Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Can I Sim offline?

Still not internet connection at my house - can I use XP11 or does it need Internet during startup to verify the key?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Still not internet connection at my house - can I use XP11 or does it need Internet during startup to verify the key?

Why don't you try it and see???????????

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

My office isn't even setup yet - was just wondering - I may not setup the pc until we get internet anyway if I can't use my sims

(just moved)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I guess only the DVD version can be used offline. My digital download edition needs to verify the s/n online from time to time.

However, if you have a WLAN adapter for your PC and a smartphone, you could set up a mobile hotspot for the s/n check, wich just takes some seconds.

It works, but it's a question of luck. It tries to activate once every few days, so if you happen to fire it up when you don't have a connection and it wants to activate, you're out of luck

why not activate using mobile internet that's if you have ? just activate it and then disconnect and you can keep using it till your internet has been setup.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I hate this sort of DRM.... And my preferred flightsims - DCS, IL2 Battle of... and even in some way X-Plane use it... No Internet no joy ....

I hate Internet! :angry:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

13 hours ago, jcomm said:

I hate this sort of DRM.... And my preferred flightsims - DCS, IL2 Battle of... and even in some way X-Plane use it... No Internet no joy ....

I hate Internet! :angry:

Don't hate internet, hate piracy instead!

All this sort of controls, online security checks, triple security checks, etc. it all comes from piracy legado and going worst... :mellow:

• Upvote 2

Manuel Merelles

There was a time when I might have joined in the ranting, but too much of what I do now requires an on-demand Internet connection.

I can't fly in FSEconomy without it, and I like flying with real weather injection (modified to taste). So a few infrequent DRM checks here and there are almost irrelevant. The days of treating a flight sim like an isolated black box are over, for me.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

12 hours ago, mmerelles said:

Don't hate internet, hate piracy instead!

All this sort of controls, online security checks, triple security checks, etc. it all comes from piracy legado and going worst... :mellow:

Well said. If so many people weren't thieves, stealing software the sale of which feeds people (and many of them don't make a very high paycheck...) there'd be no need for repeated license verification.

Be happy you can download the software at all, and it's not all online. That's the going trend, and MMOs are largely there already. All the business logic is performed on a server, and only paying customers have access to it.
In flightsim scenarios, you'd send your control inputs and button/switch actions to a remote server, which then sends back the response of the aircraft and its instruments. No internet connection and no paid subscription to the service, no flight sim.

Expect that to be the future if people don't stop stealing software and then calling the creators of that software evil and greedy for not making it all for free and living in a homeless shelter because they couldn't pay the rent on their apartment or their supermarket bills.

• Upvote 1

sigfile_dva.png