Sign in to follow this  
floydcox

No charts or weather data

40 minutes ago, floydcox said:

Using the 750 on x plane 11, I get no weather or charts information, what am I doing wrong?

Weather not supported yet. No charts in Garmin data base for Europe just in USA.

• Upvote 1

Hi Jean-Luc,

When can we expect to have the weather button working?

Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 minutes ago, Alvega said:

When can we expect to have the weather button working?

I didn't know this was expected :huh:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 minute ago, RXP said:

I didn't know this was expected :huh:

Now I am confused, is it not expected to have it working? I saw bluebell2 asking about it also some days ago but you didn't reply, thought it were working on it.

Isn't it working on the P3D version?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

I saw bluebell2 asking about it also some days ago but you didn't reply,

I might have missed this one in the flow of messages. Can you point me to the discussion?

It is not implemented in the FltSim version either. There is a difference though between having an icon  opening a sub page of static data, and actually having the GTN displaying sound and real-time Wx related data from the simulator... For now, we've disabled the icons which serve no purpose in the simulator.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

1 hour ago, RXP said:

I might have missed this one in the flow of messages. Can you point me to the discussion?

It is not implemented in the FltSim version either. There is a difference though between having an icon  opening a sub page of static data, and actually having the GTN displaying sound and real-time Wx related data from the simulator... For now, we've disabled the icons which serve no purpose in the simulator.

Hi Jean-Luc,

This is the post I was referring to: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/523035-rxp-gtn-750650-touch-x-plane-v249-rc/?do=findComment&comment=3738585

where he says "all we need now is the weather icon working", so I got the idea it would work in the future.  My bad, i guess.

On another note, I recall seeing a screenshot posted by someone who had the wind direction arrow showing on the GTN map. How can I enable that?

Thanks.

Edit: Never mind, I found out how to enable the wind arrow.

Edited by Alvega
Add info.

Alvega

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

This is the post I was referring to: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/523035-rxp-gtn-750650-touch-x-plane-v249-rc/?do=findComment&comment=3738585

where he says "all we need now is the weather icon working", so I got the idea it would work in the future.  My bad, i guess.

Ok I get it now! This was more 'teasing' me than 'predicting' ;-)

Following up on this topic. I understand not having weather radar data but what about WX Data on the Airport info screen? Is this something that can be done with a mod maybe?