Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

MT6 vs UTLive

28 minutes ago, pegruder said:

I think the main stuff I missed with UT2 was cargo aircraft.

There are lots of Cargo plans included in UTL and quite a few paints as well, it does get significantly better though once you add repaints and see the cargo stuff come alive.

PANC for instance.

2017-8-17_16-38-13-960.jpg

EHAM, the only operator I've added outside of UTL in either screen here is FedEx

2017-8-29_12-2-43-83.jpg

22 minutes ago, mwilk said:

Is FedEx still MIA when it comes to AI? I know World of AI pulled their FedEx package. 

FedEx plans have been available through AIG and UTT for many years, the most recent afaik are from Summer 2015 and Winter of 2016/17 for the various US feeders. Currently, there's no AI A310 available that I'd use but here's what my default KMEM looks like currently in V4.

2017-8-9_17-25-44-937.jpg

• Upvote 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

48 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

There are lots of Cargo plans included in UTL and quite a few paints as well, it does get significantly better though once you add repaints and see the cargo stuff come alive.

PANC for instance.

2017-8-17_16-38-13-960.jpg

EHAM, the only operator I've added outside of UTL in either screen here is FedEx

2017-8-29_12-2-43-83.jpg

FedEx plans have been available through AIG and UTT for many years, the most recent afaik are from Summer 2015 and Winter of 2016/17 for the various US feeders. Currently, there's no AI A310 available that I'd use but here's what my default KMEM looks like currently in V4.

2017-8-9_17-25-44-937.jpg

Thanks for sharing.  Those models look pretty good actually.  Does UTL inject traffic outside of the sim as UT2 did?  Or is that traffic affected by the in-sim sliders?

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

7 hours ago, pegruder said:

Certainly understandable with liveries and all changing all the time.  I think the main stuff I missed with UT2 was cargo aircraft.  I ended up manually adding a few in UT2 but never backed anything up.  I guess my only issue with UTL is that it mainly seems like its UT2 with a new UI and a new installer.  Maybe I'm mistaken and missing some other features on UTL.

Did you delete v3 and all contents? Including UT2? Oh boy... It took me less than 5 minutes to redirect UT2 from v3 to v4. Copying all AI models and textures from v3 to v4 took longer... What a pity you lost this...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

11 hours ago, pegruder said:

Certainly understandable with liveries and all changing all the time.  I think the main stuff I missed with UT2 was cargo aircraft.  I ended up manually adding a few in UT2 but never backed anything up.  I guess my only issue with UTL is that it mainly seems like its UT2 with a new UI and a new installer.  Maybe I'm mistaken and missing some other features on UTL.

I agree, it is a slightly repackaged UT2. The stuff I care are about is basically the same as UT2 such as the ability to add/change paints quickly. To me, UT's UI is the best for assigning aircraft/paints to flightplans. Cargo flights would definitely be a great addition, but because the source their data from airline timetables, the data don't include cargo flights.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

8 hours ago, duckbilled said:

Cargo flights would definitely be a great addition, but because the source their data from airline timetables, the data don't include cargo flights.

Err, see above. That is UTL.

I have used UTL in v4 since June 30th and have had no real problems at all.  In fact, since the latest release I have had absolutely no problems whatsoever.  I have traffic in UTL set at 100% and unlike past AI, there really has been no negative affect on framerates.  Today I flew into the "default" ORBX KDEN  in my A2A C172 (and almost was run over by a Southwest 737 on final!) and I couldn't believe the number of AI flights in and out of the airport.  Literally, there were always at least six airliners in the air one after the other on final and an equal number taking off one after the other. There was even a GA that came in to park next to my C172. The airport looked like a beehive, but there was really no appreciable reduction in framerates :)  I couldn't be happier with this AI.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

41 minutes ago, vp49p3 said:

I have used UTL in v4 since June 30th and have had no real problems at all.  In fact, since the latest release I have had absolutely no problems whatsoever.  I have traffic in UTL set at 100% and unlike past AI, there really has been no negative affect on framerates.  Today I flew into the "default" ORBX KDEN  in my A2A C172 (and almost was run over by a Southwest 737 on final!) and I couldn't believe the number of AI flights in and out of the airport.  Literally, there were always at least six airliners in the air one after the other on final and an equal number taking off one after the other. There was even a GA that came in to park next to my C172. The airport looked like a beehive, but there was really no appreciable reduction in framerates :)  I couldn't be happier with this AI.

I have avoided using AI because my plane would be passed by AI planes on final approach.  Is there a way to prevent that with UTL?

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:30 PM, curt1 said:

I have avoided using AI because my plane would be passed by AI planes on final approach.  Is there a way to prevent that with UTL?

There is.  There's no instruction manual yet, but there's a dropdown in the UTL addon in the menu bar for inhibiting AI on approach--I just forgot to use it.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

1 hour ago, vp49p3 said:

There is.  There's no instruction manual yet, but there's a dropdown in the UTL addon in the menu bar for inhibiting AI on approach--I just forgot to use it.

Thank you, that makes a huge difference.  Based on your enthusiastic review I'm putting this on my shopping list.

13 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Err, see above. That is UTL.

Yes, just like in UT2, they do have some so my statement wasn't very precise. I think we have always missed are UPS and FedEx. I know we can add the plans, but with V4, I'll also have to update all of the models and and add alphas to paints. It would be nice if these were included out of the box.

I'm guessing that their data source only has data for airlines that have published passenger schedules. For those airlines, cargo flights are also captured.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

On 9/3/2017 at 6:21 AM, AnkH said:

Did you delete v3 and all contents? Including UT2? Oh boy... It took me less than 5 minutes to redirect UT2 from v3 to v4. Copying all AI models and textures from v3 to v4 took longer... What a pity you lost this...

I ended up formatting my entire PC when I built a new one.  Completely forgot about the work I had put in :(

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Which package would work best to add GA to small airports in FTX Norway? Or are all these addons mainly for airliners on large airports?

The GA in either package use the same hideous models, so whether you are looking for small GA or bizjets it's going to be roughly the same.

Thanks but hideous models I can live with, I was mainly wondering if these addons add any traffic to little Norwegian airports. It is of no use if the hideous models only show up in Bergen or Oslo. In other words, I don't care much about the models, I care about the traffic that that is or isn't added. :happy:

With UT Live I have seen GA aircraft landing and taking off at pretty much every major airport or small airfield I've visited. Even at remote gravel strips in the middle of nowhere in Alaska. And the GA aircraft seem to fly at somewhat sensible altitudes, unlike the default AI where there's always an A36 Bonanza up at 20,000 feet making you wonder "You OK with oxygen up there, buddy?"

• Upvote 1