Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Repair P3d?

Question:

If I were to do a "REPAIR" for P3D...not an uninstall,  would my main addons still be there?  I mean things like my ORBX programs and planes that work within P3D.  I know I tweaked some things with FSX and P3d, and I believe some of my gauges are now 32bit instead of 64bit.

Stan

27 minutes ago, spilok said:

Question:

If I were to do a "REPAIR" for P3D...not an uninstall,  would my main addons still be there?  I mean things like my ORBX programs and planes that work within P3D.  I know I tweaked some things with FSX and P3d, and I believe some of my gauges are now 32bit instead of 64bit.

Stan

I did this last week and did a repair on content and scenery due to some texture issues I was having. It did not delete my third party addons like orbx. 

I've never done a repair on the client, I've always just reinstalled the client so I'm not sure if repairing the client would delete the regeneration files like the standard.xml (for controls), Prepar3d.cfg, scenery.cfg etc etc. In any event it will NOT delete the third party add ons and the above regeneration files can be copied and placed in an another folder for backup, then replaced after reinstall/repair

Repair didn't work.  Scenery was all screwed up.  I re-installed, and now everything is beautiful.  No problems at all. 

Stan

Stan, I did the same thing last week with the same results. Let's hope this is not an imbedded problem. I really don't believe it is. My first thought was of some of the sceneries not having true v4 installers.

Bill W

Yes.  I'm guilty.  I played with 32 bit planes (default 737) and fsx gauges.  My fault.  I learned my lesson. ONLY use certified v4 stuff and just be patient, wait for more and more sceneries and planes to become available.

Stan

• Upvote 1

Interesting.

I have done the same, used old installers, and old FSX aircraft I wanted to see if they worked, blah blah..

But I also installed the new REX4 + Soft Clouds and some other sceneries.

Spent a few weeks with XP11 and came back to P4DV4 only to find it stuttering, sucking back my RAM, at one point it was so smooth, now its a mess.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3