Sign in to follow this  
byork

Released! FS2Crew for the PMDG 747 QOTS II is now available for Download!

9 hours ago, keight said:

Hi Bryan. First of all as always fantastic job it takes the flight simming to the higher level. Thank you very much for that. I have already made couple flights and have couple suggestions. 

FO calls out  'plus 100' despite APP MINS selected in callouts config.

He announces '3 mins' after landing without starting the chrono. (maybe he is counting minutes silently to himself :smile: )

and a tiny thing: it is written in manual 'select flight directors on/off' but in fact it reacts to 'SET' instead of 'SELECT'

also would like to have following options:

possibility to disable FO turning on/off TERR radar on takeoff and landing for SOP1. generally it is 'as required' item 

possibility disable NO SMOKING cycling for freighter version.

dont know is it is possible technically but if SDK permits  please add the command for anti-ice 'AUTO' operation.

few notes regarding the procedures:

as I know selecting packs off prior to the engines start is done just before starting the engines during "Engine start procedure" flows but not  "Before start procedure". 

hydraulics should be set  (4 aux, 1.2.3 off) before shutting down the engines. 

selecting AFT cargo heat on is also as required item. 

I assume these procedures are differ from SOP to SOP. 

and finally one question. we have 5 options of takeoff thrust in departure briefing window:

rated, derated, assumed temp, rated with assumed temp, derated with assumed temp. are the underlined ones not the same?

Glad you like it! :biggrin:

Good suggestions.  I can incorporate them in the next update.

Some of them I'll have to double check with my 747 FO consultant first, like the Hydraulics during shutdown.

That could be airline specific, but who knows.

The "3 Minute Timing"... I actually asked my 747 guy about that during development... he said he uses the time off ACARS, not the watch.  

Thanks for the report about the "plus 100" config option.

I thought I had a perfect, bug free release!  

But you found a bug.  My dream of a perfect totally bug free release remains just dream hahaha!

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Swiss2259 said:

Great news, but is there a way to pay for it without a paypal account? It looks like paypal has removed the option to pay with creditcard only  :angry:

Send me a Support Ticket.

PayPal has an option to pay with Credit Card, unless maybe they removed it in your country.

I know PayPal blocks Turkey.

On 9/5/2017 at 7:23 PM, PATCO LCH said:

Please forgive my ignorance but what is UGCX?

Hi Vic,

I don't remember the proper name, but I believe this is Ultimate Ground Crew. Like GSX, but WAY better.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

2 hours ago, skyymann said:

Hi Vic,

I don't remember the proper name, but I believe this is Ultimate Ground Crew. Like GSX, but WAY better.

Scott

Yes, Ultimate Ground Crew X.  

I won't say better than GSX because you can't really compare them to a degree.  Sorta.  It does things we don't do and we do things they don't do.

Hi Bryan. Some more notes.

announcing CLIMB 1/2 does not trigger FO to stop timing. 

during Secure checklist FO says 'OFF' twice (IRSs - OFF OFF)

during descent FO says 'TRANSITION' at Transition level even if the altimeters had already been set to QNH before TRL and procedures and announcements done as written in manual (If cleared to an altitude prior to passing the Transition Level). During climb everything is good. 

when descent mode active FO does not response to FMA callouts.

no matter how hard Im trying command Set strobes on/off is not recognized

commands Match speed, BUG UP/1/5/10/20/25/30 are recognized but FO is not reacting

would be great to talk to ground crew holding R/T / INT switch at INT position. is it possible to implement?

is there any reason why FO does not start after start flows without command? (like 737 and 777)

also would be great to have an option to switch on/off both APU gens on freighters.

thanks

Thanks for the report.  We'll check that out for the next Service Pack.

Which voice set are you using?  

would be great to talk to ground crew holding R/T / INT switch at INT position. is it possible to implement?

-- what's your source for that?  I'll have to run it by my 747 guy.

After start flow

---He'll ask you about the APU first but there's also a config option to use the speed brake in down detent as a trigger.

APU Gens on the freighter

---I believe if you put both generators on-line, you'll no longer have control of the main door.  Same thing if using the GPU.  You'd on want 1 Gen online.

Cheers,

using EU voice set, 747-400F RR, P3D 3.4

---He'll ask you about the APU first but there's also a config option to use the speed brake in down detent as a trigger

I mean AFTER ENGINES START flow not after landing :smile:. on 737/777 FO starts the flows himself without saying 'BEFORE TAXI PROCEDURES'.

---I believe if you put both generators on-line, you'll no longer have control of the main door.  Same thing if using the GPU.  You'd on want 1 Gen online.

Yes but in most cases SIDE and NOSE CARGO DOORS are closed using GPU GEN prior to running the APU. Even if APU is online with BOTH APU GENs ON and GPU is connected but its GENs are OFF (AVAIL iluminated) still these doors can be operated. 

what's your source for that? 

its FCOM

NOnVc.jpg

cPORs.jpg

1 hour ago, keight said:

I mean AFTER ENGINES START flow not after landing :smile:. on 737/777 FO starts the flows himself without saying 'BEFORE TAXI PROCEDURES'.

I see what you mean now. That's how they do it at SOP2, so I just carried it over into SOP 1 because I liked it.

It allows you to run the After Start procedure easily if you load the 747 with the engines already running, which I suspect a lot of users do.

15 hours ago, Boomer said:

Any youtube demos as yet? 

its  only  short  but  the only  one  so far  that is  out

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Purchased last night, hoping to fly it today. I am also delighted to see the female FOs. Outstanding.

Waiting to see user videos to see if this is my cup of tea...

spacer.png