Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Enlist in the USAF Air National Guard

I thought I post this early to give people chance to hone their jet fighter skills (Well, mine anyway)

The theme for next Saturday, 9th Sept is U.S.A.F. fighters circa 50s-70s. Namely, F86, F100 F-4 Phantoms and the like.

We'll set off from March AFB in SoCal (Where it never rains) finishing at Klamath Falls, calling at several U.S. A.F National Guard bases along the way. It's a 700ish mile trip so we can make good use of POWAH!

Hopefully, the weather will be a little more clement than New Zealand's offerings.

Sunset at Klamath Falls is 7:25:43 pm and the Officers Mess stops server dinner at 8pm but the bar will remain open!

Now PlanG tells me that it's an approximately 3 hour flight @ 240kts. I suspect our average will be higher than that. So the kick-off time...Your guess is as good as mine. :)

PLAN

Scenery Orbx SoCal and NorCal. I don't think there are any payware airports en route but doubtless someone will put me right.

Excuse me while I go copy the joining up stuff.

*Paste*

Date and time: Saturday Sep 9 2017, 1700 UTC 

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer: JoinFS

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here)

Thank you Jeff. :biggrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hi, I'm back!

The link for the F-4 alias on FlyAway's site doesn't download the file, just the index page. Is there another source for that plane?

Looking forward to flying Jet fighters on Saturday!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Hi, I'm back!

The link for the F-4 alias on FlyAway's site doesn't download the file, just the index page. Is there another source for that plane?

Looking forward to flying Jet fighters on Saturday!

Edit: disregard, I opened a ticket there.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

He's back! Now we'll have someone to show us how to fly a jet fighter! :biggrin:

As the old Flight Sim saying goes 'The download works OK for me' (It just takes six hours is all!)

Hey Bert! Watch this for some first klasse tips on the F104.

It's all in German but fascinating none-the-less.

Sorry Gunter, it's the Luftwaffe...

I love these old movies, we had to watch many of those, covering many different aspects of the military live. At those days we didn't like them too much...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Roman. It was getting cramped over there. I haven't actually tried it (Phantom alias) in v4 but it was very uncomplicated it drop into it. I'll go and have a look .BRB

Back. Er...No it doesn't work. All I can see is the beacon flashing hear the engines. Shame, I thought it would at least let me see a Phantom. Oh well.

2 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Shame, I thought it would at least let me see a Phantom. Oh well.

Should not be too much of a problem Ron,  You can allias me over to the DC-6 or the 737NGX:smile:

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

A fast trip up the West Coast from March AFB to the Oregon ANG center at Portland KPDX in Cold War jets. Ron in the F-100 Super Sabre, Gunter in the F-104 Starfighter, Mike in the F-8 Crusader, and Jeff and Nick in F-4E Phantoms. Josh carried the essential refreshments in the Royal Duke Turbine.

7sYB3mD.jpg
Ron, Mike and Gunter at Moffet Field with Hanger One in the background. It is rumored that several of the pilots may have taken the opportunity to inspect the dirigible-sized interior of the hangar.

YCrLyGR.jpg
Nick and Jeff in the two Phantoms taking the active.

Aac2TLX.jpg
The older pair, the F-8 and F-100, about to depart from Beale AFB.

There seem to have been a few citizen complaints about the amount of noise in some urban areas, especially under a few bridges. Probably nothing to worry about.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Terrific! 'Some super shots there'.© Emmsie. On the subject of jets, I got the L39 to work beautifully in v4.

Back to thread. A very nice flight. Those aircraft deserve another airing in the not too distant future. 

19 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Those aircraft deserve another airing in the not too distant future. 

I have a route ready for such a flight, just checking for improved airports....

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider