Sign in to follow this  
adyfoot

P3D v4 ATC Add-On

36 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

That is a ridiculous comment. The RELEASE version is 2.0 - the beta version being worked on is 2.2. And, regardless, not saying it is a beta would not be dishonest.

I suggest you rethink your comment.

Vic

Hey Vic -- don't you believe everything you read on the Internet? :)

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Actually, it says beta in the bug reporting forum on this site. Regardless, the software is updated monthly if not sometimes weekly, so I'm missing your point.

Edited by Jim Young
Remove quote containing advertisement.
  • Upvote 1

NAX669.png

Every time i read a thread like this, i think that there's potential for a developer who could create the "perfect" atc addon to be very successful if they could pull it off...

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Every time i read a thread like this, i think that there's potential for a developer who could create the "perfect" atc addon to be very successful if they could pull it off...

If you could take every ATC program that has been written and combine them, you might be fairly close to a perfect program. None of them are perfect and a lot of it comes down to the service that the developer provides after the sale.

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png

Agreed.  Frankly I'd be happy with a modified default ATC that allowed you to fly sids/stars, did a better job of vectoring you, used a shorter downwind leg, and changed between FAA and ICAO terminology/procedures (ie FL changes) depending on where you are.  The voices in the default ATC are still by far the best out there to me in terms of sounding natural and being easy to work with to create new phrases.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Always been a big fan of VoxATC for my VFR flying and occasional IFR flights in my light aircraft (A2A C172, Cherokee etc). One of the main features with VoxATC, the fact that it generates its own traffic can also be a pain I have noticed. The aircraft often do not behave like you expect, they can suddely just dissapear and although VoxATC base its traffic on your realistic AI flightplans the proportions can be way off. Say that 10 airlines traffic an airport and there are 5 parking spaces. Many times it could be that VoxATC places the same airline at all five gates. This might not be a problem at larger airports but having 5 Air France jets occuping all five gates at Tahiti airport is a bit unrealistic :)

Anways, lately I have returned go good old default ATC and for those VFR flights its not that bad and espcically with EditVoicepack 5, a voice recognition software and a headset. 

Mike    

22 minutes ago, mikced76 said:

Always been a big fan of VoxATC for my VFR flying and occasional IFR flights in my light aircraft (A2A C172, Cherokee etc). One of the main features with VoxATC, the fact that it generates its own traffic can also be a pain I have noticed. The aircraft often do not behave like you expect, they can suddely just dissapear and although VoxATC base its traffic on your realistic AI flightplans the proportions can be way off. Say that 10 airlines traffic an airport and there are 5 parking spaces. Many times it could be that VoxATC places the same airline at all five gates. This might not be a problem at larger airports but having 5 Air France jets occuping all five gates at Tahiti airport is a bit unrealistic :)

Anways, lately I have returned go good old default ATC and for those VFR flights its not that bad and espcically with EditVoicepack 5, a voice recognition software and a headset. 

Mike    

VOX ATC always sounds to me like a  robot in a 1950's movie. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I use PRO ATC X and have done for a year or so, never had any problems with it and has been spot on, very impressed with it. Plus regular updates and support. If SierrsDelta approves of it that's a good endorsement in itself. :happy:

• Like 1

"Plus regular updates and support"....

No news since May beta release. My main problem now is the in flight save that does not work on P3dV4. And now, I'd like support for FSL320 integration. 

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

VOX ATC always sounds to me like a  robot in a 1950's movie. 

Hi Bob, VOX ATC just uses the Windows text-to-speech (TTS) engine, so it will sound like whatever TTS voice or voices you have selected. Any program that uses TTS, flightsim or otherwise, is in the same boat.

So firstly, it's not fair to single it out for specific criticism - it's just the nature of the technology, that it still sounds a little different from recorded vocals. The upside is that the range of spoken phrases that can be used is very wide. With human-recorded ATC, it's not like it necessarily flows smoothly when sentence fragments are combined,

The second point that should be clarified regarding this comment is that TTS voices vary massively in quality, and some of the modern ones are really excellent. Go to http://www.deskshare.com/text-to-speech-voices.aspx and download on of the Ivona voices to hear an example of what good TTS sounds like (you can get a one month free trial from this site, to test the TTS voices out).

I use a combination of Ivona voices and Cereproc voices with VOXATC, and the results are excellent. Note that I'm pretty new to VoxATC, and was sceptical prior to trying it for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

Cereproc voices actually sound the best, but there's no free trial. But if you download Emma from Ivona, you'll get a good idea of what you can achieve here (you can only borrow her temporarily, she's my normal FO so I need her back!).

As for the OP:

- I previously used RC4

- I now use VoxATC, and am very pleased with my purchase. But I also needed to buy a few extra voices, which does get expensive. As noted above, the standard windows TTS voice and the free voices available from VoxPOP for use with this program are pretty average.

- I use PilotEdge for GA flying when I want to talk to a real controller.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

There's a thread in the VOXATC AVSim forum that explains how to add more voices that are "hidden" in Win 10. One can also add language packs  from the Win10 Control Panel (like Canadian English) to add additional voices. But unless something was changed in VOXATC 7.41, it doesn't like Win10 non-English language packs.

As to payware voices, Cereproc and Ivona voices both work. Stay away from installing older Windows SAPI 5 voices into Win10. They sound terrible. The VOXATC add-on voices are a better option for free lower quality voices.

MS speech synthesis and speech recognition in Win10 are both top notch in my opinion... better than Apple's Siri, for example.

PRO ATC is not reliable with many add on sceneries. especially Aerosoft.  Is rarely accurate on finall approaches and has to be ignored most of the time!!  It needs alot of work still . . . .

2 hours ago, Mark Niebauer said:

PRO ATC is not reliable with many add on sceneries. especially Aerosoft.  Is rarely accurate on finall approaches and has to be ignored most of the time!!  It needs alot of work still . . . .

Please send a PM with reference your support post on the ProATC-X forum as you may have a different user name.

Aerosoft scenery is no different to any other.