Sign in to follow this  
AOB

I Wish.....

For a program where I can add parked aircraft to my perfectly modelled local GA airport. Aircraft with real paint jobs and registration numbers. I would also like to be able to pick one and do a cold and dark start up with it and then go flying over my identifiable house. I would also like to hear local birds chirping and hear the railway bells as the flashing crossing gates go down and see a train pull into the station. Maybe even see the Ghan train go through on its long way up to Darwin, or the Indian Pacific on the way to Perth. ..... ahhhh dream on. What are your FSW wishes guys?

A program where I can add parked aircraft to my perfectly modeled local GA airport. Aircraft with real paint jobs and registration numbers. I would also like to be able to pick one and do a cold and dark start up with it:

You can do exactly that with Lorby Where are my aircraft? (WAMA).

Go flying over my identifiable house. 

You can do exactly that too if you make it in FS Design Studio, which is very easy to learn how to use.

I would also like to hear local birds chirping and hear the railway bells as the flashing crossing gates go down and see a train pull into the station. Maybe even see the Ghan train go through on its long way up to Darwin, or the Indian Pacific on the way to Perth.

You can do that too, you simply attach an audio file to an object in your sim. You can make such objects with numerous 3D modelling programs, including: GMax and FS Design Studio, 3D Crafter etc. If you go to Freesound.org, you can download tons of sounds for free.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

Go flying over my identifiable house. 

You can do exactly that too if you make it in FS Design Studio, which is very easy to learn how to use.

Instant Object Studio used to be brilliant at this.  Just move to where you wanted to make something, fire up IOS and Boom!...build a house while you're sim's running!  Alas, it only works in FSX but, maybe it'll be made to work again someday.  

In terms of birds, I've often thought it should be a global thing...like road traffic.   Condors soaring, sparrows flying about...bird sounds.  Also, FSLawnMower.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

9 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

In terms of birds, I've often thought it should be a global thing...like road traffic.   Condors soaring, sparrows flying about...bird sounds.  Also, FSLawnMower.

A few weeks ago I asked about Ambient Sound on the FSW forums. Once you've shut your own aircraft down and the AI have taken off or also shut down, there's total silence which is quite eerie and most unrealistic. My request was for some wind sound, airport traffic, ground crew conversation, distant highway or city traffic and maybe birdsong at the smaller airfields. If anyone remembers Emma Field for FS2004, it had all this and more - very atmospheric indeed.

What I'd really like to see in FSW is an extension of the Training and Missions features, and the "Cold & Dark" interactive checklist feature, combined into a "Career mode" as it were.

Every Combat Flight Sim ever made has had built-in missions and campaigns, no-one would have bought them if they only had the aircraft and airbases and you had to buy the missions and campaigns separately!

The MS Combat Sims featured a selection of aircraft and the whole world was modelled in them even though the campaigns were based in specific regions. For some reason this feature never crossed-over into the MS Flight Simulator franchise, so it would make FSW really unique and be a very strong selling point.

We know that the "Cold & Dark" interactive checklist can be extended through all other phases of flight, and I see this as being the basis of any mission in the Career mode. There could be the usual three difficulty settings of Easy, Medium and Hard, with Easy having the co-pilot set the radio frequencies, light switches etc., and Hard being all controls handled by the player with the checklist only and no highlighted controls.

The player would only be able to select from a range of installed aircraft which he is currently rated for, and would gain bonus points for choosing an aircraft which is perfect for the mission. If an aircraft didn't have the range to complete the mission, it may need external or long-range fuel tanks which could be earned by completing shorter-range missions first.

Challenges in each mission could obviously include flying at various times of day and night (when the player has gained instrument and night-flying ratings in the Training mode of course!), various weather conditions and terrain, but there could also be flying an accurate holding pattern, go-around or even aborted take-off.

Destinations such as capital cities and holiday resorts could include side-missions where the player can take on the role of a pleasure flight pilot in a choice of floatplane, other fixed-wing or helicopter (depending on location) with bonus points being earned for safe flying and enabling the tourists to get the best photos of the local landmarks.

Or perhaps a police pilot tracking a car thief, an air ambulance pilot on a call-out, even a stunt pilot at an airshow.

Maybe it's time we had cinematic cut-scenes like the Combat sims and all other games do - if you overstress your airframe in any civilian flightsim, you're given an outside spot view of your plane, frozen in space with it's prop still spinning, for about 15 awkward seconds before your flight is re-set. In all other games, a cutscene would show the plane spiralling earthwards with the pilot bailing out and opening his chute, while your flight is re-set.

My apologies for rambling, but a good Côtes du Rhône is a terrible thing to waste!