Sign in to follow this  
JDWorks

GNS530W Setup Question with Carenado JetProp

The Carenado JetProp comes with a GNS530/430 and G500 panel.  I have replaced the native GNS530 with the RealityXP GNS530W.  The G500 now displays information coming from the RXP 530W in the left (PFD) panel, but information coming from the native GNS530 in the right (MFD) panel.

If, for example, I input a simple flightplan into the RXP 530W (like direct to KXYZ airport), the G500 PFD shows the appropriate course information corresponding to the current leg of the RXP 520W flightplan, but the G500 MFD displays another flightplan, specifically the flightplan that was in the native GNS530 before I replaced it.

Two questions:

1.  How do I get the RXP GNS530W flightplan to display on the G500 MFD?

2.  Can I get the autopilot to fly the RXP GNS530W flight plan (including LPV approach)?

Do I need change the Add-On selections or do I need to modify the RealityXP.GNS.ini file?

Thank you for any help!

10 minutes ago, JDWorks said:

1.  How do I get the RXP GNS530W flightplan to display on the G500 MFD?

2.  Can I get the autopilot to fly the RXP GNS530W flight plan (including LPV approach)?

Do I need change the Add-On selections or do I need to modify the RealityXP.GNS.ini file?

Not 2 but 3 questions!

1) Very simple, just wait our G600/500 simulation and this will be working fine!

2) This is working already

3) In general, you don't need to fiddle with the RealityXP.GNS.ini file anymore, nearly all settings are now accessible with the settings panel.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

27 minutes ago, RXP said:

1) Very simple, just wait our G600/500 simulation and this will be working fine!

:smile:

31 minutes ago, RXP said:

OK fair enough, but this used to work in FSX with the legacy rxpgns430 and the Carenado Phenom 100 G1000 MFD.  By adding LinkGPS=On to the RXPGNS.INI file for the airplane it would fill the MFD FPL from the rxpgns430.  It was a great feature that I can't find a way to implement in the v2 gns.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

This feature is not yet implemented, but it might come back in a future update though.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Jean-Luc - You said the autopilot can be set up to fly the RXP GNS530W flightplan and LPV approaches.  I must have it set up wrong.

My autopilot will fly a heading command, vertical speed command and will level off at a prescribed altitude, but that's it.  I cannot get it to fly a Nav command (to follow the RXP 530W flightplan).  Also, cannot fly an RNAV approach with the autopilot.  In fact, I cannot even hand fly an RNAV approach, because the course and glideslope indicators (the "ILS" indicators) don't show up on the G500 when they should; i.e., when you've activated the approach on the RXP 530W, you're established on the final approach coarse and intercepting the glideslope from below.  I have not tried flying an ILS or LOC approach.

I'm hoping these things all work if set up properly.  Is there something I need to do to tie link the autopilot, G500 and RXP GNS 530W together?  The autopilot doesn't get any information from the RXP 530W.  I am an experienced IFR pilot and fly with a RW GNS 530W in a RW Piper Malibu, and would just like to simulate something like the RW experience, if that is possible.

Thank you!

First, please make sure to troubleshoot with default gauges on default aircraft if anything seems wrong, because you can't assume any third party gauge (like the G500) is getting its data from default FS data.

Having said this, in your particular case, please review the device settings (SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK top edge) and make sure to enable 

• Master Device: the device has authority on the shared resources (A/P, HSI - when you have dual GNS, only one can drive!)
  • Connect GPS to Autopilot: obvious?
  • Connect GPS to HSI: if you want readouts in default gauges.

NB: there is only 1 A/P system, and 1 HSI (unlike X-Plane where you have pilot/copilot independent systems!). Since only 1 device can drive these, you have to tell with 'Master Device'.

Sounds simple.  The only View I have in the Carenado a/c is virtual cockpit.  I am assuming you meant to SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK on the RXP GNS 530W.  That does nothing but offer different views (Cockpit, Tower, Runway, Tower, etc).  I get those same options when I just RIGHT CLICK, holding SHIFT doesn't seem to make any difference. 

Is there some other way to get to the device settings?

42 minutes ago, RXP said:

SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK top edge

the key is on the top edge of the GNS device

On 9/2/2017 at 11:03 AM, RXP said:

This feature is not yet implemented, but it might come back in a future update though.

Jean-Luc,

I would have to second bbuckley on this one!  I'm very happy to have GNSv2 (and it's great to see you around again!)...but sorely missing linkGPS. 

linkGPS is highly relevant for me because most of my flying is with Carenado/Alabeo releases and they rely heavily on FSGPS-based gauges, i.e. their highly-pervasive Avidyne MFD, G500, G1000 etc.  I've been using the FSX RXP-GNS to drive navigation in Carenado's G1000 aircraft for years...it worked very well because the waypoint list and route line would be passed to the Carenado G1000.  It was my favorite workaround to fly SIDs/STARs/approaches.

I hear you... I can't promise it will come soon, especially since we've been exploring other avenues for this live route sharing feature, and even more so because we've other options to bring both to the GTN and the GNS... more on this once the GTN is released!