Sign in to follow this  
Raller

Starting with Flaps ends with crash on the Runway

So after tonight I can say a few things:

• Inertia fix does help for low speed taxi, at least in my case. Less power needed to move and the rudder inputs feel more accurate. No "taxiing on ice" impression.
  • Changing the rudder effectiveness to 0.2 was a bit low for me but 0.5 has delivered promising results. 

After some VATSIM flights through windy Atlanta and Charlotte, both the takeoff and landing were much better, way less sliding and inputs felt more controllable. 

41 minutes ago, J35OE said:

So if the plane behaves already correct, doesn't FSUIPC ruin the FDE?

I would have to agree with this, however in the case of the Alabeo M20R, it's helped. Other aircraft I fly (most notably A2A's) have a more believable ground FDE and don't work well with the fix.

Overall, I can say with the aforementioned tweaks, I am more convinced by the ground dynamics than before, but it does depend on sim settings, FSUIPC, controller, etc. YMMV.

13 minutes ago, austindk said:

No "taxiing on ice" impression.

Now THAT sounds nice!

I added the "Anti-skid" off\on mode to my joystick. It helped a lot and will use this on my other fs aircraft as well.

Thanks

no

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M