Sign in to follow this  
austindk

Light Switch Functionality?

Does anyone know what these switches are supposed to do?

aERV3HM.png

As far as I can tell the rear switch controls the glareshield and cabin flood lights. But this doesn't seem right. I would think (and after reading the article below) that the rear should control the flood and the front controls the glareshield.

Soon, it was time to turn on some cockpit lights, and here is another area in which the newer Mooneys shine (no pun intended!).  Cockpit lighting is superb.  Flight instruments are individually lighted and there are small post lights for important switches not backlit.  In addition, there are two glareshield flood lights that can light the entire panel from harsh bright (something I’d use when in the vicinity of lightening flashes) to a soft subtle glow.  I don’t think it would be possible not to be able to find a combination of instrument and glareshield lights that wouldn’t please everyone. 

-Aircraft Evaluation: Mooney M20R by Trey Hughes

You can see where the author states that the glareshield has 2 different settings of intensity. This matches up with the function of the front switch.

I submitted a ticket to Alabeo but I am seeking some community input.

Sorry about the picture quality it was taken in FlyInside FSX

This must not bother anyone as much as me but I did get a reply back from Alabeo if anyone is interested.

Greetings,
Thanks for you feedback, we know how the lights work, but sadly due to simulator limitations is not possible to implement the proper behavior.
Regards

Alabeo.