Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Prepar3D AddonOrganizer 1.15 released

Hello @ll,

version 1.15 fixes a bug, where SODE could not be uninstalled after using the P4AO.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver, thanks for the update. A few questions from v1.14.

1. Is there any possibility for the user to resize the application? Sometimes things get difficult when you want to look up the exact path in the 'Other addons' or 'Packages' tabs.

2. I created developer groups to minimize the amount of folders that get created in the 'Prepar3D v4 Add-ons' folder under 'My Documents'. This does what it says and I can enable/disable entire scenery groups from a developer in one go but is there a way to selectively disable only a few in a group? For example, I have FlyTampa Dubai, Athens and Amsterdam. If I want to do a flight from Dubai to Athens, I need to disable only Amsterdam in the group. So far, I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. It's either you keep all entries individual (i.e. no groups) or enable/disable them all at once.

3. Many a time I've noticed that enabling a scenery by double clicking on it in the 'Scenery' tab still leaves it in bright red highlights. I can click on the scenery and then select 'Edit Scenery' which shows that it is 'Active' but it doesn't show it in bright green in the UI. I reviewed the manual that comes with it and it says I must click 'Save' in order to reflect the user changes but it's a hit or a miss. Sometimes it works while other times it remains the same, even after saving and restarting the app, and lastly

4. The scenery library order changes infrequently without any user intervention. For example, I recently purchased Terra Flora from Turbulent Designs and it inserts a 'TD Libraries' in the 'Scenery' tab but at random times when I start the program, it would have moved to another position or an airport scenery would have jumped up or down a few places. I'm still trying to locate the cause but haven't been able to find anything. 

I'm sure I've either missed something in the manual or my ways are incorrect so feel free to guide me in the right direction. I thought I'd bring it up so you could examine it when able but the lack of reports about any of these issues makes me think it is definitely something local that is causing these problems and not the program itself.

Hello Karan,

1. Currently not. Resizing influences the other components of the windows too, and that didn't work out too well.

2. Only if you enable/disable them in the main list. But you could always create additional groups, there is no rule that one scenery can only be in one group.

3. Not sure about that, I haven't seen it yet. The problem here is, that the P4AO is doing something that is not possible according to specification. Basically it breaks the XML "construction rules" when disabling only one entry in an addon XML by renaming the node to something that P3D doesn't know (leading to a content error in the log). If you want to handle it by spec, you would have to disable the complete add-on.xml. I hope that LM will address that in a later release of P3D and allow the "Active" tag in add-on.xml definitions.

4. I have heard about this, but I have never seen it. P4AO is "stateless", it doesn't remember the sequence of anything from the last time that you called it. Every time you start it, it reads all the config files and aligns the contents according to the same rules. This suggests that something is changing your config files inbetween, or that there is an ambiguous sorting order somewhere (=not depending on a clear parameter like the layer, but rather on sequence of access).

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for responding. 

1. Unfortunate but not a deal breaker so I can live with it.

2. I was usually grouping scenery based on the developer. So, based on my last example, there was one group by the name of FlyTampa and all my FlyTampa products were included in that. Doing so only allowed me to enable/disable the entire FlyTampa group without being able to select individual products within the group. As per your suggestion, I'll keep them separate.

3. I had no idea there was such a limitation from LM. If that is the case, I sure hope they will address your concerns which would enable us users to adapt to their new methodology while still retaining some form of functionality when using P4AO.

4. You were right. It was ORBX that was conflicting with the scenery order. Turns out ORBX FTX Central was set to automatically adjust the scenery order unless the user enforced strict settings. I configured FTX Central to follow how I wanted their products to be placed and I didn't see the products jumping around anymore.

Thanks for all your hard work and making such a useful software free to use. This could easily pass as a paid program given the power it has. Much appreciated!