Sign in to follow this  
1230james

None of my addons can find SimConnect

Been poking around with .NET Framework installers. They all say that I have .NET Framework (3.0 and 4.0; 4.6 should already be installed with the OS) installed (as I said before, I found the respective keys in the registry and their folders appear in windir\Microsoft.NET\Framework and (...)\Framework64), but they don't seem to appear in the Programs and Features list like it used to before my system reformat.

Maybe this has something to do with all these programs not being able to detect that the correct .NET Framework versions have been installed?

.NET comes with the OS you may see items listed 4.6 and 4.6.2.

The SimConnects you are on about are x86 not .NET if you see my other posts. Your system is broken up in some way, did you update the c++ libs x86 and x64 2005-2015.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

You said the whole problem started with a program not seeing simconnect so you reformatted.

Why not reformat and get the system fully up to date before installing any sims or addons. Then just install P3D, the simconnects, then and only then try a known program that works properly with simconnect before installing anything.

18 hours ago, SteveW said:

The SimConnects you are on about are x86 not .NET

Uhh?

did you update the c++ libs x86 and x64 2005-2015.

That was one of the first things I did, if you read my previous posts in this thread.

You said the whole problem started with a program not seeing simconnect so you reformatted.

Why not reformat and get the system fully up to date before installing any sims or addons. Then just install P3D, the simconnects, then and only then try a known program that works properly with simconnect before installing anything.

...what do you think I did? ._.

Yes I saw your post, I was checking you did both x86 and x64.

Set up a system only days ago no problems like this, straightforward setup, I've no idea why yours became a problem.

...From what you say it was working, then at some stage became a problem with something new you got not seeing simconnect. Maybe something broke it, I heard one tale a printer driver broke simconnect, I doubt it was that but simconnect is not 100% foolproof. So I suggested if making a fresh build leave out everything but one good old trusty simconnect app to test it out before adding on more stuff.

34 minutes ago, 1230james said:

Uhh?

The link you posted shows the message from MS .NET, the managed simconnect module from FSX SP2 61259, 10.0.61637.0 is not found by the app. No amount of installing the x86 SimConnects in \redist will help.

49 minutes ago, SteveW said:

...From what you say it was working, then at some stage became a problem with something new you got not seeing simconnect. Maybe something broke it, I heard one tale a printer driver broke simconnect, I doubt it was that but simconnect is not 100% foolproof. So I suggested if making a fresh build leave out everything but one good old trusty simconnect app to test it out before adding on more stuff.

I already did a system restore. I don't see why doing another one would change anything.

34 minutes ago, SteveW said:

No amount of installing the x86 SimConnects in \redist will help.

That much is obvious. Can you please refrain from making useless comments, or just stop replying entirely, if you have nothing new or relevant to say, please? I opened this thread to get expert opinions; you've just been reposting the obvious and unhelpful details. :/

Member warned about his inciting/trolling post and will not be able to respond for the next five days.  Topic locked.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10