Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

AI Shipping traffic

If I wanted to use AI shipping in sim, would I be able to run the indexer prior to installing the AI shipping package, then manually rename/disable any aircraft traffic BGLs, install AI ships and run the sim with traffic set to 50%, but have VoxATC generate all the air traffic?  Seems like it would work, but just wanted to check!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Why do you think that the Indexer processes boat traffic BGL files? That class of traffic files has boat types, boat terminals rather than airports and specific route types like FERRY and CRUISE. I always assumed that the Indexer ignores boat traffic files. Did you have a problem  with boat traffic previously  when using VOXATC?

Thanks for the reply, Jay.

I haven't tried the AI Shipping in P3Dv4 yet (these packages), but was checking to see what would be required for VoxATC compatibility.  I guess my assumption that it would read these traffic bgls may be incorrect.  I'll give it a shot and see what happens...

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I dunno either. I have the big freeware ship package installed and it doesn't seem to bother VOXATC. The sim manages boat traffic via the UI setting which I leave at 10%.

• Upvote 1