EliteDangerous

RAAS Prevents P3D from Starting

Hi there,

For the 2nd time since the locked version of RAAS was released for PMDG aircraft with P3DV4 it is stopping P3D from loading.

Everything worked fine for a few days but then out of the blue the P3D Splash screen during loading appears and then disappears without then Menu ever appearing and I have to kill P3D via windows task manager.

I remove this from the DLL.XML file and P3D loads as normal again.

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>RAASPRO</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

I started a PMDG support ticket and they advised me to try uninstalling and re-installing the 777/747 and if the problem persists to contact FS2Crew.

The re-install solved the problem - for a few days  - but since last night, again P3DV4 will not load unless I disable RAAS from the DLL.XML file again.

So here I am.

I've seen this symptom reported by other users as well.

Can anyone help?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are you changing something on your system between the time it works and the time it doesn't work?

Try this... get it working, then open the RAAS menu, and select "disable updates check" or words to that effect.

Maybe the update check is causing some issue on your system for whatever reason.

32 minutes ago, byork said:

Are you changing something on your system between the time it works and the time it doesn't work?

No. At least, nothing I can think of.

Try this... get it working, then open the RAAS menu, and select "disable updates check" or words to that effect.

Ok I have it working again (by uninstalling/re-installing 777/747) and I have disabled updates check from the menu.

Are you changing something on your system between the time it works and the time it doesn't work?Maybe the update check is causing some issue on your system for whatever reason.

So it does an update check in the background while P3D is loading? If that's the case then it sounds plausible.

Btw, I use Windows 10.

Troy Krajancic

23 hours ago, EliteDangerous said:

So it does an update check in the background while P3D is loading? If that's the case then it sounds plausible.

Btw, I use Windows 10.

Troy Krajancic

Yes, try it.  See what happens.  Win 10 makes no difference.

Hello, I have figured out what was causing the problem!

Installing RAAS via the 747/777 breaks Office 2010 applications on my computer. Applications that I need to work, like my accounting package!

Not knowing why my Office 2010 applications no longer run, I started troubleshooting and found a bizarre entry "Microsoft Access Database 2010 (Spanish)" in my Apps & Features list.

Having no idea where that came from (at the time) I uninstalled it and my Office 2010 applications started working again.

I have now figured out that it is RAAS that installs "Microsoft Access Database 2010 (Spanish)".

So now if I use RAAS I can't use my Office 2010 applications, and if I remove "Microsoft Access Database 2010 (Spanish)" I can use my Office 2010 Apps but not RAAS (P3D hangs on startup) !

Obviously this isn't satisfactory. Are you able to provide a solution? I assume this problem isn't going to only affect me.

RAAS for P3D V4 (64 Bits) requires the 64 bit version of the Microsoft Access Database, because everything has to be 64 bits.  Spanish/English, it's the same thing.  No difference.

The problem you have is that the 64 Bit version of the Microsoft Access Database, which Office needs, does not work with older version 32 bit versions of Office.  Office 2010 would require the 32 bit version of the Microsoft Access Database.

There's nothing we can really do about this I'm afraid.

99 percent of users running 64 Bit systems will be running 64 bit versions of Office, so only a handful of users are effected.

It's safe to assume that your Office 2010 apps are more important than RAAS, so not using RAAS is your best bet.

Best,

Hi all
I had probably the same problem. P3dV4, PMDG 737,747 777 installed with FS2Crew for all 3 and in addition RAAS pro. KB4038788 installed several days ago with no problems. I have no office or database programs on this PC.
This morning when I start P3Dv4  and select the default plane P3Dv4 was crashing to desktop during the loading.
If I removed the lines in the dll.xml launching RAAS everything was fine, except that I have no RAASpro. All the other FS2Crew programs work fine.
I uninstalled RAAS rebooted and installed again. No success.
After 3 hours I restored the old dll.xml started P3Dv4 and had no CTD. RAASpro and all the other addons working fine.
I have nothing changed except the above and no idea what was causing this problem. I presume it could have something to do with the rights management.
Regards Stefan

Bryan,

I’m pretty sure you are wrong regarding 64 bit versions of Office. The default install is 32bit. Also MS themselves recommend installing the 32 bit version to maintain compatibility with the thousands of add ons specifically designed for Office in the business sector. Pretty much every legal firm on the planet has plugins for Office.  It’s more likely it’s 99 percent 32 bit.

I also have had problems with this. It's not just that you are using the Spanish version for some reason but that widows now believes the user has Office 2010 x64 installed and forces Win10 to do updates.

I recall this question about the Spanish version was raised on the PMDG forum. The answer was to take the issue up with FS2Crew.

Office 2010 mainstream support has ended and this versions end of life is Oct2020.  You may need to look at an alternative.

In the meantime I choose not to use your add on with the other aircraft it is bundled with.  PMDG do not appear to give such an option. Can you advise a  recommended way to remove RASS after the PMDG install.

Thank you,

There's no way of not using the 64 bit version of MS Access Database because RAAS for P3D 64 is a 64 bit program.

We need the MS Access Database to read the runways database, and unfortunately the 64 bit version is not backward compatible with old version of Office that use the 32 bit version.

The Spanish makes no difference.  It's just the text in the menus that are different, and no user should ever see that text anyway.  The English version is otherwise exactly the same.  (My RAAS programmer is Spanish).

If you want to disable RAAS, all you need to do is open the DLL.XML for Prepar 3D with Notepad.

Find this section:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

You can either delete the whole section or set "Disabled" to True.

All the best,

Hi Bryan

since I use the current Lockheed Software P3d Version 4.1, I have noticed the following Problem: During the Installation of your PMDG 777 Software, the system does install a spanish version of Microsoft Access. This Version of Access does cause Problems with my Outlook Office Version 2013. I have tried to uninstall Access, but the I have the Problem that P3d does not start anymore.
I raed several Chats abou this Problem, but did not find any solution for this Problem. I would appreciate your quick help.
Kind regards
Felix

I got the following advise from Chris Makris. As I do not use FS2 Crew I did change the dll.xml File as advised, but no success.

Hope you can help.
RegardsFelix

Felix

The Spanish Microsoft access is the result of the RAAS software update for Prepar3D V4.  You can contact Bryan York at FS2Crew as they are the developer of that software and he should be able to assist you with that issue.

Regarding P3d not starting after deleting the access most probably is because of P3d trying to load the RAAS dll, since you deleted a component needed, access, P3d crashes. Can you please try the following?

Go to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 Open the DLL.xml file with notepad and change the following line on the RAASPRO entry.

<Disabled>False</Disabled> change this to <Disabled>True</Disabled>

Save and exit. This will prevent the dll to load. Is P3d working again? Have in mind this change means that the RAAS will not work in our planes. As I wrote you need to contact RAAS developer.

Chris Makris
Technical Support
PMDG Simulations, LLC
www.precisionmanuals.com

What Chris said is correct.

Please do that.

Then RAAS will no longer load.

Bryan

thanks for your advise. I have tried both as recommended, change Disabled from false to true and I did also delete in a scond trial  the entire section. 
The Problem remains.

Can you confirm, that if I would upgrade my Office 2013 uo to the latest Office 365 Package, that this problem would be solved?

Please help!

Regards

Felix 

3 hours ago, Cippo2000 said:

Can you confirm, that if I would upgrade my Office 2013 uo to the latest Office 365 Package, that this problem would be solved?

Well, with computers one can never be 100 percent, but it should work.

If you use the 64 Bti version of Office, then you meet all the requirements for RAAS 64.

Just re-install RAAS 64 bits when done.