Sign in to follow this  
floydcox

Flight Plan

I export flightplans made in Pilot2ATC to the folder stated in the manual in both .fpl and .gfp formats. When I go to flightplans on the gtn 750 the catalogue shows the route but when I press import I only get the departure and destination waypoints, as in direct to, there are mo planned SID STAR and approach waypoints. what am I doing wrong?

Hi, I'd would like to think the exported flight plan is in a wrong format. Since these are text files, you might want to have a look to what has been exported by Pilot2ATC. Just use notepad and eventually, you might copy/paste the content in this thread for more to see and help?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

This is what the .gfp files says - FPN/RI:F:LFBP:F:LFML. Just the departure and arrival points. Any clues anyone.

Hi the flight plan shows 2 points and your GTN shows 2 points. This seams consistent isn't it?

you might want to review your flight planning tool and make sure it exports what you tell it properly?!?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thanks for the reply, I understand what you are saying but I thought the exported flight plan would show all procedures. Not a big problem though as it is easy to recreate the whole plan within the GTN 750, so no worries.

Are you sure Pilot2ATC is capable of saving the procedures into the .gfp format? 

From the GTN flight plan manual included in the sample pack, it reads like this for example:

• DA:KPDX:D:LAVAA5.YKM:R:10R (LAVAA5 departure from runway 10R at KPDX via YKM)
  • AA:EGKK:A:ASTR2H.BEDEK(08L) (ASTR2H arrival to runway 08L at EGKK via BEDEK)

All I know is that there is an option to export to a .gfp format. I can only assume that it should wprk as per your example but it simply shows the aiport info.