Sign in to follow this  
raybaudi

Upgraded to FSX Does RC4.2 CD Version work?

Hello,

I think it's time to put FS9 to rest in an honorable place. It will be missed. You were a splendid friend.

I'm setting up FSX for the first time ever and I own a CD Version of RC4.2. However, I have recently installed RC4.3 for FS9 (maybe two months ago). I'm wondering what should be the right procedure, given you have to ask for a key via email:

-Uninstall RC4.3 for FS9

-Reinstall RC4.3 for FSX?

-Ask for a new cd Key?

I'm afraid they will accuse of pirating keys since I just asked for a key some weeks ago and given I wasn't answered in due time, I insisted with two more emails (24Hr and 48Hr). Eventually, they sent me one or two additional keys, I honestly can't remember since I was already playing. 

I legitimately state that I will use only one cd key for FSX since I will be uninstalling FS9 soon once FSX is properly running.

Thank you and Best Regards,

If v4.3 is already installed it shouldn't need reinstalling. Just install FSX and point RC to the new path.

Make sure you get the latest versions of FSUIPC and MakeRnwys. It should just work.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

"upgrade"..

but yeah, except fsuipc and mkrnws you should be very fine. Rc is stipp great :)

Victor Roos

HI, thank you for answering my question. However, I'm afraid I'll have to reinstall. Let me explain you why:

Two partitions:

C: with Windows 10

I: with Windows 7

I installed everything for FS9 under WIndows 7+partition I

Now I had to install FSX under Windows 10 under partition C (FSX wouldn't install no matter what on Win7. Errors popped up during installation)

Although I could point RC4 to the new C: FSX folder, Win10 doesn't have it registered, so I can't actually run the program.

Could you offer me a solution for this?

Thank you

RC4 doesn't require registry entries in order to run. It just needs relevant DLLs to be registered and the process for that is described in a pinned topic at the top of the forum.

Post any messages that appear. The process is reasonably straight-forward and pointing RC4 to the location of FSX.EXE is usually sufficient.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi, Ray. Thank you for your message.

How could I open RC when I'm running Win10/FSX if the program is installed on Win7? I mean, it won't even show at the Program Menu or anything.

I could perhaps move some DLLs and register them but still the main program wouldn't be accesible to run from Win10, right?

I'm certainly no computer geek so your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, raybaudi said:

Hi, Ray. Thank you for your message.

How could I open RC when I'm running Win10/FSX if the program is installed on Win7? I mean, it won't even show at the Program Menu or anything.

I could perhaps move some DLLs and register them but still the main program wouldn't be accesible to run from Win10, right?

I'm certainly no computer geek so your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Ray, my mistake, sorry. Do you need two OSs installed? That is making things so complicated. If I were you I'd wipe the hard drive and stick to 10. Install FSX and your add-ons.

Then install RC4 and if it requires a new key then Doug will give you one. Just explain why you're asking so soon after the last one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you, Ray.

Before formatting everything (since I got a lot of add-ons) installed, I'll retry to install FSX on Win7. I haven't been able to do so because of the Error 1722 thing. I already ran the Microsoft fix to no avail. 

I originally installed two OS on two different partitions since FS2004 wouldn't give me the chance to play Multiplayer on Win10. Something related to DirectX files 

Ray,

Switching to a new flight sim is usually a good time to take stock of your system. Why don't you keep 7 and ditch the partition with 10 on it?

7 is supported for another 3 years so no worries there. Now before you install FSX why not consider P3D v3.4? It is far better than FSX and with the right graphics card will give you better performance. All depends on your hardware of course.

Fixing the DLL issue is tiny. We can sort that once you're clear on what path you want to take. Partitioned HDs are usually slower than unpartitioned ones.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather