Sign in to follow this  
Saucey12

aircraft overstressed!

ok I want to see if any of you guys have had any of these experiences as I have had (little frustrated):  I am flying an add-on.  Its an s2f-3 Tracker.  Love the plane!  I am running AS16 as my active weather.  I'm flying around 2500msl about 1000 feet below the overcast layer in rain.  There is lightening but its not right on top of me.  It gets turbulent, as expected it would be, and then the flight ends in a crash scene that says "aircraft overstressed"  Now I do have the realism settings set to the most realistic possible with the setting of "show aircraft stress".  But i am like really?  How can the plane fall apart with that?  Oh and.. The winds were very minimal, like 12 knots.  This isnt the only aircraft that this has happened in.  I do not want to go and change the realism settings unless I hafta.  Has anyone else who flies these type scenario's given the settings had this happen to them a lot?  

How fast were you flying?  Were you going past the safe level of KIAS at that altitude?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

nah. cruise speed for that aircraft is 150 kias  i was doing like 130kias. those type planes are supposed to take a beating lol 

I had the same problem with other aircraft. Looking around for a bit, some folks seem to suggest putting the Turbulence scale in AS16 to lower than 30. I did that, no issue. 

Did you also remember to lower the prop RPM down into the safe zone after takeoff?  I think

I had the same situation flying either the M. Shupe S2F-1 or C-1 and forgot about lowering the RPM.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 minute ago, charliearon said:

Did you also remember to lower the prop RPM down into the safe zone after takeoff?  I think

I had the same situation flying either the M. Shupe S2F-1 or C-1 and forgot about lowering the RPM.

yes sir i sure did. i never have the prop rpm at max unless im on take off. i start reducing it as soon as im above a thousand feet or so.  I think, as i suspected the problem is AS16 and fsx, as kowen said.. 

5 minutes ago, kowen said:

I had the same problem with other aircraft. Looking around for a bit, some folks seem to suggest putting the Turbulence scale in AS16 to lower than 30. I did that, no issue. 

thank you. i bet that's it

8 hours ago, Saucey12 said:

ok I want to see if any of you guys have had any of these experiences as I have had (little frustrated):  I am flying an add-on.  Its an s2f-3 Tracker.  Love the plane!  I am running AS16 as my active weather.  I'm flying around 2500msl about 1000 feet below the overcast layer in rain.  There is lightening but its not right on top of me.  It gets turbulent, as expected it would be, and then the flight ends in a crash scene that says "aircraft overstressed"  Now I do have the realism settings set to the most realistic possible with the setting of "show aircraft stress".  But i am like really?  How can the plane fall apart with that?  Oh and.. The winds were very minimal, like 12 knots.  This isnt the only aircraft that this has happened in.  I do not want to go and change the realism settings unless I hafta.  Has anyone else who flies these type scenario's given the settings had this happen to them a lot?  

You can always turn off the Stress causes damage box, or whatever it's called just to make sure it doesn't ruin a flight. Turning off crash detection is not a bad idea as well if you haven't already done so. Nothing ruins a flight more than landing and hitting an invisible crash box that a developer left or having an AI taxi into you and crash the sim.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

12 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

You can always turn off the Stress causes damage box, or whatever it's called just to make sure it doesn't ruin a flight. Turning off crash detection is not a bad idea as well if you haven't already done so. Nothing ruins a flight more than landing and hitting an invisible crash box that a developer left or having an AI taxi into you and crash the sim.

yes!! or some rogue ground equipment traffic

Search the aircraft.cfg for lines containing "g_limit". The numbers in them define the load limit envelope and thus determine crashes by overstressing.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days