Sign in to follow this  
1230james

None of my addons can find SimConnect

Is this the right place to post this? I have no idea; this is my first time posting here

So I just finished a system reformat, since one of the SimConnect installers was refusing to work. I was trying to get FSXWX and GSX to work, but it kept returning errors that stated that apparently SimConnect wasn't installed. It had worked fine before (Also have FSX:SE installed), but I tried to use the SimConnect installers that come with P3Dv4 anyway.

After the reformat, I reinstalled P3D and ran all the SimConnect installers. They all worked fine, and all versions show up in the Programs and Features list. Following advice from various other forums, I restarted after finishing the installation.

FSXWX still couldn't find SimConnect.

GSX also stopped working for FSX:SE after reinstalling those, and their forums led me to Dependency Walker. After running it on couatl.exe, it stated that SimConnect.dll was missing. On top of that, running the FSXWX executable displays this.

Some other forum posts recommended uninstalling and reinstalling all the VC++ 2005 and 2013 redists, so I did that. Restarted my computer afterwards just to be safe.
Still nothing.

I've got no other ideas; it seems that SimConnect just does not want to be my friend anymore. Anyone got any ideas?

The legacy installers for simconnect in P3D were installed in P3D.  Not in FSX-SE. 

In your Steam FSX folder look in SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK\ .  You should see SimConnect.msi in that folder. FSX-SE uses a custom version of simconnect.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Then I doubt your problem is simconnect.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well, I'm open to other possibilities, if you have any ideas.

[Edit] If it helps, some of the stuff I'm trying to run is also returning peculiar errors; some forums recommended getting my VC++ redists again, which I have.
Not sure if it was a good idea, but I decided to just grab all the ones I could find, as listed here.

Edited by 1230james

The list of redistributables looks the same as the image in the AVSIM CTD Guide.  The redistributables are used by developers to properly install a product.  Microsoft.net's are the ones needed to make the application run properly.  The AVSIM CTD Guide has a repair tool for fixing Microsoft.net issues and to find out if you have the proper ones installed.  The error - oxc0150004 indicates a dll is missing or corrupt - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d66caf58-6381-40ef-bbcb-22e8e5e02ac3/error-code-0xc0150004?forum=winservergen.  I would assume that's the simconnect assembly.

After you installed all of the simconnects as I described above, did you reinstall the application?

Submit News to AVSIM

I'll check out the CTD guide for the .NET repair tool and that TechNet post and give them a go. Will report back with results.

1. It appears that I already have all the .NET Frameworks installed. (Otherwise, the registry has some ghost values)
  2. The System Update Readiness Tool doesn't want to install. (I'm running Windows 10, fyi)
  3. DISM returned nothing suspicious.
  4. SFC did return something strange, though. I can post the log if need be - it's quite lengthy, though.

13 hours ago, Jim Young said:

After you installed all of the simconnects as I described above, did you reinstall the application?

Seeing that FSXWX isn't something you really install (or their client, at least), didn't think it was necessary, so no, I didn't.

I would run the Windows Repair tool as suggested by the AVSIM CTD Guide - http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html.  It is freeware and I have used it several times in Windows 10 if I had issues.  It does not change any of your installed programs.  It just repairs Windows and things related in the Windows folders.  Better than reinstalling Windows.  It does a restore point before doing the repairs.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Something is wrong with this system... Install Win10, install updates, ensure all is working including networking, install P3D, run P3D ensure it's working, install four x86 simconnect .MSIs (simconnect is a network protocol), now install x86 simconnect reliant addon and it's not seeing simconnect means the system is at fault or somehow incorrectly configured. These versions of simconnect are automatically found by apps dependent on them by the MSI configuration to the SxS system. Other apps might use the .NET SImConnect and package the module with their app as it's not an installed module.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

49 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I would run the Windows Repair tool as suggested by the AVSIM CTD Guide - http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html.  It is freeware and I have used it several times in Windows 10 if I had issues.  It does not change any of your installed programs.  It just repairs Windows and things related in the Windows folders.  Better than reinstalling Windows.  It does a restore point before doing the repairs.

Best regards,

Jim

Ran it, let it do its thing, and rebooted when it asked me to. Now what?

25 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Something is wrong with this system... Install Win10, install updates, ensure all is working including networking, install P3D, run P3D ensure it's working, install four x86 simconnect .MSIs (simconnect is a network protocol), now install x86 simconnect reliant addon and it's not seeing simconnect means the system is at fault or somehow incorrectly configured. These versions of simconnect are automatically found by apps dependent on them by the MSI configuration to the SxS system. Other apps might use the .NET SImConnect and package the module with their app as it's not an installed module.

Manually checking for updates as we speak. Taking quite a while...

1 minute ago, 1230james said:

Ran it, let it do its thing, and rebooted when it asked me to. Now what?

Run the System File Checker again and see if the error(s) have been repaired.

Submit News to AVSIM

10 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Run the System File Checker again and see if the error(s) have been repaired.

Double post; mainly for reply ping

Made no difference.