Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

KPNS Pensacola

When will Pensacola Regional be released for Prepar3dV4?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

While waiting for the developer to answer, there is no reason you can't use the scenery in P3DV4 now (just like many other scenery products).  I've used it several times flawlessly.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

The new installer with SODE and P3D v4 compatibility was released a few days ago actually!

I think most of the distributors have it available now.

Kind regards,

Shaun

On 9/3/2017 at 8:57 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

While waiting for the developer to answer, there is no reason you can't use the scenery in P3DV4 now (just like many other scenery products).  I've used it several times flawlessly.

Best wishes.

I am a little late but thanks Dave. :ha:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

On 9/4/2017 at 5:53 PM, Shaun Slade said:

The new installer with SODE and P3D v4 compatibility was released a few days ago actually!

I think most of the distributors have it available now.

Kind regards,

Shaun

Thanks Shaun.

Sam

Looks well done!

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I just picked this one up and have a question.  SODE gates work, however GSX says no gates detected.  If I add the gates via gsx menu then I have two sets of gates.  Is there away to disable the default gates?  Thanks. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. GSX is finickyregarding the gate name labels, they have to be the same as those in the airport.bgl, but sometimes it doesn't seem to work. I'm working on the P3Dv5 installer, I'll see if I can fix this while at it.

Additionally, could anyone check with only the default airport at PNS how the performance is. I have quite bad frame rates around that area, it goes from stable 45 fps at my CRP and on approach to PNS it maintains 45fps mostly but every couple of seconds or so drops to mid 20's for half a second, and then goes back up, and results in  a lot of stuttering. Reloading with just the default airport showed the same issues around that area.

Edited by Shaun Slade

2 hours ago, Shaun Slade said:

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. GSX is finickyregarding the gate name labels, they have to be the same as those in the airport.bgl, but sometimes it doesn't seem to work. I'm working on the P3Dv5 installer, I'll see if I can fix this while at it.

Additionally, could anyone check with only the default airport at PNS how the performance is. I have quite bad frame rates around that area, it goes from stable 45 fps at my CRP and on approach to PNS it maintains 45fps mostly but every couple of seconds or so drops to mid 20's for half a second, and then goes back up, and results in  a lot of stuttering. Reloading with just the default airport showed the same issues around that area.

Hi Shaun....KPNS is my home airport. I have never had a problem with stutters in this area. I can tell you that when taking off to the South there has been one of those spots where you could get a slight hesitation just after lift off. I have seen several posts by Bert Pike and others about several of these areas and I don't think anyone has been able to nail down the cause. One thing that may cause some drop in FPS is that there is a lot of water in the area including the Gulf, lakes and streams. Since moving over to version 5, I have not noticed that hesitation but I will have a closer look this afternoon. Since you are working on this airport is there any chance of leaving out the static aircraft in one of the hangers in the GA Ramp so that we have room to shelter a single or twin engine aircraft. Would be a nice addition. Looking forward to you updater to V5 and thanks for the nice add ons you guys build.

Edited by shivers9
  • Like 1

Sam