Sign in to follow this  
byork

Released! FS2Crew for the PMDG 747 QOTS II is now available for Download!

Attention PMDG 747 Drivers - Your Official PMDG Endorsed Flight Crew expansion for the 747 is available!

We're pleased to announce that FS2Crew for the PMDG 747 QOTS II has been released and is ready for download!

Click here to visit the product page!

Like before, we're offering 5 Euros off to anyone who has ever owned a FS2Crew product before.  Coupon Code is: 747

So what's it all about?

Like with the other FS2Crew's, this product was designed in close consultation with a pilot who is current on type.

In this case, he's 747-400 FO, and we think he knows his stuff :gaul:

We're not just making up procedures off the top of our heads; everything you see in the program is based off a real 747 pilot's experience.

That said, our goal is to make your PMDG 747 experience more immersive and more realistic by allowing you to fly the 747-400 from the vantage point of the Captain and Pilot Flying using realistic airline procedures, callouts and checklists, and we think we've achieved that goal :cool:

Indeed, the PMDG 747 is a great plane, but with FS2Crew for the PMDG 747, you're not flying your PMDG 747 like it's a little Cessna 152 -which would be realistic, or legal.  You're flying it as part of a team, in a multi crew environment, the same way the real 747 is flown.

In terms of expectations, the vast majority of you probably already own FS2Crew NGX Reboot.

NGX Reboot was one of our most successful products ever!  People loved it. It sold very well.

If you liked NGX Reboot, then you'll love FS2Crew for the PMDG 747 QOTS II!

Indeed, the learning curve for you will be low since you'll already be familiar with the interface system.

In terms of SOP Sets, we're offering two this time.  SOP Set 1 is based on Boeing SOPs.  We found while researching the 747 that the majority of the world's airlines are going back to the stock Boeing SOPs - at least for their 747 fleets.  However, we've included a large number of customization options so you custom configure the SOP to match your specific needs.

SOP 2 is based on a British airline, who we can't name.  It's different from the generic Boeing SOP, and it gives you a chance to try something different.

Passenger and Freighter models are fully supported.

Some of you noticed that we charged a bit more for the 747 than older versions of FS2Crew.

This is because we're supporting FSX and P3D out of the box, including the 64 bit version of P3D.  There's a new version of P3D every year, and we'll releasing free updates every year to match them well into the foreseeable future.  We could easily be looking at 10 plus years of updates so long as Lockheed Martin keeps supporting P3D.

The product also ships with two female pilots, one German, one American.  And one male FO, who is British.

A lot of you asked for female FOs, and we delivered!

You now have some female companionship while you're over the ocean somewhere :laugh:

Enough talking from me!

Go download the 747, spread the word that FS2Crew for the 747 has been released to all your friends and fellow simmers (we appreciate the support!), and fly safe!

And thank you for supporting indie Flight Sim developers like FS2Crew!

We couldn't ask for a more awesome user base!

qots2_box_large.png

• Upvote 4

You finally made it! :ha: Looking forward to getting back home tonight and downloading it ... just one question: will fs2crew be also available in virtual reality? Thanks a lot. Best saverio 

Saverio Mangione

3 minutes ago, saverio mangione said:

You finally made it! :ha: Looking forward to getting back home tonight and downloading it ... just one question: will fs2crew be also available in virtual reality? Thanks a lot. Best saverio 

Thank you!

I don't know about Virtual Reality.  Never tried it.  But off hand I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

You're a genius Bryan. I'LL grab it today. Thanks for the work. No plane is complete without FS2Crew. Maybe consider the TFDi 717.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

Flew it! Married it!! I tell you what Bryan, you keep putting out quality like this, im gonna have to become a shareholder (or beta tester) (pleading eyes) hehe. Great work.

rb_banner_driver.png        ugcx_banner.png

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

9 minutes ago, olspsd08 said:

Flew it! Married it!! I tell you what Bryan, you keep putting out quality like this, im gonna have to become a shareholder (or beta tester) (pleading eyes) hehe. Great work.

Glad you like it!

Spread the word!

And I might I suggest using a FS2Crew - 747 Avsim banner :-)

FS2CREW PMDG 747 "LINE PILOT" 1 FORUM SIGNATURE:

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

DIRECT LINK:

https://fs2crew.com/banners/fs2crew_747_banner1.png

3 hours ago, byork said:

They're all great! 

But UGCX is next to release!

Sorry, I just googled it. Sounds neat.

Please forgive my ignorance but what is UGCX?

Vic green

Hi Bryan. First of all as always fantastic job it takes the flight simming to the higher level. Thank you very much for that. I have already made couple flights and have couple suggestions. 

FO calls out  'plus 100' despite APP MINS selected in callouts config.

He announces '3 mins' after landing without starting the chrono. (maybe he is counting minutes silently to himself :smile: )

and a tiny thing: it is written in manual 'select flight directors on/off' but in fact it reacts to 'SET' instead of 'SELECT'

also would like to have following options:

possibility to disable FO turning on/off TERR radar on takeoff and landing for SOP1. generally it is 'as required' item 

possibility disable NO SMOKING cycling for freighter version.

dont know is it is possible technically but if SDK permits  please add the command for anti-ice 'AUTO' operation.

few notes regarding the procedures:

as I know selecting packs off prior to the engines start is done just before starting the engines during "Engine start procedure" flows but not  "Before start procedure". 

hydraulics should be set  (4 aux, 1.2.3 off) before shutting down the engines. 

selecting AFT cargo heat on is also as required item. 

I assume these procedures are differ from SOP to SOP. 

and finally one question. we have 5 options of takeoff thrust in departure briefing window:

rated, derated, assumed temp, rated with assumed temp, derated with assumed temp. are the underlined ones not the same?

Great news, but is there a way to pay for it without a paypal account? It looks like paypal has removed the option to pay with creditcard only  :angry:

• Upvote 1

Dominik