Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Best photo scenery options for P3D

6 hours ago, GSalden said:

Regarding flying with photoscenery with an improved TileProxy :

WorldTerrain https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/787-world-terrain/

Hi Gerard,

1) Can I limit this to specific area or country? I need phototxtures only North  Africa, Middle East and India.  I am happy with what I have for NA, EU etc.

2) would this be placed on top of the scenery.cfg or could I say, place it at the bottom since I'd like Addon airports on top of this?

3) IT doesn't look like its P3Dv4 ready. Right?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

Hi Gerard,

1) Can I limit this to specific area or country? I need phototxtures only North  Africa, Middle East and India.  I am happy with what I have for NA, EU etc.

2) would this be placed on top of the scenery.cfg or could I say, place it at the bottom since I'd like Addon airports on top of this?

3) IT doesn't look like its P3Dv4 ready. Right?

Hi Manny,

1 You can dl the tiles for a specific country with FSET by selecting only what you want .

2 photoscenery can be placed where you want. Only, if you have an addon airtport place it higher in the library

3 What did you think that it was.... 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

From the demo video, WorldTerrain looks flat without autogen.  May be ok at 10000 FT but down low it's ugly. Same with FsEarthTiles ?  I never try PhotoScenery with FSX/P3D so I wonder whether all of these products like MSE have no autogen?  Ortho4XP has autogen overlay on top so the rendition is very complete IMHO.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Just now, Anxu00 said:

From the demo video, WorldTerrain looks flat without autogen.  May be ok at 10000 FT but down low it's ugly. Same with FsEarthTiles ?  I never try PhotoScenery with FSX/P3D so I wonder whether all of these products like MSE have no autogen?  Ortho4XP has autogen overlay on top so the rendition is very complete IMHO.

As far as I know you can add custom AG to it

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

That Italy Photoreal map of Europe stops at the southern section of Denmark.....just short of the area that I require for use with Fly Tampa Copenhagen Kastrup. I am looking for good quality photoscenery of Denmark and southern Sweden, as flying to and from a highly detailed airport with crappy default scenery or ORBx FTX Global surrounding it is not an option!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

14 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

That Italy Photoreal map of Europe stops at the southern section of Denmark

Yes I know. I have already send an email to the developer and have asked him (very politely), if he could extend this further north. That was three months ago. So far he has not replied. So I guess, we are at least with him out of luck.

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I previously used tileproxy, but that doesnt work with v4 anymore.. i've tried fsearthtiles.. sometimes it works out fine and others it will crash on me and takes much longer to generate regions than Ortho4XP does.

For MSE.. i'm finding that the 4x titles have much better resolution than the v3 ones they claim are brand new and better.. i did a direct compare between Maryland 4x and Maryland v3.. night and day almost.. not all areas are 4x titles (or ultra res ones) so thats unfortunate.

I have Black Marble and black marble vector.. it looked good at night.. daytime roads were even looking good, many more almost utx style with a few discrepancies.. but once FTX global is installed and even with the BM Orbx patch, daytime roads become a mess of bright white and many vanish.  I'm working with the Developer to try to figure out whats going on with the that (daytime issues in non ftx regions in particular too).

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

3 What did you think that it was.... 

Thank you

OK so it is P3Dv4 compatible. The you tube install video shows only P3Dv3 option.

Do you approve Gerard?  I'll get it if you approve. :) I am going to try the Free trial first.

Not sure how good the textures are for ME (Saudi Arabia) and India. 

I had the sim and I was in Alaska... so when I started the WT it tried to load Alaska area. How do I tell it to load a specific area/country? It loaded Alaska area but they were very low resolution textures.... it all blurry. 

Manny

54 minutes ago, Manny said:

Thank you

OK so it is P3Dv4 compatible. The you tube install video shows only P3Dv3 option.

Do you approve Gerard?  I'll get it if you approve. :) I am going to try the Free trial first.

Not sure how good the textures are for ME (Saudi Arabia) and India. 

I had the sim and I was in Alaska... so when I started the WT it tried to load Alaska area. How do I tell it to load a specific area/country? It loaded Alaska area but they were very low resolution textures.... it all blurry. 

Manny , I do not use World Terrain. I use ready to use photoreal scenery.

You can always try WT for free ( trial ) and see how it is on your system. It is great for low and slow. However , I fly a 737-800 so on my system eventually I am getting blurries.

However , imho I think the future of Fs will be downloading realtime photoscenery and custom AG installed on your pc.

Not sure how it's even functional.. ever 2 minutes it's trying to reload the terrain all over... I have so many addons and photo sceneries for NA and EU, IT It takes over 10 minutes each time I have to load the terrain. :)

This may work if all you have is WT as add-on scenery and fly very slowly and low. 

Manny

18 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I think the future of Fs will be downloading realtime photoscenery and custom AG installed on your pc.

This is what I think (and hope) too.

Richard Åsberg

What about mesh when using photo scenery?

Is using products such as FS Global Ultimate and similar still required or will the elevation data normally be included in the photo scenery somehow?

Richard Åsberg

29 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

What about mesh when using photo scenery?

Is using products such as FS Global Ultimate and similar still required or will the elevation data normally be included in the photo scenery somehow?

Elevation data is not included in photoreal scenery

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

15 minutes ago, klamal said:

Elevation data is not included in photoreal scenery

So in other words there's still a need for products such as FS Global also when using photo scenery to have correct elevation, mountains shaped like IRL etc?

Richard Åsberg

2 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

So in other words there's still a need for products such as FS Global also when using photo scenery to have correct elevation, mountains shaped like IRL etc?

Yes, for the most part.  Sometimes I think photoreal can create a better illusion of elevation because of the shadows that are part of the image.  So, even though an area would be flatter without better mesh, it can still appear to have more depth.  So maybe that would be good enough for some people?  For me, I'd still use quality mesh too.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024