Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

P3dv4 blurry laggy slow texture loading popping and stutters

@theskyisthelimit

In addition to all the other recommendations,  just like to point out I that personally "rolled" back to an older NVidia driver which for some reason cured alot ( if not all ) of my stutters that displayed in your video.  I tried many different drivers using a clean installation each time driver version "382.33 " was the best of the bunch.  I'm using a 1080ti and have most of the sliders maxed out except detailed autogen draw distance which is set on "medium".   

Please give this a try and let us know your results.

Tony

52 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

If you're using 1/2 refresh rate and your monitor operates at 60Hz, you should be using Vsync ON (Triple Buffer ON will smooth things out even more provided you have the FPS to spare) and set to Unlimited.  If this is working correctly your FPS should report 29-31 pending your polling frequency and what you use to monitor FPS.

You WILL see a gain going from a 1080 FE to a 1080Ti, I did, about 25%.  Again, I can't comment on "worth/value" that's entirely subjective.

I was hoping to see your graphics settings in your video, but you selected "Graphics" at the end but terminated the video before displaying them?

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for the reply Rob.

Odd, shadowplay must have auto stopped at the end there, i guess, minute i went to try to show them.

I had it set like that with 1/2 refresh rate.. and vsync on and triple buffering/unlimited.. however.. i meant to mention this.. it was still 38-60, so something in the NI profile must not have been taking effect..   **which version of NI should be used now.. a little confused there were 3 versions floating around.. only the one i run now seems to have the fast sync so i assumed it correct?  I have 1.9.7.8.. i'm thinking its not working, so half my smoothing attempts didnt take effect.

Sounds like i could gain between 7 and 10 frames per second or more, hopefully.. i may give this a shot.. though its sad in the day and age of super smooth XP11, p3D still is a beast for requiring beefier and beefier hardware to get to the "perfect" sweet spot.. is what it is, both have their perks.

Here are my screenshots of my current settings (ill put traffic back up a tad and if ut live ever actually works even more so i think).. i normally had those 3 fields only at 3, 4, 5% respectively anyway.. i assumed my mesh and texture res were high enough to cover orbx high res and others (no real change in fps either way).. the autogen distance slider is the one that helps with frames a bit, especially with black marble/night time and water.  Pretty sure my cpu still runs at 49% and gpu max (on first load 99%) average of about 60%.  I think i can crank the shadow distance to midway without affecting things to, maybe turn on simboject shadows.

display.jpg

world.jpg

lighting.jpg

weather.jpg

traffic.jpg

**some of my images arent showing up.. stand by

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I dont know whats up, sometimes the forum doesnt take url images well.. here is world and weather:

world.jpg

weather.jpg

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

32 minutes ago, Tony P said:

@theskyisthelimit

In addition to all the other recommendations,  just like to point out I that personally "rolled" back to an older NVidia driver which for some reason cured alot ( if not all ) of my stutters that displayed in your video.  I tried many different drivers using a clean installation each time driver version "382.33 " was the best of the bunch.  I'm using a 1080ti and have most of the sliders maxed out except detailed autogen draw distance which is set on "medium".   

Please give this a try and let us know your results.

Tony

Ill try that indeed.. i'm on that latest one from i think end of august.. thank you.

I may be trying a 1080ti soon too.. any preferences out there on which model.. baseline gtx or ftw etc.. my 1080 ftw is what i have now.. i'm not seeing a ton available on amazon though.. I usually opt for evga, but i see that the asus is available and well reviewed via prime 

I was lucky enough to get mine straight from NVidia when they were in stock.   Try the driver and see what happens.  It was like magic for me.  

Just now, Tony P said:

I was lucky enough to get mine straight from NVidia when they were in stock.   Try the driver and see what happens.  It was like magic for me.  

My existing 1080 is the water cooled one.. did you get a water cooled one (not seeing these, maybe not yet)?

Will do

nope - fans - but they do the job and are not loud at all

There are a few water cooled 1080 ti's out there.. but the base clock is much lower than the asus one (with fans).. 1556 MHz - Boostable to 1670 MHz on the water cooled, vs 1708 MHz Boost in OC mode.. though i'm betting no real difference for p3d boost or not (i've tried boosting my own, the differences are subtle)

With my original fan based 1080 i seemed to hit the throttling limit frequently, so once i went to water cooled, the max temp went from maybe 80C (i forget).. or 85C to 50-55c, it was an amazing difference.. so i think the question is, with this asus, how frequently it will throttle.

I always thought the 1/2 refresh rate, vsynch and adaptive vsynch only functioned in true full screen mode while P3D is windowed mode? That is why even when set in NI, the frames will still behave as if there is no vsynch?

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

My clocks run at 1481 MHz with a boost to 1582 MHz.   Best card I've ever owned by far and runs every game out there like a champ.  

1 hour ago, Peter Webber said:

I always thought the 1/2 refresh rate, vsynch and adaptive vsynch only functioned in true full screen mode while P3D is windowed mode? That is why even when set in NI, the frames will still behave as if there is no vsynch?

i tried limiting the frame rate in NI (with fast sync, not 1/2 refresh rate).. this resulted in around 30 fps (per the 30.5 setting).. so i confirmed this worked.. when i set to 1/2 refresh rate in NI, i still get 40-60.. so NI in general might be working, but the 1/2 is not for some reason.  I tried reducing to a window.. the frame rate was still high.'

edit: at least from one thing i read, if i were testing fast sync at least.. that would be on in NI and vsync would be off in p3d.. is this accurate.. same for adaptive?  Also i guess fast sync is only useful at very high frame rates

My smoothness issues are mainly in the turning situation, not straight ahead.

I am now suddenly also suffering from blurries... After I used Robs shadow tweak. The problem: even if I revert this tweak back to the default settings, the blurries remain. So it must be something else. Then I realized that I installed FSDG Seychelles and something came to my mind: what, if this add-on.xml version of adding scenery is somehow even worse than LM thought? I mean, could it be that it is somehow related? I will try to disable FSDG Seychelles and see (it is currently my only add-on.xml based scenery installed...).

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 minutes ago, AnkH said:

what, if this add-on.xml version of adding scenery is somehow even worse than LM thought?

What makes you say that? I am unaware that LM isn't happy with the add-on.xml method. Some people are having issues with it and LM is looking into the issues but they are FAR from being unhappy about the method. It is still the preferred method.

FWIW, the majority of my add ons are installed with the add-on.xml method and I suffer no blurries etc because of it.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

5 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I am now suddenly also suffering from blurries... After I used Robs shadow tweak. The problem: even if I revert this tweak back to the default settings, the blurries remain. So it must be something else. Then I realized that I installed FSDG Seychelles and something came to my mind: what, if this add-on.xml version of adding scenery is somehow even worse than LM thought? I mean, could it be that it is somehow related? I will try to disable FSDG Seychelles and see (it is currently my only add-on.xml based scenery installed...).

Can you share the shadow tweak.. would be curious as to if it helps with mine.

I posted a question on my slow textures at ksan with ftx.. will see if they help any (doubtful, think its an LM issue long standing).

Yeah i'd just move all your addon folders out of the addon folder to a temp spot.. test again.. just to rule that out.. also.. disable all scenery entries except the one you are testing using sceneryconfigeditor for those kind

At one point i created addon xmls for ALL of my hundreds of scenery addons.. but then i did a timing test on loading at least.. it took an average of say 6 or 7 minutes to load when all in this format.. then i did an export for all of the ones that werent originally xml's.. back to scenery.cfg .. did the same test.. took 3 minutes.. for some reason xml parsing takes forever.. and if you change their state to disabled using lorbys tool, it still takes that long too. 

Blurry wise.. not sure that helped me any.. as i disabled on mine except objectflow

My photoscenery is occasionally blurry, but not too bad.. a patch here or there stays blurry for a second then clears.. at the start of this thread it was real bad.

2 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

What makes you say that? I am unaware that LM isn't happy with the add-on.xml method. Some people are having issues with it and LM is looking into the issues but they are FAR from being unhappy about the method. It is still the preferred method.

FWIW, the majority of my add ons are installed with the add-on.xml method and I suffer no blurries etc because of it.

Vic

Yeah i dont think mine are from xml addons as i just posted.. curious.. if you have a ton of xml entries.. have you ever tried Lorbys addon manager tool.. do a temporary conversion to scenery.cfg and compare a load time with everything enabled.. as i mentioned mine were double.. so since that day i've abandoned my xml entries .. pulled the folders out.. i now rely on scenery.cfg for everything except titles that now fully use the xml method.. not my home made creations.