Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Feedback on Flysimware's C402?

The sale price of $15 is great since I will have to buy an addon GPS unit like the GTN, the Lear is also on sale. But I would like feedback for the Flysimware C402. Not having the best textured cockpit is okay but how are system depth and sounds? Any other positives/negatives before I purchase? Thank you.

No the best textures in the VC for sure but I really like the modelling and flight character. Haven't gone too far in system depth with it but everything seems to work as it should. Certainly a step up in function from a Carenado aircraft as an example. For the price its a winner.

Both aircraft, the C402 and the Learjet from Flysimware are great! The systems as well as the flight dynamics guarantee for a very realistic flight experience. You can't go wrong with either of them.

Felix

Advertising in the Forums is not allowed.  Topics that are considered advertising will be moved to the Bargain Hunter's Shack and that is where I am sending this topic.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

FlySimWare stuff is generally a cut above the average add-on in terms of system simulation and that's as true for their Cessna C402 as it is for their other aircraft. The texturing on FlySimWare models is usually not quite so good as you find other add-ons, but since texturing can be easily fixed by the addition of a repaint, and is easy enough that most people can do so themselves, it's a minor issue and not an unsolvable one at that. Of course it is really systems simulation and fidelity to the real thing in terms of how it flies which are the important thing, and in those respects FlySimWare models are indeed generally excellent, far better than other models which might admittedly look a bit prettier, such as Carenado and Alabeo offerings, but which are not as faithful a reproduction of how the real thing actually flies. So for the money, FlySimWare add-ons are excellent value and especially good value if you can get them in a sale, thus I would certainly recommend their Cessna 402.

Since the sale is across the entire range of FlySimWare products, you might also consider their Cessna C441 Conquest II, given that it is a pressurised turboprop, thus faster and with a higher service ceiling, so it's a bit more useful if you want to make a longer-ranged trip; blessed with a range of around 2,500 miles, the C441 has almost double the legs of the C402. But, for the price they all are at the moment, you could always spring for both of 'em lol.

Typically, the C441 has a nicer set of avionics on board too, because as you may know, the Cessna C402 was developed as a lower cost alternative to the Cessna C411 (not to be confused with the C441), but unlike the Cessna C421 Golden Eagle, which was a pressurised version of the C411, the cheaper C402 was not pressurised. Later versions of the C421 were available with Turboprop engines which made them a bit niftier, but it's really the C441 which is the desireable aircraft of Cessna's range built around that period, and of the three you can get (Flight 1, Alabeo and FlySimWare), the FlySimWare one is hands-down the best of the bunch even if the Alabeo one does look prettier.

Anyway, the upshot of all this is, generally speaking, you pretty much can't go wrong with FlySimWare stuff. As noted, it isn't always the best looking of the bunch in terms of texturing, but it generally has it right with things which actually matter more, that is to say flight modeling and systems modeling.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I agree with that.

The VC texturing lets Flysimware stuff down and it is a shame that they can't improve on that aspect as the systems and "flyability" are great.

The grey and grainy instruments can be a litle difficult to read unless zoomed up.

Cheers

Steve Hall

4 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

The sale price of $15 is great

Where are you seeing it for $15?

Prices are varying a bit depending on which store link you click on from FSW's site, but they all seem to be reduced to around the 17-18 Dollar mark when I look at them. Still pretty inexpensive, but none come out at 15 Dollars from what I can see. It could be adding some VAT though, since I am in the UK.

Since I paid about 25 quid for most FSW things I've bought, that is still quite cheap. Keep in mind too that you could buy it from Just Flight and that'd give you some store credit reward points with them (in this case 100 points, which is equivalent to $1.50), so that'd effectively take the price down a little bit further, providing you were ever going to buy from Just Flight again, which is no bad thing as they keep your downloads active indefinitely and get patches up very quick too.

Alan Bradbury

Hello all,

I am seeing the Cessna402 at USD 29.99 and the Cessna 441 at USD34.99.

How does one access the "sale" and how long will the "sale" last?

Regards

Tony

Edited by himmelhorse
missing bit

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

On 9/4/2017 at 1:30 AM, himmelhorse said:

Hello all,

I am seeing the Cessna402 a USD 29.99 and the Cessna 441at USD34.99.

How does one access the "sale"

Regards

Tony

Click on the buy links from the FSW site and that'll take you to the stores, and they are all discounted when you get there.

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

simmarket has their fleet on sale.

I did not mean for this to be advertising I thought the p3d community the best to say the positives and negatives.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Also on sale at PC Aviator at 40% off but on top of this PC Aviator are also offering an additional 10% off the purchase price of everything purchased from their site today in their Labour Day sale.

Bill

12 hours ago, scianoir said:

Also on sale at PC Aviator at 40% off but on top of this PC Aviator are also offering an additional 10% off the purchase price of everything purchased from their site today in their Labour Day sale.

Bill

Got the Learjet thanks brought the price to in my budget.

Just be careful of PC Aviator. I have bought a ton of stuff from them before, but find that they are either the slowest with product updates, don't update at all or don't notify about updates (and take very long to answer support requests). The Australian PCAviator site is even worse, they dropped several products for which there are now P3D4 updates, but unavailable from their website. I have to resort to begging the developers directly, which is not always successful.

• Upvote 1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

56 minutes ago, rooitou said:

Just be careful of PC Aviator. I have bought a ton of stuff from them before, but find that they are either the slowest with product updates, don't update at all or don't notify about updates (and take very long to answer support requests). The Australian PCAviator site is even worse, they dropped several products for which there are now P3D4 updates, but unavailable from their website. I have to resort to begging the developers directly, which is not always successful.

I can attest to this, don't be fooled by slightly lower prices. Download speeds at pcaviator are slow and often the downloads fail so you have to use a download manager. I've had to mail them several times to get some products updated. They are helpful though but it's not worth the bother, I'd rather spend a few euros more at another vendor that I can trust to get fast and up-to-date downloads from without having to remind them about it every time. I buy most stuff from justflight.com, great download speeds, fast to update products plus a bonus reward program. So don't always go for cheapest.

• Upvote 1