Sign in to follow this  
VFRHawk

Looking for recommendations for Palma Majorca airport

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a could payware addon for LEPA?  I've just joined a VA that's based out of there, so it'd be nice to have a top notch version of the airport.

Must be v4 compatible.

Graham

14 minutes ago, VFRHawk said:

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a could payware addon for LEPA?  I've just joined a VA that's based out of there, so it'd be nice to have a top notch version of the airport.

Must be v4 compatible.

Graham

Aerosoft LEPA Evolution (another upgrade) is upgraded to V4 and working just fine

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

+1.

In my opinion AS Mallorca Evolution is THE BEST scenery currently on the market for LEPA. And you get the whole island covered by photo scenery, which is very immersive.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

You think so? I was in Mallorca for a 10d trip last summer and got myself a copy of LEPA when back at home and I have to say that the photo scenery is far away from reality. First, the photo is outdated and this is immediately visible, then the autogen coverage was never adapted, means it is very sparse even using highest possible settings (it is an old FSX scenery...), the colours are a little bit too brownish, even for summer. The airport itself is nice, I agree, a nice rendition of LEPA, but the rest? I once deactivated the photo ground (a how-to is available in the Aerosoft support forum) and honestly, the island rendered only by FTX Vector and FTX Global looks better than the photo ground stuff. But that's a personal opinion, of course...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Thanks for the recommendations, bought and about to download.

I'll go find how to de-activate the rest of the Island's coverage whilst it's downloading. 

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

I once deactivated the photo ground (a how-to is available in the Aerosoft support forum) and honestly, the island rendered only by FTX Vector and FTX Global looks better than the photo ground stuff. But that's a personal opinion, of course...

Interesting , never thought about that solution.

I also have OPENLC EU,Vector and Global .

Maybe you can help making the guide ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

3 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Interesting , never thought about that solution.

I also have OPENLC EU,Vector and Global .

Maybe you can help making the guide ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Straight out of the .pdf coming with the scenery:

"Some users asked if they could use the airports without using the photographic island textures. Well now it is possible, but we don´t recommend it.

If you want to remove the island´s textures, you have to remove the following files from /LEPA_FSX_EVO_TERRAIN/SCENERY:

cvxEXCLUDEMALLORCAROADSUT.bgl, cvxEXCLUDEMALLORCASTREAMSUT.bgl, cvxLEPA_EXCL_SHORE.bgl, cvxLEPA_WASSER_ALL.bgl, cvxLEPA_WASSER_ALL2.bgl, cvxLEPA_WASSER_ALL3.bgl, cvxLEPA_WASSER_ALL4.bgl, mallemitte.bgl, mallenord.bgl, mallesouth.bgl

At /LEPA_FSX_EVO_TERRAIN/TEXTURE remove all *.agn files. The aerials of the airports will remain, but they will not have any seasonal textures."

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

thanks i was wondering how to deactivate photo scenery as well, any photoscenery i've tried in p3d v4 looks like a blurry mess, so i prefer to have the orbx textures and autogen instead.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

21 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

+1.

In my opinion AS Mallorca Evolution is THE BEST scenery currently on the market for LEPA. And you get the whole island covered by photo scenery, which is very immersive.

Agreed.  Get a few  more people to say that and  flytampa, orbx, justsim and taxi2gate will have a go at making it too

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

thanks i was wondering how to deactivate photo scenery as well, any photoscenery i've tried in p3d v4 looks like a blurry mess, so i prefer to have the orbx textures and autogen instead.

That's easy. AS LEPA Evolution comes with two folders: one for the airport, and one for photo scenery. Just deactivate LEPA_EVO_TERRAIN in the scenery library (or manually in the scenery.cfg).

If you are not happy with the particular photo scenery, you can also try an alternative one for the Balearic Islands: http://deckard.uv.es/index.php?dir=SPAIN_PHOTOSCENERY%2F

Unfortunately, V4 has an issue with blurries and photo sceneries, but I really really hope that LM has found the cause and can fix it in v4.1.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

32 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

That's easy. AS LEPA Evolution comes with two folders: one for the airport, and one for photo scenery. Just deactivate LEPA_EVO_TERRAIN in the scenery library (or manually in the scenery.cfg).

I tried that in v3.35 and it takes out some of the airport scenery if you do that.  

14ppkc-6.png

Guys, in the manual coming with the scenery, there is the precise workflow described how to deactivate the photoscenery, as I copy pasted above. Deactivating the whole LEPA_EVO_TERRAIN entry is certainly NOT the way to go...

• Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Haven't read this thread, but if you haven't bought AS Mallorca yet, it's on sale today. With this silly new ruling I can't link you to it, but it's in the Aersoft shop, you'll find it with a quick Google search.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

12 hours ago, VFRHawk said:

Typical, I bought it yesterday!

That normally happens to me, except yestrday, FSDT had a 24hour 50% off for Umberto's birthday and got KCLT for half price.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.