Sign in to follow this  
DavidP

GNS and Emuteq Hardware

David,

Thanks a lot for the information. I have been doing quite a lot of searching before I found your post.  I had the RXP GNS530 v1 with the Emuteq GNS 530 and it worked fine.

I am going to switch to P3Dv4(1) and the RXP GNS530 v2 in the coming months so I wanted to get the FSUIPC/GNSini instructions for Win10/64 and the RXP GNS 530v2 and there you are!!!

One more question. What do you mean by your remark: 1) Replace the 530_xxx entries with (NOT the 530_2 entries!): the entries you posted are for 530_2 aren't they?

Thanks a lot,

Hans

Hi Hans

The 530_1 just identifies the key map to No 1 GNS unit in your panel.cfg. I guess if you specify the _2 in panel.cfg you can map to No.2.

Hope it works for you - patiently waiting for the GTN now!

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

I am using FSX and I updated GNS530 v2 to version 2.3.4. The keyboard shortcuts which are used with Emuteq hardware do not work any more. I checked the file RealityXP.GNS.ini with shortcut definitions and it seems good to me. I am also not sure where this INI file should be located. In the INI file is a remark that shoud be in "My Documents\Flight Simulator Files".

I copied it into all these folders:

• c:\User\Danilo\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files
  • c:\Program Data\Reality XP\Common\Settings
  • c:\User\Danilo\Documents\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim

Unfortunately with no success.

Just to test I even reinstalled the old GNS530 v1 and everything worked as it should. The appropriate file RXPGNS.INI with shortcuts is located in the folder c:\Program Data\Reality XP\Common\Settings.

Am I doing something wrong or it is just a bug which appeared in a new version?

Thanks,

Danilo

Here is my file RealityXP.GNS.ini with keyboard shortcuts:

Spoiler

;//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
;// Reality XP Keyboard Shortcuts Configuration File - v1.0
;//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
;//
;// [SHORTCUTS]   Keyboard shortcuts section. Shortcuts must be configured in this INI file located at:
;//               "My Documents\Flight Simulator Files"
;//
;// every function support any combination of ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+WIN+KEY with the following valid KEY:
;//
;// F1 to F24, 0 to 9, A to Z, NUMPAD0 to NUMPAD9, BACK, TAB, CLEAR, RETURN, ESCAPE,
;// SPACE, PAGEUP, PAGEDOWN, END, HOME, LEFT, UP, RIGHT, DOWN, SELECT, PRINT, EXECUTE, SNAPSHOT, INSERT, DELETE, HELP,
;// MULTIPLY, ADD, SEPARATOR, SUBTRACT, NUMPADDOT, DIVIDE,
;// BROWSER_BACK, BROWSER_FORWARD, BROWSER_REFRESH, BROWSER_STOP, BROWSER_SEARCH, BROWSER_FAVORITES, BROWSER_HOME,
;// LAUNCH_MAIL, LAUNCH_MEDIA_SELECT, LAUNCH_APP1, LAUNCH_APP2,
;// MEDIA_NEXT_TRACK, MEDIA_PREV_TRACK, MEDIA_STOP, MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE,
;// VOLUME_MUTE, VOLUME_DOWN, VOLUME_UP,
;//
;// Disable a shortcut: leave the line empty after the '=' sign.
;// Define a shortcut : write the key definition after the '=' sign to configure a shortcut.
;//
;// For example, FUNCTION_NAME=CTRL+SHIFT+N controls the function 'FUNCTION_NAME' with 'CTRL+SHIFT+N'
;//

[SHORTCUTS]
TOGGLE_WINDOW_1 = ALT+SHIFT+1
CFLP_1 = WIN+Q
VFLP_1 = WIN+W
CDI_1 =  WIN+F9
OBS_1 =  WIN+V
MSG_1 =  WIN+F13
FPL_1 =  WIN+A
VNAV_1 = WIN+C
PROC_1 = WIN+F2
ENT_1 =  WIN+F14
CLR_1 =  WIN+F5
MNU_1 =  WIN+F4
DTO_1 =  WIN+F3
RDN_1 =  WIN+I
RUP_1 =  WIN+H
PWR_PUSH_1 = WIN+F15
PWR_CCW_1 = WIN+X
PWR_CW_1 = WIN+S
VOL_PUSH_1 = ALT+WIN+A
VOL_CCW_1 =  WIN+Y
VOL_CW_1 =   WIN+Z
COM_PUSH_1 = WIN+N
COM_OUTR_CCW_1 = WIN+J
COM_OUTR_CW_1  = WIN+K
COM_INNR_CCW_1 = WIN+F6
COM_INNR_CW_1  = WIN+F7
GPS_PUSH_1     = WIN+F11
GPS_OUTR_CCW_1 = WIN+O
GPS_OUTR_CW_1  = WIN+F8
GPS_INNR_CCW_1 = WIN+F10
GPS_INNR_CW_1  = WIN+F12
TOGGLE_WINDOW_2 =
CFLP_2 =
VFLP_2 =
CDI_2 =
OBS_2 =
MSG_2 =
FPL_2 =
VNAV_2 =
PROC_2 =
ENT_2 =
CLR_2 =
MNU_2 =
DTO_2 =
RDN_2 =
RUP_2 =
PWR_PUSH_2 =
PWR_CCW_2 =
PWR_CW_2 =
VOL_PUSH_2 =
VOL_CCW_2 =
VOL_CW_2 =
COM_PUSH_2 =
COM_OUTR_CCW_2 =
COM_OUTR_CW_2 =
COM_INNR_CCW_2 =
COM_INNR_CW_2 =
GPS_PUSH_2 =
GPS_OUTR_CCW_2 =
GPS_OUTR_CW_2 =
GPS_INNR_CCW_2 =
GPS_INNR_CW_2 =
RXP_GPS_MASTER_DEVICE_0 =
RXP_GPS_MASTER_DEVICE_1 =
RXP_GPS_MASTER_DEVICE_2 =
RXP_GPS_MASTER_DEVICE_NEXT =

Hi, the correct location described p7 of the User's Manual is:

To change hotkeys, open the "My Documents\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\RealityXP.GNS.ini" file with notepad. 

This might be a bug introduced in the latest version so we'll review this and keep you posted.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

5 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi, the correct location described p7 of the User's Manual is:

To change hotkeys, open the "My Documents\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\RealityXP.GNS.ini" file with notepad. 

This might be a bug introduced in the latest version so we'll review this and keep you posted.

I don't know if this is any help, but I programmed the keystroke for the GNS "ENTER" button as CTRL+ALT+F9 in the RealityXP.GNS.ini file and within FSUIPC (which detects the button press OK). The following is an excerpt from the log file I asked FSUIPC to create:

68562 LogOptions changed, now 40000000 00000001
    70465 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=1, Btn=22, Pressed
    70465 [Buttons] 6=P1,22,K120,26
    70465 SendKeyToFS(00030078=[alt+ctl+F9], KEYDOWN) ctr=0
    70465 Sending WM_KEYDOWN, Key=17 (Control) (Scan code 29), Ctr=6
    70465 Sending WM_KEYDOWN, Key=18 (Alt) (Scan code 56), Ctr=6
    70481 Sending WM_KEYDOWN, Key=120 (Scan code 67), Ctr=4
    70481 KEYDOWN: VK=17, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=2
    70481 .. Key not programmed -- passed on to FS

Not sure if it gives any clues but it may be of some use.

David Porrett

There is a bug now identified with the keyboard shortcuts both in our GTN and GNS V2 for FltSim.

An update version is on its way today or tomorrow.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I had the same bug, not only the keyboard commands but also the native simulator gps commands are Not working, so it is impossible to control the GNS unit with hardware buttons at the moment. Hoping for the update to fix this issue. 

Hi,

My situation is this: I have RXP GNS530 v1 and Emuteq GNS 530 hardware on a Win10/64 pc and I am switching from FSX to P3Dv4.1

I also have the Mindstar GNS 530 but that is a 32 bit version and up to now no 64bit version is for sale. I am willing to buy the RXP GNS 530 v2

The central question how do I get a working software(RXP GNSv2) and hardware (Emuteq GNS 530)combination?  The point is Emuteq doesn't answer my emails(any more) and only has a solution that works with Win 7. In Win10 their solution/instruction set triggers a number of Windows 10 hotkeys.

So I wonder if the feature of the RXP GNS 530v2  "Use Simulator GPS commands" is the solution. And if so is there a step by step description how to use it.

To be honest I am a simple end user and working with offsets , keyboard shortcuts and so on is a bid over my head. If Emuteq would give some support for Win10/64 and their hardware the problem wouldn't be there anymore.

My hpoes are on RXP!

Hans

On 4-9-2017 at 4:15 PM, DavidP said:

I just wanted to let everyone know, if they don't know, that the Emuteq Garsim GNS 530 works beautifully with this new version of the RXP GNS 530. Every bit as good as it worked in FSX/9. Great to have it back - haven't flown an airliner since the release!

Hi David,

I found out that the software RXPGNS 530 and the emuteq hardware GNS530 is working fine in P3Dv4.1 but only with Win7/8. I suppose you work with Win7? And in Win 10  it triggers a number of Win 10 hotkeys. For instance the comflip button(Win+Q) opens the Windows search function.

So I am wondering if there is set of FSUIPC and RXP ini settings that works in Win 10/64. Emuteq doesn't give a clue, in fact doesn't answer my emails for support

Hans

16 hours ago, Hansonius said:

Hi David,

I found out that the software RXPGNS 530 and the emuteq hardware GNS530 is working fine in P3Dv4.1 but only with Win7/8. I suppose you work with Win7? And in Win 10  it triggers a number of Win 10 hotkeys. For instance the comflip button(Win+Q) opens the Windows search function.

So I am wondering if there is set of FSUIPC and RXP ini settings that works in Win 10/64. Emuteq doesn't give a clue, in fact doesn't answer my emails for support

Hans

Hi Hans,

Sorry, I use Win7 Pro x64, so I can't speak for Win10. You can try changing the keystrokes to something like CTRL+SHIFT+... which might work - I changed a few key maps to this format as I had trouble mapping the key strokes to FSUIPC . I am currently revising my setup in light of the new update just released - the key mapping works perfectly on the Emuteq.

David

David Porrett

Hello,

I use Win10 and P3D V4.1.

With the lastest version of GNS, all work fine with my emuteq. It is possible to use the default GPS key of P3D to use RXP gauge.

I assign the default command with FSUIPC.

The only one which doesn't work is CDI key, I don't know which is the default command. But I use win + F3 combinaison and all is fine.

Lud

25 minutes ago, ludmar said:

The only one which doesn't work is CDI key, I don't know which is the default command.

Hi, this would be KEY_GPS_NEAREST_BUTTON (User's Manual p14).

Please let me know if there is a bug with this key.

Hello,

it works fine with KEY_GPS_NEAREST_BUTTON, thank you very much.

As always, the solution is in the user's manual (I didn't read it, sorry) !

Thanks to RXP for quick answer.

Lud