Sign in to follow this  
tgycgijoes

September 1, 2017 Update

I got this fantastic aircraft in August downloaded direct from Flysimware.  I started a thread over at Sim Outhouse with my Flower Power texture which prompted a couple of guys to pick it up.  I just downloaded the latest update from FSW; uninstalled my old install and installed the complete new install as suggested.  First when I tweaked my aircraft.cfg with my own textures and eliminated those I don't want to fly I saved it and opened up FSX.  Ooops NO FSW Cessna 402C.  What happened?  I went back into FSX in Windows Explorer to discover that model MAIN does not exist anymore.  The model now if you do not have F1 Radar is RDR_GNS.  Ok.  I corrected the cfg and the panel is now RDR_GNS.  OK no problem.  Fire up FSX...go to the airport parking...start the engines...what is that beeping?  Can't shut it off! I don't remember that before.  Tried every switch on the panel and can't shut it off.  Exit FSX.  I saved all my textures, panel folder (since I added a WX radar of mine) and the aircraft.cfg just in case I had a problem.  Learned THIS the hard way in my years of flight simming.  Opened up the aircraft.cfg and changed the panel to "panel=".  Since I have my old panel folder in the FSX folder, I fired up FSX again...find Cessna 402C Flower Power texture (my own creation) and park at Nantucket.  NO BEEPING!!!  I didn't think there was any before.  Anybody any clues?  I will wait to hear and hope this is still read by one of the designers.

3 hours ago, tgycgijoes said:

I went back into FSX in Windows Explorer to discover that model MAIN does not exist anymore.  The model now if you do not have F1 Radar is RDR_GNS.  Ok.  I corrected the cfg and the panel is now RDR_GNS.  OK no problem.  Fire up FSX...go to the airport parking...start the engines...what is that beeping?  Can't shut it off! I don't remember that before. 

I have loaded the latest C402 into FSX and do not have the beeping sound. Note the two model files are model.GNS (not RDR.GNS which is the panel file) and model.GTN.  So for the a/c with the GNS GPS, I have the following entries in the aircraft.cfg for each texture:

model=GNS
panel=RDR_GNS

and for the aircraft with the GTN750 the entries are:

model=GTN
panel=RDR_GTN

Regards,

Al

5 hours ago, tgycgijoes said:

I saved all my textures, panel folder (since I added a WX radar of mine) and the aircraft.cfg just in case I had a problem. 

Try un installing then make sure the aircraft folder is deleted. Now install a fresh copy then test from there. Now since we changed some of the model folder names and panel names you need to add your info into our new config files and not use your old ones. That is your issue in my mind. Please get back to us and thanks for adding this topic as i suggested so other can also avoid these issues.

thank you for the replies on a holiday weekend.  I just got to here today.  I will check out my install and also uninstall; save my textures and then re-install.