Sign in to follow this  
saverio mangione

Fs2crew with flyinside and HTC VIVE

hi everyone,

can somebody tell me if fs2crew can be used while simming in VR using htc vive or any other virtual reality kit?

i hope to read you back. I'm seriously thinking of switching to this new kind of experience but I still need my FO to fly ;-)

thanks 

saverio 

Saverio Mangione

I wonder the same. As I fly V4 now, I don't yet have FlyInside. But when it comes out I don't see why FS2Crew wouldn't work with it if you use the voice control version.

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

Thanks Alex. I asked the same question this morning to Bryan from fs2crew and he sees no troubles. I'd rather use the button control though as not always does the system recognize my accent (I'm native Italian). But I don't think that button control would be working, though. Thanks for your reply anyway. That was really appreciated. 

Saverio Mangione

Hi  Bryan. VR is a brand new technology for me. I don't know if fs2crew panel will pop up inside the cockpit. Mine is just a thought .... it can be that there will be no issues at all. I can't fly without a fo beside me ;-) Anyway, VR will be live on my system for Xmas. No need to worry for a while. :-) 

Saverio Mangione

It does work with P3Dv4 native VR (voice mode, did not test button mode).

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

2 hours ago, tgcbraun said:

It does work with P3Dv4 native VR (voice mode, did not test button mode).

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Please let me know if it also works with button control should you try it out. I'll be using flyinside together with my 2 sims and they're working on p3d v4. Otherwise I'll have to improve my American accent if I want to use fs2crew 😉 BTW, my system runs an Nvidia GTX 970 and I'll be using oculus rift for sure. I I wouldn't like to change my GPU again and am not prepared to spend so much money on it. Do you think it's going to work? 

Edited by saverio mangione

Saverio Mangione

I'm using the Pimax Headset in P3Dv4 native VR along with Aircraft from PMDG and FS2CREW addon . I only use the button version and currently no FS2Crew menus will pop up when using VR.

I hoping flyinside when it's released will fix this. 

Mayby someone who has P3Dv3 and flyinside can confirm that pop ups are visible.

IM

33 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

I'm using the Pimax Headset in P3Dv4 native VR along with Aircraft from PMDG and FS2CREW addon . I only use the button version and currently no FS2Crew menus will pop up when using VR.

The FS2Crew Panels are just ordinary panels.  Do any 2D aircraft panels (panels from the aircraft itself) work?

29 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

I hoping flyinside when it's released will fix this. 

Mayby someone who has P3Dv3 and flyinside can confirm that pop ups are visible.

IM

Thank you. Let's wait for flyinside ... I know they're updating their software to P3D V4 which will be ready at the end of this month (they have confirmed this to me right this morning). Asking for the implementation of button control into their software would arm none I guess! I'll ask them, who knows 😊

Saverio Mangione

9 minutes ago, saverio mangione said:

Thank you. Let's wait for flyinside ... I know they're updating their software to P3D V4 which will be ready at the end of this month (they have confirmed this to me right this morning). Asking for the implementation of button control into their software would arm none I guess! I'll ask them, who knows 😊

Ask them if they can support 2D windows.

It's not really a unique to FS2Crew issue.  It's any addon that would display 2D Windows in the VC.

3 hours ago, byork said:

The FS2Crew Panels are just ordinary panels.  Do any 2D aircraft panels (panels from the aircraft itself) work?

Exactly.. no 2D windows available with P3Dv4 native VR. I'm pretty sure that's what flyinside has accomplished although I don't know for sure as I've only just received my VR headset and don't have P3Dv3 installed anymore to try it.

I was hoping their 64bit release was just around the corner, as the end of September seems so far away especially now that I have a FS2Crew copilot for my 747 that I want to pull out of the hangar.

I have a beautiful crystal clear 65in 4K TV that seems so boring now to use after trying on a VR headset.

😫

IM

I think voice control is the way to go with VR but if you need windows to popup in your cockpit than Flyinside will do that. I have the demo and using the A2A Connie I can get the windows for fuel loading, maps and other A2A popups to appear. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

I think voice control is the way to go with VR but if you need windows to popup in your cockpit than Flyinside will do that. I have the demo and using the A2A Connie I can get the windows for fuel loading, maps and other A2A popups to appear. 

5 hours ago, byork said:

Ask them if they can support 2D windows.

It's not really a unique to FS2Crew issue.  It's any addon that would display 2D Windows in the VC.

Already done! I'm still waiting for their answer. I'll keep you updated 

Saverio Mangione

Hi everyone, Daniel from Flyinside replied to my question. Please find here below what he writes:

" Hello Saverio,

I haven't tried fs2crew personally, but I believe it should work with our "Import Window" functionality.  Let me know once you've had a chance to try it out :)
Thanks,

Dan Church

FlyInside Inc.

So, if anyone has the chance to try it out please let me know as I will implement VR only for Xmas, way too long for a test  

ciao from Italy 🇮🇹 

Saverio Mangione