Sign in to follow this  
klamal

FSCaptain?

Hello.  I've been thinking about getting FSCaptain and am curious on any recent reports/experiences with it?  How stable is it the beta version as I would like to be able to use it w/ P3Dv4?  Also, how well does it work currently with the FSLabs A320?  According to the docs and the forums, it looks like it does work.  But how well?  I also plan to run this from a networked computer.  How has this been for anyone running this app in that type set up?  Any issues?

Thanks in advance for any comments/help.  :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I believe they have a demo for download on the site.  I will be trying it within the next few days.  I am very interested in this product also.  Current users, I too would like to read your thoughts about this app.

From what I can tell, it gives my flights some purpose than just flying randomly.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 minute ago, Skywolf said:

I believe they have a demo for download on the site.  I will be trying it within the next few days.  I am very interested in this product also.  Current users, I too would like to read your thoughts about this app.

From what I can tell, it gives my flights some purpose than just flying randomly.

Yeah, I know they have a demo too.  I just always hate installing things unless I know for sure I plan to keep them.

Exactly the reason I'm looking at this too...to give more purpose to my flights.  I'm getting sick of looking for virtual airlines that offer what I'm looking for.  I've signed up for nearly a dozen now and none of them offer anything close to the detail this application seems to offer.  The hard part about FSCaptain though will be getting as close to real world schedules into it for the airlines I want to fly for.  I know you can import AI flight plans.  But I assume those aren't going to be as up to date as some of the VAs out there are.  But, I'll be ok with that.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

37 minutes ago, klamal said:

Yeah, I know they have a demo too.  I just always hate installing things unless I know for sure I plan to keep them.

Exactly the reason I'm looking at this too...to give more purpose to my flights.  I'm getting sick of looking for virtual airlines that offer what I'm looking for.  I've signed up for nearly a dozen now and none of them offer anything close to the detail this application seems to offer.  The hard part about FSCaptain though will be getting as close to real world schedules into it for the airlines I want to fly for.  I know you can import AI flight plans.  But I assume those aren't going to be as up to date as some of the VAs out there are.  But, I'll be ok with that.

I hear there is another one service called FSEconomy (no clue about it) and if you mix it with Pilotedge it becomes quite super realistic experience.  Again I have not subscribed to Pilotedge yet.

I wonder if FSCaptain are FSEconomy are competitors?

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 minute ago, Skywolf said:

I hear there is another one service called FSEconomy (no clue about it) and if you mix it with Pilotedge it becomes quite super realistic experience.  Again I have not subscribed to Pilotedge yet.

I wonder if FSCaptain are FSEconomy are competitors?

FSEconomy is free.  It's not really meant as a direct competitor to FSCaptain as they go after different segments.  FSEconomy is more a GA type thing and FSCaptain is trying to simulate real world airline operations as closely as possible.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.  But that's not the type of flying I'm after here.  :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

There's a two-part YouTube video by the author which explains and demonstrates the features pretty well.

I've been meaning to try the demo myself.

Cheers,

Tom

13 minutes ago, Murfman said:

There's a two-part YouTube video by the author which explains and demonstrates the features pretty well.

I've been meaning to try the demo myself.

Cheers,

Tom

Yeah, I've seen the videos.  I've watched everything I can find on YouTube.  But there's nothing very recent and that just has me wondering as to why.  But, all that being said, I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this anyway as I think it is exactly what I'm looking for.  Just was hoping to find some confirmation on its stability in working w/ both P3Dv3/4 and FSLabs A320.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

FS Captain gives the option of manualy entering a flight without the need to import ai flightplans. I take a flight from FlightRadar24, enter the details into FSC, and away I go.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

4 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

FS Captain gives the option of manualy entering a flight without the need to import ai flightplans. I take a flight from FlightRadar24, enter the details into FSC, and away I go.

Yeah, I know that too. But call me crazy, one of the things I really like is to not have to pick where I'm going next or even the whole day. I like the idea of being "assigned" trips for the day or picking the legs I will do for the day at once. Rather than landing somewhere and then trying to figure out where to go to next. I want to try to simulate "line flying" as close as I can. I know, I'm crazy. But that's me. :)

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

5 hours ago, klamal said:

Hello.  I've been thinking about getting FSCaptain and am curious on any recent reports/experiences with it?  How stable is it the beta version as I would like to be able to use it w/ P3Dv4?  Also, how well does it work currently with the FSLabs A320?  According to the docs and the forums, it looks like it does work.  But how well?  I also plan to run this from a networked computer.  How has this been for anyone running this app in that type set up?  Any issues?

Thanks in advance for any comments/help.  :)

I have recently purchased fscaptain and I'm using their 1.8 beta version for P3Dv4. Check out their support forums to see what bugs it's has and workarounds. The main bugs I've noticed has to do with the voices, ie co pilot repeating himself and cabin crew announcements causing CTD at times. I just avoid cabin crew announcements and I mute cockpit voices, otherwise it's been working fine.

I also run it over a network computer without issues. I like it as it adds some purpose to the flights.

To get the 1.8 beta version you need to download from their forums.

I don't have fslabs a320 but it works well with pmdg 737

5 hours ago, klamal said:

It is not a big deal to install the demo. It installs about 200 MB of data in one subdirectory ("FSCaptain") of your simulator. To delete it, just delete that directory. It works just like the full version, except that you can only fly to/from a few airports.

As for newer videos, Dutch (the developer) gives sneak peaks into new features at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rLVqsbbVGCuLhEnsbNyzA

Version 1.8.0 beta is not stable for everyone, so if you want to test FSCaptain with P3D v4 it might be a good idea to wait until the official release. Or you test version 1.7.4 with FSX or P3D 2.x or 3.x

Peter

And what about with FSLabs A320?  Does anyone here use FSCaptain and FSL?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

3 hours ago, klamal said:

Yeah, I know that too. But call me crazy, one of the things I really like is to not have to pick where I'm going next or even the whole day. I like the idea of being "assigned" trips for the day or picking the legs I will do for the day at once. Rather than landing somewhere and then trying to figure out where to go to next. I want to try to simulate "line flying" as close as I can. I know, I'm crazy. But that's me. :)

If your happy flying into default airports that works. 

I can't do it so I choose a real world route via flight status website and then fly between pay ware Airports with fs captain. 

It's a very flexible program. However it does take a bit of setting up 

ZORAN

i have over 800 hours of flight with this program. it is linked between pr3dv4 and fsxse. it works very well

support is very good give it a try you wont be disappointed.

i fly pmdg bae-4100,ngx,777,flight1 mustang,dc-6,the conny.  

give the demo a try. 

regards tjkiser