Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

MCE XPlane11 procedure

I have been an ardent supporter of MCE with FSX for a number of years and have recently moved across to X-Plane11. however I just can't  seem to get MCE working correctly.  

With XPlane, what is the correct process for starting MCE?  There is a menu item Start MCE under the Plugin menu, but MCE tells me to start MCE using the desktop icon? However I  get the opening screen saying "Trying to connect..... ", but it never seems to connect. I did manage to get it running once, by chance I think, but the dialogue box disappeared and it didn't  seem to connect with RC4.

I am using XPlane11 in Multi-screen mode over 3 screens, which appears to only use full screen mode and does not give a Windowed option.  Does MCE not work in this mode with XPlane,  and will only work in Windowed mode. 

I could revert back to NVidia Surround over the 3 screens in Windowed mode,  but this cause visible distortion on the outer screens. 

Any advice would be most helpful. 

Stuart 

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

27 minutes ago, STUART_H said:

I have been an ardent supporter of MCE with FSX for a number of years and have recently moved across to X-Plane11. however I just can't  seem to get MCE working correctly.  

With XPlane, what is the correct process for starting MCE?  There is a menu item Start MCE under the Plugin menu, but MCE tells me to start MCE using the desktop icon? However I  get the opening screen saying "Trying to connect..... ", but it never seems to connect. I did manage to get it running once, by chance I think, but the dialogue box disappeared and it didn't  seem to connect with RC4.

I am using XPlane11 in Multi-screen mode over 3 screens, which appears to only use full screen mode and does not give a Windowed option.  Does MCE not work in this mode with XPlane,  and will only work in Windowed mode. 

I could revert back to NVidia Surround over the 3 screens in Windowed mode,  but this cause visible distortion on the outer screens. 

Any advice would be most helpful. 

Stuart 

To ensure MCE connects to X-Plane...

1 - Install MCE for X-Plane product to default C;\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew X-Plane\ folder.

2 - Set "X-Plane.exe" to run as administrator.

You can start MCE either using the desktop icon or the X-Plane built-in menu.

Not sure what version you're on.

Suggest you download the latest uploaded about a week ago. there are slight improvements in various areas.

Download Multi Crew Experience for X-Plane here

If unsure in which state MCE is, speak command "windowed mode" and X-Plane should go come out of full screen.

Then say "full screen mode" to get X-Plane back full screen.

It seems problem may have been to do with the x-plane11 multi screen mode,  which doesn't  allow one to switch into windowed mode.  I have gone back to using NVidia Surround in windowed mode and MCE seems to load OK. However,  if I  try and start MCE using the x-plane menu option,  it says that I  must start it using the desktop icon.  MCE version is 1.3.3.5, which appears to be the latest.

Cheers, 

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guys,  I'm still having trouble with MCE for X-Plane11. 

These are the issues that I'm experiencing:

1. When I  use the assigned joystick talk button to speak to RC4, I  get no response from RC4 at all, even though MCE recognised that RC4 is active. Also when releasing the button the X-Plane dialogue to file a flight plan appears. It seems there is a key/button conflict,  but I  just can't  find where to look within X-Plane. Any ideas or help? 

2. Because of the above I try and hand over comms to the MCE FO,  he replies "OK Go it" or "OK I'll  handle the radios... ", but he does nothing,  no matter the RC4  status. Any thoughts?

On another question,  are flows and scripts for the co-pilot still held in the same place under Documents/Multi Crew Experience/My Scripts/Copilot/Aircraft and should the folder bear the same name as the Aircraft folder in X-Plane11?

I'm  using the latest MCE  version 1.3.3.5.

Is it worth me trying MCE XP with PF3 yet and if so are the latest developments that have been going on with the FSX-PF3 of MCE been applied yet to the latest MCE XP version? 

Apologies for all the questions,  but I  would really like to get MCE  and RC4, or PF3 working with X-Plane11.

Thanks, 

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

47 minutes ago, STUART_H said:

Guys,  I'm still having trouble with MCE for X-Plane11. 

These are the issues that I'm experiencing:

1. When I  use the assigned joystick talk button to speak to RC4, I  get no response from RC4 at all, even though MCE recognised that RC4 is active. Also when releasing the button the X-Plane dialogue to file a flight plan appears. It seems there is a key/button conflict,  but I  just can't  find where to look within X-Plane. Any ideas or help? 

2. Because of the above I try and hand over comms to the MCE FO,  he replies "OK Go it" or "OK I'll  handle the radios... ", but he does nothing,  no matter the RC4  status. Any thoughts?

On another question,  are flows and scripts for the co-pilot still held in the same place under Documents/Multi Crew Experience/My Scripts/Copilot/Aircraft and should the folder bear the same name as the Aircraft folder in X-Plane11?

I'm  using the latest MCE  version 1.3.3.5.

Is it worth me trying MCE XP with PF3 yet and if so are the latest developments that have been going on with the FSX-PF3 of MCE been applied yet to the latest MCE XP version? 

Apologies for all the questions,  but I  would really like to get MCE  and RC4, or PF3 working with X-Plane11.

Thanks, 

Stuart

Point 1 suggests MCE has not been switched to RC4 mode. It is attempting to trigger the built-in ATC, using ENTER key

Go to <ATC> tab and see whether it's displaying "Using Radar Contact ATC".

If the RC4toXPlane tool didn't detect RC4 installation automatically, and you have to tell it to ignore the registry, you need to do the same with "xpmce.ini"

Affirmative, flows all go to same location in \My Documents\ folder.

We don't ship pre-made flows for all aircraft. Certainly not the default ones.

Which aircraft are we talking about?

Gerald, 

Re your comment: "Affirmative, flows all go to same location in \My Documents\ folder."

In X-Plane I still don't seem to be able to get the mce FO to perform the flows that are in \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience folder. I only have the one which contains both FSX and X-Plane aircraft,  whereas there are two separate folders for the checklists.

Should there be a separate flows folder for MCE-XP?  

What folder name should the individual aircraft flows be under? The same as the aircraft folder in X-Plane 11 or is the name taken from for instance the acf or airfoil filename? 

Thanks, 

Stuart 

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

26 minutes ago, STUART_H said:

Gerald, 

Re your comment: "Affirmative, flows all go to same location in \My Documents\ folder."

In X-Plane I still don't seem to be able to get the mce FO to perform the flows that are in \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience folder. I only have the one which contains both FSX and X-Plane aircraft,  whereas there are two separate folders for the checklists.

Should there be a separate flows folder for MCE-XP?  

What folder name should the individual aircraft flows be under? The same as the aircraft folder in X-Plane 11 or is the name taken from for instance the acf or airfoil filename? 

Thanks, 

Stuart 

The folder name bears the "whatever_aircraft_acf_file_is_named".acf file name.

For instance, for FlightFactor 757, you'd find them under

\My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\757PW-200\

And

\My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\757RR-200\

They are expected to show up in the Voxscript panel, provided MCE has properly identified the supported aircraft.

We don't ship any pre-made flows for default aircraft.

Those folders are created by the wizard.

Please run the wizard "xpwiz.exe" found in \Multi Crew X-Plane\ installation folder, not the one in \Multi Crew Experience\ folder, since you have both products installed.

If the wizard cannot create those folders,, it's very likely because of some sort of folder permissions issues on your system.

Eventually, go to \Multi Crew X-Plane\Support\Files\VoiceScripts\Copilot\Aircraft\ folder.

You'll find the original flows that can be used as backup when the personal ones (in My documents folder) are messed-up.

It's those folders that the wizard initially copies to \My documents\...\ folder.

You could do that manually.

Which complex aircraft are you using under X-Plane?

Gerald, 

I have been flying the FJS Q400, which I  recall worked, and the Carenado 1900D. 

For the 1900D I have copied across the flows from the FSX version to another folder.  Hence my queries re naming convention for the folder.  The .acf file is called 'CAR_1900D.acf ' so I  named the flows folder 'CAR_1900D'.  However none of the scripts are recognised by the FO.  In the MCE menu bar it says something like CoPilot listening to "1900D N2375NS" or something like that,  but I  can't  find any reference to that within the aircraft folder in X-Plane. 

Any ideas where I  might be going wrong.?

Thanks for your support, 

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Further to my above posts. I have been doing some further testing this afternoon. 

I do have the various folders for the supported aircraft e.g.

Does MCEXP only recognise flows for the aircraft that it supports?  I created a folder "My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\Car_B1900D , the name of the.acf file,  and copied in scripts from my FSX version of the 1900D.  However MCE does not appear to recognise them and they do not appear when clicking VoxScript. 

Cheers, 

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

20 minutes ago, STUART_H said:

Further to my above posts. I have been doing some further testing this afternoon. 

I do have the various folders for the supported aircraft e.g.

Does MCEXP only recognise flows for the aircraft that it supports?  I created a folder "My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\Car_B1900D , the name of the.acf file,  and copied in scripts from my FSX version of the 1900D.  However MCE does not appear to recognise them and they do not appear when clicking VoxScript. 

Cheers, 

Stuart

It's possible. Will have to get back to you on that.

FJS Q400 fully supported. Should see those flows when aircraft is loaded. Let us know otherwise.

Beech 100D isn't fully supported. MCE would treat is as generic turboprop.

Try moving the flows to the <All> aircraft folder.

Thanks Gerald, 

I'll try the <All> Aircraft suggestion tomorrow.  Let me know in due course if MCE-XP will currently only use script folders for supported aircraft. If so is this a bug that will be corrected so that we may develop scripts for other aircraft to? 

Thanks again for your support. 

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Gerald, 

Just to let you know. 

Moving the scripts into the All aircraft folder didn't  work either.  None of them show up in the VoxScript when the aircraft and MCE is loaded. Guess I'll  just have to stick with checklists for the time being. 

I just noticed you mentioned for MCE-XP to correctly connect with X-Plane I should install it with the default C:\Program file (x86) directory.  What is the advantage of this,  as I  currently have it installed on a separate drive where I  also previously installed the FSX version? 

Cheers, 

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

23 minutes ago, STUART_H said:

Gerald, 

Just to let you know. 

Moving the scripts into the All aircraft folder didn't  work either.  None of them show up in the VoxScript when the aircraft and MCE is loaded. Guess I'll  just have to stick with checklists for the time being. 

I just noticed you mentioned for MCE-XP to correctly connect with X-Plane I should install it with the default C:\Program file (x86) directory.  What is the advantage of this,  as I  currently have it installed on a separate drive where I  also previously installed the FSX version? 

Cheers, 

Stuart

You won't see flows in <All> folder unless you de-select option "show flows for current aircraft only".

When Windows UAC is enabled, and we don't recommend disabling it, you MUST

1 - Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x8^0\... folder

2 - Set "X-Plane.exe" to run as administrator.

Otherwise, Windows might prevent MCE communicating with the simulator smoothly.

Thanks, 

I'll  try in installing MCE and reinstalling in the default directory. 

Also I'll  unchecked the "show flows for current aircraft". Hadn't  noticed that before. 

Thanks, 

Stiart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373