Sign in to follow this  
ozzieblr

Error message with PMDGsounds.dll

Can anyone please help?

I am using FSX Acceleration with Windows 7 Enterprise, PMDG 737s, 747 QOTS II, and 777 packages.

For no apparent reason I am now getting an error message on startup saying the Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software package (addon), citing the PMDGsounds.dll as the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/txiqvbpif4dxco1/ErrorMessage.jpg?dl=0

I have tried replacing that file from a working version of FSX, and reinstalling my QOTS II and 777 packages, without success.

Has anyone else sen this problem, or have a solution to it?

Regards,

Brian

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

6 hours ago, ozzieblr said:

Can anyone please help?

I am using FSX Acceleration with Windows 7 Enterprise, PMDG 737s, 747 QOTS II, and 777 packages.

For no apparent reason I am now getting an error message on startup saying the Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software package (addon), citing the PMDGsounds.dll as the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/txiqvbpif4dxco1/ErrorMessage.jpg?dl=0

I have tried replacing that file from a working version of FSX, and reinstalling my QOTS II and 777 packages, without success.

Has anyone else sen this problem, or have a solution to it?

Regards,

Brian

Old file.......

I think that file is for the old PMDGs versions of 747, MD11. There are only two DLLs now that is for the latest generation.

PMDG_Interface.dll is for 747 QOTS II and 777

PMDG_HUD_interface.dll is the HUD display in the 737NGX

I have all the latest 747 QOTS II, 777 and 737NGX and I do NOT have the PMDGsounds.dll in my dll.xml

I also recall there are more files to the old generation that is not needed anymore, but forgot their names.

So remove/disable it and try a flight. It will work.

Per W Sweden

You must update dll.xml. In win7 it is in:
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Remove the entry that looks like this, just an eg. I made:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>(Sound something)</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGsounds.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

If you do not remove it or Disable it FSX will complain about not finding that file if you just delete it.

Per W Sweden

6 hours ago, ozzieblr said:

We haven't used that dll in quite some time. Did you install the old version of the 744 or the MD-11 perhaps? If so, that's why. Uninstall them and remove the PMDG Sounds.dll entry from the dll.xml file, as Per mentioned, above.

Kyle Rodgers

5 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

We haven't used that dll in quite some time. Did you install the old version of the 744 or the MD-11 perhaps? If so, that's why. Uninstall them and remove the PMDG Sounds.dll entry from the dll.xml file, as Per mentioned, above.

Do you have the names of the other DLLs that are not used anymore?

Per W Sweden

18 minutes ago, PerWel said:

Do you have the names of the other DLLs that are not used anymore?

Sounds and Options.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for your assistance gentlemen - all working fine now!

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!