Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

FSX-SE minimizes to task bar when opening the assistant

Hi, I'd suggest you start trying the 2.3.1 update available here and let us know if this solves this issue.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

So, I attempted to use the updates. I have downloaded them from the link provided in the forum. Unzip and run them as the administrator.

I attempted this multiple times.

What confirms they run?

When I run them, I see the screen blink, but that is it.

From the logs that I uploaded, I still show them as the original 2.3.0 version.

Is there a specific location that I should run/move, or copy the updates to?

Thanks

Charles (Chuck) Nicholas

Flight Sim Hobbiest

2 hours ago, Computerhead2 said:

Unzip and run them as the administrator.

You're not the first to indicate your run installers as administrator (in general, not ours specifically) .

Can you please explain why you just don't run it normally?

Have you at least tried?

In effect, you have to know running an installer in admin mode is not the same as in normal mode, especially in regard to registry access rights and paths, as well as file access rights and paths, to the point it can mess up an installation.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thanks, I tried again to install, by just double clicking on the .exe and i get the same result. The Windows 10 hourglass activates, for about a 1/2 second. Then returns to file with the  mouse cursor focused/blinking, but nothing to indicate that the installation occurred.

I have the AV turned off when I do this.

As far as why I ran it that way, originally I tried it without using that mode (same result)........... I thought that was the recommended practice from Microsoft (to install using, "Run as administrator").

Further thoughts/recommendations to getting the assistant to work, or running the installation?

Charles (Chuck) Nicholas

Flight Sim Hobbiest

Can you please tell me which .exe you are talking about? (filename).

I've just posted the links to the 2.3.2 release candidate. You might want to try these out instead now.

Besides, can you please cross check the status of this aircraft files?

"Pilatus PC-9/A (T) - IRIS 'Evolution' Display Team panel"

The name displayed is the name as seen by FS in the aircraft.cfg file. You might want to check this entry in the aircraft.cfg file has a panel= which is either empty (the default 'Panel\panel.cfg') or specific.

Then, following the trail, it there a panel.cfg file to this location?

Finally, can you try opening a popup window when in this aircraft (say SHIFT+2, +3, +4) and try the "Configure Aircraft..." menu again?

I just downloaded version 2.3.2, unzipped and executed both files.

The update, executed as I described previously......

"Thanks, I tried again to install, by just double clicking on the .exe and i get the same result. The Windows 10 hourglass activates, for about a 1/2 second. Then returns to file with the  mouse cursor focused/blinking, but nothing to indicate that the installation occurred."

Charles (Chuck) Nicholas

Flight Sim Hobbiest

Thank you for the details otherwise it would have been leading us both to a wrong direction.

Unfortunately the issue is not Reality XP related but e-commerce wrapper related. (The .exe you are trying to run is the commerce wrapped installer).

you might want to first ensure what is preventing the e-commerce exe to run directly via our e-commerce partner.

If I wanted to reinstall from the e-commerce suppliers site, would I get the updated version 2.3.2?

Do I want to uninstall the RXP products using the Windows 10 uninstall - prior to trying the above?

On the surface the issue being with the eCommerce provider does not make sense to me since the assistant will run in P3D (both v3 and 4), but not in FSX-SE? and the GPS does work if I manually configure it (manually).

Any thoughts on how/what I want to tell the eCommerce provider, since the update is what I just downloaded is not provided by them?

Thank you, for any assistance you can provide.

Charles (Chuck) Nicholas

Flight Sim Hobbiest

rxpGNS2-430-FSIM.exe and rxpGNS2-530-FSIM.exe

These are the ecommerce installer of our products. When run they require your purchase info, or key (reinstall) to continue, then they unwrap our software installer which runs and installs our software.

your post says you double click these above, and after ½ secs nothing else happened. The issue then is the ecommerce installer not launching, and this issue is with our ecommerce partner wrapper which seems not running on your system. 

Does this wrap up the issue correctly?