Sign in to follow this  
VFRHawk

Assign VC views to buttons

Hi,

Could anyone give me a step by step of how to assign the baked in VC views to buttons please?  I found an old post saying to edit the aircraft.cfg and add "HotKeySelect=" to the CameraDefinition, but I've tried that with both a number and a letter and when I get into the sim (P3d V4) the keys don't do anything.

If I can get a key command to work, I can use FSUIPC to assign that to a button or switch, but I can't get the key part to work - I only want the lower overhead and pedestal, plus the standard VC view mapped.

Many Thanks

Graham

I highly recommend EZDok. Included are instructions to do what you are asking, and EZDok allows for you to pan with a center mouse click - not to mention motion simulation / turbulence effects and external views that allow you to "walk around" the plane and cabin.

There are various programs like Ezdok. I personally use Opus Camera's. With this you can setup camera VC views exactly the way you like it. I have a Razor tartarus chroma which basically adds additional programmable keys to assign to each view. FSFX chaseplane is another program that does more or less the same as the other two. Ezdok was too complicated for my taste. Opus camera's fits exactly what I need and what I can handle. Maybe you could also look into Lorby-Si Cameraposition X.  With this you can also define and save camera-positions.

However none of this answers you question. I myself don't know the answer to your question. I am also very interested in what you ask but did not manage sofar what you are asking. Curious to see if somebody comes with a step by step for this.

b rdgs / Dick

=