Sign in to follow this  
stinger2k2

Help assigning ALT rotary in autopilot request

Hi all, 

Not sure if anyone can help me here but here goes...

I have built a custom autopilot hardware module and need to assign the correct fsx control to the altitude set rotary encoder knob.

Does the Phenom 300 use a standard fsx control for this? If so which one?

Also the ALT Hold button captures the current altitude, which fsx control does this?

I am using FSX with fsuipc 4 and the Linda interface.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Stinger

Hello again Stinger.

Do you know about the 'Almost Aviation' videos on You Tube? There is an ebook of the same name on Amazon. The chap builds a Twin Otter cockpit in some detail and has a lot of good information. He talks in detail about LINDA and LUA scripts. It's worth a look.

Cheers...Kenny

9 hours ago, kenny584 said:

Hello again Stinger.

Do you know about the 'Almost Aviation' videos on You Tube? There is an ebook of the same name on Amazon. The chap builds a Twin Otter cockpit in some detail and has a lot of good information. He talks in detail about LINDA and LUA scripts. It's worth a look.

Cheers...Kenny

Hi Ken, 

No I didn't know about that so will definitely have a look. Btw I managed to get the two items above working but I am now really struggling to get the VS working correctly. It's not showing ALTS in the MFD and hence when I get to the assigned altitude it is not capturing it and just keeps on climbing at the assigned VS rate.  

Perhaps the vids will help.

Many thanks for the info

Cheers 

Stinger 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2017 at 5:35 PM, stinger2k2 said:

Hi Ken, 

No I didn't know about that so will definitely have a look. Btw I managed to get the two items above working but I am now really struggling to get the VS working correctly. It's not showing ALTS in the MFD and hence when I get to the assigned altitude it is not capturing it and just keeps on climbing at the assigned VS rate.  

Perhaps the vids will help.

Many thanks for the info

Cheers 

Stinger 

this is exactly the problem I have been losing my mind over (last night I spent 4 hours trying to figure this one out to no avail). Sent you a PM hoping you can help me.