ourselfs, though it was at the invitation of the Navy that she fly with us, she has no authority to call up asking for a flight.:-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/i...s/sign_name.jpgThere is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

Let's see, the Dutch government is about as large (maybe smaller) than Alberta (in number of people).They have a single G-IV at their disposal (officially owned by the head of the airforce as a VIP transport it's more commonly used to shuttle senior government honchos to "meetings" across Europe). The Royal House has a single Fokker 70 in addition to that which is sometimes also used for government purposes.The crown prince, following in his grandfather's footsteps, is fully qualified to fly the Fokker and puts in enough hours with KLM every year to stay current in addition to (maybe not always) flying the aircraft on official business when he's part of the party.That's it. Of course they can (and sometimes do) call upon military and police helicopters and aircraft in emergencies, but such situations are rare.

Guest VApilot2004

Well I can tell you about the state of Virginia's couple of A/C:There are three aircraft, used for revenue, that are normally available on a first-come, first-served basis -- with pre-emptive priority for the Governor and Virginia Economic Development Partnership.The Citation II can seat 7 to 8 passengers - cost is $985.00 per hour of flight time.The King Air 200 can seat 8 to 10 passengers - cost is $850.00 per hour of flight time.The Turbo Commander can seat 5 to 8 passengers - cost is $850.00 per hour of flight time.Oh and our State Troopers have 7 helos and 4 airplanes -According to the website - Between January 1, 2004 and December 31, 2004, the Aviation Unit flew 3,114 hours.kelly

Guest EasyEd

Hey All,Thanks guys! Interesting the variation out there. Keep the info coming if you know.Take Care! -Ed-

Guest rleiro

Well... in Venezuela the Venezuelan Air Force manages the presidential fleet. Basically, it consists of some Falcon and Grumman Jets (which belonged to PDVSA, oil state company), as well as a Cessna Citation II and a wide variety of helicopters (btw, last week some russian helicopters were finally ordered here).For medium to long-haul routes we have a Boeing 737-200 (a.k.a. "El Camastr