Sign in to follow this  
retired_doc

FS2004 and FSUIPC3

Hi,

Newbie, who has been away from Flight Sim for many years.  I am trying to get my FS2004 loaded onto my Win10 with FSUIPC3 (registered copy).  I was able to get FS2004 up and running, but when I tried to get my CH Products Yoke, CH Product Rudder Pedals, and Saitek Thottle Quadrant up and running in FSUIPC3 I get some interactions, and it has been so long since I had this going, I am not sure why.  

I will say that I also have FSX/Steam and FSUIPC4 installed and working great! with no interactions.

I tried to emulate what I did with FSUIPC4 and that seems not to be working.  What am I missing? 

By the way I went on Dowson FSUIPC forum, but he is away until next week.  There is message that he does not support old versions.  Is FSUIPC3 considered to be an "old version"?

Thanks, Kent.

Retired_doc,

Hello mate and welcome back.

I think you may be referring to using fs2004 control assignments alongside FSUIPC and if so, this is a no no. you can use one or the other but not both.

I also would like some further elaborations regarding interactions if I am on the wrong track. May I also point out that FSuipc 3 has been updated and if you are not using the latest and current version,

I am not going to be surprised that Pete Dowson is not supporting it. I would check if you are using the latest version.

I think you will find that the latest iteration of FS2004 with scenery, utilities and aircraft add-ons, it will be a whole new ball game for you.

Good luck

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

15 hours ago, retired_doc said:

By the way I went on Dowson FSUIPC forum, but he is away until next week.  There is message that he does not support old versions.  Is FSUIPC3 considered to be an "old version"?

"Old version" in Pete speak means versions prior to the current version.  For FSUPC3 that's anything before FSUIPC 3.999z9b.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

The short and simple answer is, if you're assigning and calibrating your flight controllers in FSUIPC, then you have to disable joystick in FS9 options menu.

6 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

I'm not really sure what you mean by interactions. Can you elaborate on that?

I am afraid that Tony had it right.  I forgot :blush:, sorry about that, to clear all the button/ joystick settings in FS...dah!  I know better and did it with FSX. Senior Moment...

1 hour ago, airernie said:

"Old version" in Pete speak means versions prior to the current version.  For FSUPC3 that's anything before FSUIPC 3.999z9b.

Ernie

It is the latest version of FSUIPC, so I am good there, Thanks for the link, Ernie, if it had not been.

4 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Retired_doc,

I think you may be referring to using fs2004 control assignments alongside FSUIPC and if so, this is a no no. you can use one or the other but not both.

Thanks Tony for your help.

Thanks to all for getting me back on track.

Kent.